Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Has anyone made an 'O Capitan, my Capitan' joke yet?

I'm just gonna start referring to it as OSX:captainpop:

Thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

My dad is a college professor and "multiple" students this year turned in term papers as printed out screencaps written in iOS notes app.

What? Does he teach at ITT Tech? How does anybody do that and think it's ok?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Not terribly interested in installing Developer Previews of either of these OSes this year. What a disappointment.

Seriously.

Like, the Apple team is always sort of adorably lame with their on-stage stuff. In like a weird dad sort of way where you sorta can't help but smile as they work the crowd on OS adoption rates or greeting cards or whatever other stupid thing.

But this is just lame-lame.

I guess they were really banking on having the new Apple TV ready for today....

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Well this is a strange opinion. I don't know a single woman who doesn't use it all of the time. It's strange how one sided to the female demo it is (I know, like, 2 men who use it), but however they did it, they have it locked down.

What, SA has a really unbalanced gender breakdown and a bias that skews overwhelmingly male? News at 11!

African AIDS cum posted:

don't even know what microsoft word or windows is.

Good.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

computer parts posted:

I'm sure you would appreciate having a "Are Blacks fundamentally inferior?" Fox News article

Anyone remember 'The Daily?' That "newspaper" that Apple launched for the original iPad with Rupert loving Murdoch of all people?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

ipad 2 is truly the workhorse of the ipad lineup

It was kinda obvious that they were gonna introduce some sort of multitasking.

There were references buried in OS 8 (and maybe even 7?) and it's not like they made the iPad 2 twice as powerful as the previous one so you could run Monument Valley faster.

Also means the 12" iPad pro or whatever is a go for the fall probably.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Rupert isn't some loony ultra conservative, he is just a crass business man. Fox News isn't so much a Murdock thing as it is a Roger Alies thing who is in fact a loony ultra conservative that Rupert is even scared of. Basically Fox News runs mostly completely autonomously from News Corp and is generally considered an incredibly profitable nightmare for News Corp.

Fun Fact: Roger Alies has bullet proof glass installed in his office because he is afraid that gays would try kill him. Seriously, he is literally afraid of being physically attacked by gay people.

I was aware but it's not like Rupe's exactly a paragon of bipartisanship.

It was also the implied quality.

Steve: "The newspaper for the future, from the people who brought you the Daily Mail and New York Post!" :haw:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Does anyone on earth actually use Facetime Audio?

I do all the time when I'm on my computer/ipad and I get a phone call. Because Apple decided to route their continuity phone features through FaceTime for some reason.

Works pretty solidly tho.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

The Apple watchiphone will never catch on

They'll chuck billions of dollars at it until it does, and it'll probably suck a little less by that point

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

SourKraut posted:

I was hoping there'd be a simple Apple Music app for the iPod Nano but that's a pipe dream...

Lol, that poo poo doesn't even run iOS.

The Nano isn't going to ever get updated again until Apple quietly updates it out of their lineup.

And as much as I love my Spotify sub, and as unfortunately irrelevant as Apple Music's cheaper family plan is to me (I bought my parents Spotify family accounts but there's no way to do that with Apple without that sharing iCloud poo poo), the writing's kind of on the wall here.

For all of its growth, Spotify is still hemorrhaging money, it's not even approaching profitability, and it has a fraction of the music industry pull that Apple does.

Even if Apple weren't basically the single most powerful entity in the music business, they can still easily afford to outspend Spotify on the bottom end.

I give it two years before they're squeezed to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Is anyone else surprised that Facebook doesn't have a music service yet?

No.

I think they know how that pie's been divided.

• Locked thread