Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm usually one of those guys tempering people's expectations and shouting "it's a developer's conference!" and "why would you expect new hardware?!?" but even I must admit that with a new TV service likely off the table, this WWDC looks to be one of the most underwhelming in terms of reveals in quite a while. I'm already a Spotify Premium user and can't really imagine anything that Apple Music would offer that would make me switch, and rumors are that OSX SAN DIEGO and iOS9 are largely under the hood improvements that, while necessary, don't leave much for exciting demonstrations.

Oh well I'll still watch it to see the beautiful photos of their 8 new retail locations in China along with a creepily cultish video of both employees and customers celebrating Apple's glorious hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Kevyn posted:

Haha they photoshopped out the guy who asked for a giant barrel of lube.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Malloreon posted:

MLB players make an average of $4M/year. They can buy their own apple stuff.
They bought stuff for the groundscrew.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm sick of this comedy hour poo poo.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
This is gonna be the quickest keynote ever. I'm guessing they'll have like a half hour concert or something.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
NERDS!!!!

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Wake me up when this is over. I seriously can't handle this.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
*yawning emoji*

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Logikv9 posted:

WWDC 2015 - Look how we are making things worse

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey it's that lady they promoted simply because people were on their rear end about every single keynote being old white guys.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
*renames app*
*crowd goes wild*

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
literally no one uses notes don't loving lie craig

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
This is the worst thing i've ever seen in my entire life. :unsmigghh:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Can't wait to see how boring the music service is and how much they try to hype up what other people have been doing for years.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Not terribly interested in installing Developer Previews of either of these OSes this year. What a disappointment.
Alternatively, at least you won't have to shout "don't install beta software on your main device" in the Apple threads over and over again.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Literally no one is going to develop articles formatted for this dumb thing.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sue posted:

I like Susan Prescott's style.
She should be on stage every Apple event.
What the...

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Don Lapre posted:

Now onto the ipad *demos everything twice*
Gotta fill two hours somehow.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Wait what. Is this a joke specifically at my expense? I'm known for being an android sperglord and buying/returning devices, not racism....
That's not what the information tied to your AppleID browsing and search history says...

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
End it now, please.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Yes end the developer conference keynote at the start of the developer features. :rolleye:
To be fair I'm like 15 seconds behind so that comment was made well before they got into the dev stuff.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Thwomp posted:

Now Featuring: a ton of features and kits that don't have any support currently and which the first products that do support it won't be out for another year and will cost 75% more.
Wait are they talking about Thunderbolt??

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Astro7x posted:

I really don't see anything so far worth upgrading from iOS 8. I don't see a need to start slowing down my perfectly stable iPhone with a new OS.
lol you idiot your phone will work better but go ahead and not update it like some kind of stupid loving doofus.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Logikv9 posted:

I almost forgot what real applause sounded like

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

So I'm guessing it's Watch SDK time, who wants to get lunch?
They gotta budget at least 30 minutes for Apple Music.

I wouldn't be surprised if they left the watch stuff for the actual classroom stuff.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

This was one of the first presentations by Apple I've missed in a LONG time. Is there going to be a video posted... or a summary bulletpoint list somewhere?
Please don't waste your time with either of those things.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Supposedly that is happening today. I guess we'll see.
I thought it was only for the thing where people sign up for subscription based services through the app? Like if you downloaded Netflix and made a Netflix account using your iPhone then Apple would get $2.50 every month for your Netflix account, which was always kind of hosed up I thought. I even believe they tried to make it illegal for apps to link to an outside registration source so they wouldn't have to get taxed.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Rabble posted:

This video is so bad it's kind of insulting.
Everything has been bad. Why stop now?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Multiple colors for the dumb finger sketch thing that no one ever uses.

Killer app.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Three Olives posted:

Does anyone on earth actually use Facetime Audio?
Yes it owns.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I thought OMT was reserved for actual cool/innovative/exciting things? Not Apple branded Spotify.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He said the thing~!

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Don't even attempt to make a subscription based music streaming service new and innovative. Please just don't, Apple. I can't handle that.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
HES TLAKING ABOUT SEX

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
If "personally curated playlists" and "stay in touch with social media like updates from your favorite artists" is their main selling point then lmao. I'm buying Spotify stock.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Logikv9 posted:

we took soundcloud, band camp, itunes, youtube, and spotify and made it much worse

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

thrawn527 posted:

So what does this have that Spotify doesn't? Other than I'm guessing content like The Beatles (and probably Taylor Swift).
Your favorite artists' instagram is integrated into the app.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Vinlaen posted:

Did I miss it, or are they literally including every song to be available for streaming?
Why wouldn't they?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
DRIZZY!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
KEYNOTE SAVED IM NOT EVEN JOKING

• Locked thread