Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Oh gently caress, "One more thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Consummate Professional posted:

How many OMT has Tim done?

I think this is his first.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Logikv9 posted:

The Apple Watch was a one more thing I think?

I could absolutely be wrong, but I don't think he's Actually said "one more thing" on stage. I remember something like "we have something else" or something but hadn't yet used Steve Jobs' line.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

fordan posted:

Why do you have to imagine? iTunes Radio has been a thing for almost a year now.

iTunes Radio is more of a Pandora like streaming playlist service where the song selection Is based on genres/artists you chose where you can skip songs. Honestly it was pretty comparable to Pandora, except I kept getting edited versions of songs when I wanted the explicit version. Not sure if they fixed that, I haven't used it in quite a while.

Beats 1, or whatever the station is called is a live streaming broadcast that mimics an over the air/satellite broadcast. As far as I can tell Apple has hired popular DJs from LA, New York, and London to control the content and aren't controlling it directly. I'll withhold judgement until I hear it. I'm guessing this is an experiment and if it it brings in enough money we'll see addition stations (beats 2, etc) in the future. Or maybe Apple uses some of that cash to buy Sirius Satellite.

Whatever the case I'll probably stick with free alternatives like Pandora because I'm a cheap rear end.

• Locked thread