Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Should not let this guy on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

"No genres, just great music." How exactly do they think that is going to work? People like genres!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Well, they clearly had to spend a ton of money to poach these DJs, so not surprised they are pushing it so hard.

I assume it has ads too.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

thegreatcodfish posted:

I wonder how much the had to pay the Beatles to use Music

According to Wikipedia, they settled that a few years ago and Apple owns all the trademarks and licenses them back to the Beatles.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Some of this is straight from Beats Music.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Leathal posted:

Hey mods can we get a thread for goons to create fake families for Apple Music discounts?

If it uses the existing family system, then I think they have to use same credit card to buy stuff.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Oh wow. They are selling Apple Music as a "membership" not a subscription.

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I don't really understand how this is not the same as iTunes Match.

quote:

How does Apple Music know what songs are in my personal library?
With an Apple Music membership, your entire library lives in iCloud. We compare every track in your collection to the Apple Music library to see if we have a copy. If we do, you can automatically listen to it straight from the cloud. If you have music that’s not in our catalog, we upload those songs from iTunes on your Mac or PC. It’s all in iCloud, so it won’t take up any space on your devices.

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?
Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It's hard to believe there are that many people who want a Flipboard-like app that aren't using Flipboard already. And Facebook is already basically the "news app" for most people.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

How about that:

quote:

Six-digit passcodes
The passcodes you use on your Touch ID–enabled iPhone and iPad will now have six digits instead of four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

Where are you getting this?

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios9-preview/ and scroll way down to Security. It also mentions two-factor authentication, but I thought that was already a feature of iOS 8.

And below that, they have a section on a new Android app to help to migrate to iOS.

• Locked thread