Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Some random thought I had today: What are your favourite ye olde SciFi-shows/movies? Please post!

(Also please note for any teenagers, "old" means old, not just "older then me". For example: The 90s were weird, not old. Everything older then the 90s is fine, though!)

I start with an old German classic, the 7 episode SciFi-show Raumschiff Orion. It reached record-breaking audience ratings of up to 56% and was axed because the head chief of German television at the time really hated science fiction or something

The show aired in 1966 just a couple days after the American start of Star Trek (and six years before Star Trek reached Germany).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJI4J92Btis

If you don't mind YouTube or subtitles, here's the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Holy hell, looks like I vastly overestimated the interest in ScienceFiction on this forum!

Welp, obviously this means I have to make some extra effort.

Have this for now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUJJKDa558

Disney's The Black Hole. The strangest movie Disney ever made, from 1979. That film gave me nightmares as a kid, but I still have strong nostalgic feelings about it. It's like someone had stuffed Star Wars, Odyssey 2001 and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea into a blender and mixed everything up. The result is sometimes hilarious and sometimes terrifying. :allears:

• Locked thread