Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I hope they add someone with Heartbeat monitor in who doesn't use a Sniper Rifle. It's useful, but gently caress the Rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Most of the unreleased mercs were available in earlier versions of the beta that I'm pretty sure weren't under NDA:

-Phoenix had a lovely aoe healing pulse with a 15 second cooldown that made him absolute poo poo at healing and had the ability to revive himself. smg/medium

-Sparks had a long range revive gun, IIRC you charged it up and then shot at a corpse to get him up with infinite range, also did a shitton of damage if you hit an enemy with it. I wanna say the revive gun wasn't an ability but a primary weapon and that she was a light.

-Stoker used to have a incendiary grenade that did what you would expect and also had the bullet station deployable Kira has now. AR/medium

-Thunder had concussion grenades and an LMG that was significantly worse than the one fragger has. Basically a worse fragger with the upside that you couldn't get gibbed by grenades or the basic sniper rifle in 1 hit because you had 160 health. LMG/heavy

-Red Eye had a smoke grenade and thermal vision that I'm pretty sure only let him see through smoke, not walls. He had a rifle that was like the dreiss, except it had crazy high spread and recoil if you spammed with it but would gib on headshot kills. sniper/medium

-Phantom could cloak and had a katana. Wanna say he used to have a sniper an eternity ago but eventually the katana became his primary.

Apparently there was/is a way you could start a local server with the open beta build of the game that let you choose mercs that aren't publically available yet. It let people play with Turtle, who apparently deploys walls or something and a completely unannounced merc called Lancer, who is an assault merc with a panzerfaust-style rocket launcher.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 9, 2015

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

AlmightyPants posted:

I tried this out the other day and it seems like a Splash Damage game, but I'm concerned by the possible pay to win aspect. Are higher tier character variants significantly better?

There is no pay to win aspect. At all. You can buy the effective top tier of loadout cards of your choice in-game at any time for 17,500 credits. Sounds pricy but you're skipping the entire RNG of cases and crafting in order to choose your card.
Silver, Gold, and Cobalt cards are 100% identical to Bronze cards in effectiveness, but have character skins on them. Nothing else.

Also thats cool to know about the unreleased Mercs. I knew some were in earlier in beta but removed for the overall game rebalance, and its nice to confirm that they're working on mercs outside the 20 I listed.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Also thats cool to know about the unreleased Mercs. I knew some were in earlier in beta but removed for the overall game rebalance, and its nice to confirm that they're working on mercs outside the 20 I listed.

Definitely. I'm hoping that they keep developing the game and adding maps and mercs, but I'm also worried about post-release power creep.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wish Objective maps had more stuff to them. ET:RtCW and ET:QW had a ton of side objectives for each side that would hinder the enemy team or make it easier to do their objective along with things like forward spawns. In DirtyBomb there seems to be at most one side objective

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wish Objective maps had more stuff to them. ET:RtCW and ET:QW had a ton of side objectives for each side that would hinder the enemy team or make it easier to do their objective along with things like forward spawns. In DirtyBomb there seems to be at most one side objective

Underground has some extra stuff but yeah I agree

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The maps are a lot smaller than ET though. Generally there's only a few paths to the objective and blocking one off is a big deal, if there was too many it'd be way too easy to sneak around the defenders and complete objectives on the sly.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Horizontal Tree posted:

There is no pay to win aspect. At all. You can buy the effective top tier of loadout cards of your choice in-game at any time for 17,500 credits. Sounds pricy but you're skipping the entire RNG of cases and crafting in order to choose your card.
Silver, Gold, and Cobalt cards are 100% identical to Bronze cards in effectiveness, but have character skins on them. Nothing else.

All of the purchasable loadouts have seemed really underwhelming to me.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

watho posted:

All of the purchasable loadouts have seemed really underwhelming to me.

Loadouts really don't do enough to justify their existence, the perks are minor enough to be irrelevant for everyone except medics. As long as your loadout card has the primary and secondary weapons you want, the perks are just a nice side bonus. Bronze is only marginally better than lead or iron in most cases.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

20% reload speed on a shotgun is not close to what I'd call irrelevant.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Played a bit of this, just hit level 5, but jesus christ is it painful when your team seems to of never played a FPS before in their lives.

Had a guy sat on the turret right next to the objective facing away from it, the enemy planted the C4 on the objective literally right behind him, he continued to look at nothing in particular (Since the enemy team had very loudly and obviously taken the other route to the objective) as the game told him the enemy had planted C4 and then remain doing so until someone eventually walked over and knifed him. :psyduck:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I don't know, my favorite might be the literal Russian children who don't understand the game and get mad at everyone for not carrying them.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 9, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
There's Snipers who'll drop their incredibly useful Sensor but they ain't ever on my loving team. Pubbies are the worst.

On the flipside, Proxy is fun as hell and nothing seems to annoy pubbies more than getting killed over and over by Prox Mines hidden round corners or on stairs.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Fans posted:

There's Snipers who'll drop their incredibly useful Sensor but they ain't ever on my loving team. Pubbies are the worst.

On the flipside, Proxy is fun as hell and nothing seems to annoy pubbies more than getting killed over and over by Prox Mines hidden round corners or on stairs.

how is bushwhacker? I've unlocked two bronze layouts for him and am sitting at 39k credits, is he worth the 50k?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

TheAnomaly posted:

how is bushwhacker? I've unlocked two bronze layouts for him and am sitting at 39k credits, is he worth the 50k?

Really, really good. His KEK-10 SMG is super powerful, and if you're using him as an objective class like he's supposed to be, the turret is amazing for covering your rear end when pubbies won't.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Set up a steam group! Membership is open for now.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dirtygoons

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This game is really fun, I found a proxy shotgun loadout and I've been playing it like a coked up doomguy. It rules.

Edit: I joined the steam group :getin:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

InterFaced posted:

This game is really fun, I found a proxy shotgun loadout and I've been playing it like a coked up doomguy. It rules.

Based on how successful I was earlier despite being very off my game, with the first run with that Cobalt Proxy loadout I posted on the last page, I have a feeling that after a good nights sleep I'm going to be able to do wonderful, salt-inducing things with it. Very fun class. I really need to get used to using mines well though.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

TheAnomaly posted:

That loving turret is a pain in the rear end, he's fantastic.

InterFaced posted:

Her Shotgun really is fantastic it feels like it has a lot more range and fire rate to it than Aura's but packs less punch. If you need some quick damage in a fight you can shoot your own mines to set them off, don't have to wait for them to activate. I've gotten quite a few people by dropping a mine as I'm running and then spinning to shoot it.

Fans fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 10, 2015

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

This game is kinda fun, a bit frustrating on certain maps, but otherwise it's alright. Definitely like Aura alot. It's funny hiding during firefights and just rezzing all your teammates every time they go down. The fast movement speed and combined with blasting fools with a shotgun make it pretty fun as well.

If you guys want, feel free to use this Mumble server to coordinate pubstomps:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

I'll make a channel for this game when I get back from work today.

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 10, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

IronDoge posted:

This game is kinda fun, a bit frustrating on certain maps, but otherwise it's alright. Definitely like Aura alot. It's funny hiding during firefights and just rezzing all your teammates every time they go down. The fast movement speed and combined with blasting fools with a shotgun make it pretty fun as well.

If you guys want, feel free to use this Mumble server to coordinate pubstomps:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

I'll make a channel for this game when I get back from work today.

Oh great thanks! I was going to set up something but this takes care of that. Thank you very much.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I played this with some friends is there a way to enforce staying on the same team? It kept switching us.

I'm a dirty euro but I joined the steam group anyway.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 10, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Played a couple of nice matchmaking games with Waters, Mivko, and Tree last night. Got my rear end roundly kicked in both of them, even the game where I won I ended up on the bottom of the scoreboard. A rude awakening considering I generally top scoreboards in pub matches.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

Played a couple of nice matchmaking games with Waters, Mivko, and Tree last night. Got my rear end roundly kicked in both of them, even the game where I won I ended up on the bottom of the scoreboard. A rude awakening considering I generally top scoreboards in pub matches.

Too bad you missed the tears when Mivko and I went back on a little while later in casuals. I am a filthy hacker 12 year old, you see, and this guy totally knows his hacks because he was a pro CoD player

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Too bad you missed the tears when Mivko and I went back on a little while later in casuals. I am a filthy hacker 12 year old, you see, and this guy totally knows his hacks because he was a pro CoD player

If you're spectating somebody what you see and what they see doesn't exactly match up (I've seen people shoot off to the side of an enemy and the enemy still drop) so I can see how someone could get the "hacker" idea if they spectate

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
No he didn't even spectate, he was just hilariously garbage at the game and got quickscoped a lot. He basically stood still and took it, and had bad aim. Apparantly its impossible to snipe a skyhammer while hes shooting back though

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The community is really salty.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

watho posted:

The community is really salty.

I've been playing mostly Nader and people can not deal with Martyrdom at all

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I really do hate when I have moments like I did earlier where I'm just casually walking by a downed enemy without paying much attention to them, and suddenly I die to a grenade behind me.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Proxy should be the first merc for anyone to buy, because she is only 30k, an engineer, incredible fun to play and useful with all potential weapons.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Proxy is super fun, but for actually effectiveness, Bushwhacker does everything Proxy can, but better. Turret is so much better than mines for actually trying to win

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Baller Time posted:

Proxy should be the first merc for anyone to buy, because she is only 30k, an engineer, incredible fun to play and useful with all potential weapons.
I managed to pull a Cobalt Proxy from a case that I bought as a demo to explain to a mate that buying cases was a waste of time, see look at this sh..oh..

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm a little salty that my closed beta Obsidian case gave me loadout for Arty.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Horizontal Tree posted:

Proxy is super fun, but for actually effectiveness, Bushwhacker does everything Proxy can, but better. Turret is so much better than mines for actually trying to win

They've already announced that Bushwhacker is in for a bit of a nerf though, so it's not super important.

I like Proxy's speed and shotgun myself, the mines are there to stop people chasing me thoughtlessly. Play them like a TF2 scout and it's pretty fun.

Then again I'm biased, slow classes drive me nuts. Kia, Aura, Proxy is my usual team and I'm keen on picking up Nader to replace Kia when I can.

Fans fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 11, 2015

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Also could the devs implement a feature that makes loud airhorns, klaxxons and flashing lights blare out over downed allies when you ignore a bunch of them in a row when you're a medic with a loving instant revive button with no cooldown or downsides to you.

Because man it's starting to get really annoying how people somehow can't see people bleeding out right in front of them and will instead dance on their corpse and die to whatever killed them, even when they could've super easily revived them with no danger to themselves. :v:

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 11, 2015

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

A good medic can really turn a fight around. It's a shame there's so few of those around.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Most medics I see are Sawbones who don't res but just use the kits to heal themselves.

Pairing Aura up with Fragger or Rhino is basically a free win against pubbies. They cannot cope with the healing aura deployable at all.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Fans posted:

Most medics I see are Sawbones who don't res but just use the kits to heal themselves.

Pairing Aura up with Fragger or Rhino is basically a free win against pubbies. They cannot cope with the healing aura deployable at all.

Also add to the tutorial SHOOT/BLOW UP THE loving AURA STATION DIPSHIT because people just sacrificing themselves over and over again to the meatgrinder without shooting the stupid heal station is also pretty ridiculous.

Also Also change the Tutorial slightly because I didn't actually know Skyhammer could use his markers as 'nades with reduced cooldown until a loading screen tip told me because the Tutorial made it sound like Airstrike markers were just useless indoors, but I may just be dumb. :v:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Tutorial really should have had some parkour in it too, I swear I'm the only person who can do the Long Jump on the Underground Station map to save the last objective quickly.

That and a "You run faster with a knife" moment, because every time I see people running to the front with their main weapons out I die a little inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microsoft Weird
Sep 11, 2007

Wilko posted:

I've been playing mostly Nader and people can not deal with Martyrdom at all

Martyrdom used to be cancelled, easily, by knifing the nader before the fuse popped and even though most everyone already did this to every merc nader or not and even though 9/10 times the skill was cancelled with no effect, people still complained about it. They will never not complain about it.

• Locked thread