Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

From June 11th to July 4th :911: the world's most exciting national teams with all of the world's best players will gather in Chile to play the the world's best sport

first 3 games:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I can watch this on YouTube? Yesss.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
a few of these look like men but they will get even more naked for every goal Venezuela scores or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiIktUsOpU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Last Copa America was probably the worst tournament of all time

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Sadly Luis "Luisito" Suarez is still banned by the corrupt FIFA fucks so he won't be able to play

all of the other world's best players will be there though so expect an awesome tournament

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Sadly Luis "Luisito" Suarez is still banned by the corrupt FIFA fucks so he won't be able to play

all of the other world's best players will be there though so expect an awesome tournament

Lol last I checked neither bojan nor ryan shawcross is playing so who could possibly care about these poo poo cloggers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who the hell invited Jamaica

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Benne posted:

The USA were deemed too poor of a rival

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

El Hefe posted:

a few of these look like men but they will get even more naked for every goal Venezuela scores or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiIktUsOpU

They present strong arguments

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

jamaica was their backup plan if japan and china didn't show. not even kidding.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I saw that Dunga called up Fred and thought he had gone insane but turns out it's another Fred.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I want Colombia or Chile to win this.

Any bookies taking bets on red cards for the Jamaicans? I think that's a pretty good bet.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
anyone but chile or mexico

thx

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

i'll be rooting for jamaica, but sorry i won't be watching

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

take bets on jamaica not being physically able to play for 90 minutes and cramping up as a whole around 65

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

take bets on jamaica not being physically able to play for 90 minutes and cramping up as a whole around 65

maybe they should've sent the bobsled team because it's winter in Chile and the reporters were freezing their balls off today

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's coming home mon

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
As a Mexican I am hoping that this is the tournament when Herrera finally goes SSJ4. Go Mexicans!
And as an avid marijuana and ska enthusiast, Jamaica is my second.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

El Hefe posted:

I saw that Dunga called up Fred and thought he had gone insane but turns out it's another Fred.

lol that there are 2 brazilian footballers called fred

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Last Copa America was probably the worst tournament of all time

I really enjoyed it :unsmith:

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

Jose posted:

lol that there are 2 brazilian footballers called fred

The real Fred isn't bad, but requires a level of pampering that no one in the Selenike's midfield can provide. I'm still a fan. This Copa América will be terrible [edit: to Brazil], regardless of outcome. 2011's was particularly nasty and disappointing, and that's because Brazil did not have to resort to Chinese players in the wrong side of 30 or players kicking it in the Middle East. I don't know how to feel about having THE BOY ROBSON in the team, but I think he could have been useful in 2014.

20matar fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 9, 2015

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Surely if you were the United States FA you'd be desperate to be involved in the Copa America, since outside the World Cup their schedule is a barren wasteland. I mean people even went apeshit over the Confederations Cup that one time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Monday Bandele posted:

Surely if you were the United States FA you'd be desperate to be involved in the Copa America, since outside the World Cup their schedule is a barren wasteland. I mean people even went apeshit over the Confederations Cup that one time.

The Gold Cup is next month which is more important. The u-20 WC is ongoing. There's no reason to do what Mexico is doing (send a terrible squad to Brazil to get embarassed and save their "good" squad for the gold cup.)

That being said go Colombia.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
You mean Falcao right op?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Brazil is going to win this. Then they will have a brilliant showing at the confederations cup. By 2018, people will be talking nonstop about how incredibly motivated the Brazilians are to make people forget the 2014 fiasco. Pundits will pick them as the heavy favorites. Then Brazil will struggle in the group stages and get embarrassed the first time they face an UEFA side.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I don't know who told you people that the Gold Cup is more important than the CA. The Gold Cup is a joke, with no history (founded in 1991, cool) and that has the US and Mexico as it's best teams.

I bet they're sending the better MX team to the GC because the fans don't have to travel too far to watch the team play, and there is clearly more interest in team A than team B.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Weaponized Cum posted:

I don't know who told you people that the Gold Cup is more important than the CA. The Gold Cup is a joke, with no history (founded in 1991, cool) and that has the US and Mexico as it's best teams.

I bet they're sending the better MX team to the GC because the fans don't have to travel too far to watch the team play, and there is clearly more interest in team A than team B.

The Gold Cup is more important to the USA was my point. That should've been incredibly easy to ascertain based on the context of my post but I guess you're a big dumb idiot who wants to grandstand about history and prestige and all that garbage. I hope you get hit with an errant piss bag.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 9, 2015

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

why are you so salty about your poo poo gold cup??

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lmao no one gives a poo poo about the gold cup what a loving joke

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

advanced statsman posted:

lmao no one gives a poo poo about the gold cup what a loving joke

likewise for copa america which is a bad tournament for poors

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*literal retard*
america beat spain in the confederations bowl after winning the prestigious gold cup, the gold cup is the most prestigious tournament with soccer giants like Martinique and Guadeloupe

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hmm why would a team give more importance to their own regional tournament then some dumb money spinning guest appearance. Oh the historic rivalry between USA and Bolivia

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
they should invite some clown team like china (again?)

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

likewise for copa america which is a bad tournament for poors

i think you mean seattle chokehawks football

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
forgot to comment on this but

lmao

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Merge Concacaf and Conmebol imo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

i think you mean seattle chokehawks football

last copa america had like 1 goal per game if we were lucky, the players are in the offseason and its in the winter time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Blue Star Error posted:

Merge Concacaf and Conmebol imo

Just add the top 3 teams from concacaf to conmebol and force the rest to play with oceania for 0 wc spots

• Locked thread