Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Last Copa America was probably the worst tournament of all time

I really enjoyed it :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Polidoro posted:

Same. It was poo poo poo poo poo poo.

My only hope is we don't embarrass ourselves and that this is the last tournament Tabarez will be in charge.

Is this sarcasm?

I really don't know anymore

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Polidoro posted:

I don't know what part you are talking about but the tournament really was poo poo. The pitches were the worst Paraguay made it to the final playing like poo poo, we played like usual too (also poo poo). The final was pretty boring too. All in all a poo poo tourney. The only good game was us making GBS threads it up against the argies because it was fun and maybe Venezuela - Perú. I can't really remember

For the second part, we've looked terrible in our friendlies and I've always hated Tabárez so I want him out. We might still win it because the other teams train to play against football teams and we play a completely different sport where having possession is forbidden and passes can't be shorter than 30 metres.

We will also have to rely on Cavani to do the racisms and biting and he's not on the same level as Suárez.

I really enjoy watching Uraguay play :unsmith:

I think you guys play to your strengths; extremely aggressive and dirty at the back (this is a compliment), tenacious as gently caress in the midfield, and amazing strikers up front. You won the last Copa America and have done well in the last couple of World Cup too. That's insanely impressive for a country of your size.

Tabarez might be a bit old fashioned but you can't say he doesn't motivate the team.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Polidoro posted:

Well, you are a known bad team liker so it's no surprise.

We were entertaining when we had Suarez in it ergo...

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Argentina are always so so good on paper and terrible on the pitch.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Why does David Luiz start ahead of Thiago Silva?

Also looking at that Brazil team I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Polidoro posted:

This is no good. I needed either a win or a catastrophic loss so at least Tabarez would walk (with his cane)

Is there an available super Uruguayan manager to take over if he leaves?

How do you feel about making GBS threads in dressing rooms?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Polidoro posted:

Lol Colombia would gently caress our poo poo up

Everyone at this tournament is garbage for some reason so Uruguay could quite easily win it again.

Would you take that for four more years of Tabarez?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What did he say?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Diego Alves is the best goalkeeper I've ever seen play in person (back when he started at Atletico Mineiro, and I've seen Taffarel, Carlos, who was the 1986 goal keeper, and Dida, who played for cruzeiro). But most of those are aging. The thing is that 5 years ago I was sure this was going to be one of the best generations we had. Pato, Ganso, Damiao, and so many others have become total busts. Tardelli with the 9 is bad, but I can't think of anyone else who would be a major upgrade.

Coutinho is pretty good :unsmith:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Are you guys trying to tell me he's bad at football?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

No Suarez no party.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

PerpetualSelf posted:

You know if I were a player I'd report it as sexual assault (which it is) and try to raise a global stink about it. Call out FIFA by name (which will only work to your advantage) come out crying and poo poo saying it was basically rape.

I can not see that not working in the current climate. Sure CONMEBOL may ignore you, south american news may rip you to shreds, but globally you're gonna win.

You're a crazy rear end poster but I do kinda agree with you on this. It's pretty bullshit that nothing gets done about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

How can Argentina and Brazil be so loving bad.

• Locked thread