Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
UEFA SUPREMACY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gently caress brazil

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

trem_two posted:

Neymar's ban has been extended to 4 games.

that's Brazil's hopes of winning the cup over then, their attack is toothless. good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Because a team is 11 players not 9 or 8?

Only 3 of Colombia's current team start for their club. 4 today because Arias played instead of Zuniga.

You guys really don't know loving football. You can't analyze matches tactically at all. Colombia was all over Peru until Valencia got injured because we had a functional midfielder who can actually pass the Ball.

--------------------Ospina----------------
Arias---Zapata--Murillo--Armero
----------Sanchez--Valencia--------
Cuadrado-------------------James
----------------Falcao--Teo-----------

How the gently caress does the ball get to the wingers, much less the loving forwards if the two midfielders can't pass a ball forward? Mejia certainly loving can't. Pekerman knew he had problems with this position for over a loving YEAR and FLAT OUT REFUSED to try and find another player. Abel Aguilar injured right before the tournament and we have NO MIDFIELDERS meaning NO ONE TO PASS THE BALL FORWARD FROM THE DEFENSE. Which naturally means HOOFBALL AND PRAY.

And it was poo poo.

Learn loving a thing or two about loving tactics you manchild instead of posting in a forum like you think you understand the god drat sport. Having 11 good players (And they're not 11 good players because Falcao, Cuadrado, Valencia, Sanchez, Armero, Zapata and Murillo have all started a total of 3-4 matches each in the past 3 months. ) means jack loving all poo poo. Tactics is what win you a game. Knowing WHERE to play a player WHEN.

Pekerman hosed up. He played too many players only because they were good in the world cup and didn't give chances to new young talent who are actually starting for their teams like Jose Izquierdo, Felipe Pardo, Freddy Montero, Daniel Torres, Carlos Carbonero, Freddy Hinestroza, or Sebastian Perez.

Still this wasn't THAT BAD because last tournament we LOST during this match. Our defense looked good. Murillo is only 22 and getting good experience against some of the best strikers in the world. Unfortunately just like the World Cup our team is not in the best form right now for this tournament.

BRAVO. I've been thinking this for years but never been able to put it into words, but sir, you just hit the NAIL on the loving HEAD. Great post, and I pretty much agree with all of it 100%. Don't let the rest of these failtards, who wouldn't know a football if it HIT them on their loving fat FACES, bring you down to their level. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Brazil's tactics, can they win the cup without Neymar, that's what I want to loving know.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
all the players in the thread's title have been pretty bad, time for jackson martinez to shine

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Colombia is playing very interesting tactics...

Let's hear them, mate.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
hell of a save (both of them)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Colombia suck rear end, only thing they're good for is to make hot women for me to f*ck well not me cause im an adult virgin but some other tall white frat bro

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The Colombia players just don't give a gently caress, they always just do the bare minimum to get thru the group stages and then bottle it when that's over...lazy rear end bitches

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The Colombians got raped by the Argentinians big time...they looked like candy rear end bitches. Shameful

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Hope they don't invite Colombia to the next Copa America. This was an embarrassment. Thank God I'm not Colombian

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I think Colombians don't "get" tactics tbh they were just running around like headless chickens. Looked like womens football, hell, maybe their women would have played better. Pretty sure the average Colombian doesn't even know what a formation is. Would love to be proven wrong tbh just get someone from there to post and show me they know anything about football tactics but it's probably impossible, I think computers aren't a thing there yet.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Isnt it funny that out of 4 matches: two against the best south american sides out there, Colombia only had one goal scored against them.

That's because South American teams suck rear end, as proven by this boring crap Copa America

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Yeah they suck rear end so much that they did major things in the last World Cup.

Yes clearly Colombia can never do anything well. It was a complete poo poo team despite not being scored upon for 300 minutes against teams like Brazil and Argentina and Peru that scored against every other team they played.

Do they get a trophy for this? For doing "major things" in a World Cup? lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

advanced statsman posted:

the colombian team that went to the Copa only did it to move more product

of course they played like crap, they had their butts filled with cocaine balloons

lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mr. Mambold posted:

You're going about this the wrong way, forums poster PerpetualSelf. One word: Portugal.

you old bastard....

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gently caress off Brazil

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ewar Woowar posted:

How can Argentina and Brazil be so loving bad.

domestic managers imo

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I hope Chile wins the Copa

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
chile ftw

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
chile is gonna win the copa ftw

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

Today Messi will be crowned the best player in history lads

nobody cares about the copa america actually

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
CHILE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
CHILE FTW!!!!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

Today Messi will be crowned the best player in history lads

lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ape Gone Insane posted:

imagine being the best player in the world and being surrounded by 'world class club' players and being marked by 3 guys and being brutally cut down everytime you get the ball and having to drop down deeper because of a lack of service and dribbling/making killer passes and then watching as your world class teammates do everything to trip over themselves, run into walls and gently caress up everything you do and then the inept manager comes in with some retarded tactics to sub on two more gently caress-ups to play off you. imagine that in two of the biggest tournaments of your life.

didnt read any of this

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

dkj posted:

Finally getting to watch the game and lmao this poo poo is so fixed.

it wasn't, Chile owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

shocked, just shocked to hear that chileans were a bunch of uncivilized thugs.

they're south americans, it's in their nature thus they're not responsible for such acts. also negrito is a term of endearment

• Locked thread