Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

African AIDS cum posted:

Last Copa America was probably the worst tournament of all time

Same. It was poo poo poo poo poo poo.

My only hope is we don't embarrass ourselves and that this is the last tournament Tabarez will be in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Is this sarcasm?

I really don't know anymore

I don't know what part you are talking about but the tournament really was poo poo. The pitches were the worst Paraguay made it to the final playing like poo poo, we played like usual too (also poo poo). The final was pretty boring too. All in all a poo poo tourney. The only good game was us making GBS threads it up against the argies because it was fun and maybe Venezuela - Perú. I can't really remember

For the second part, we've looked terrible in our friendlies and I've always hated Tabárez so I want him out. We might still win it because the other teams train to play against football teams and we play a completely different sport where having possession is forbidden and passes can't be shorter than 30 metres.

We will also have to rely on Cavani to do the racisms and biting and he's not on the same level as Suárez.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Paraguay got to the final without winning a single game

If that isn't amazing I don't know what it is

We got to the final in 99 winning a single game and lost the final 3-0 against Brazil.

The best Copa América will always be Colombia 2001. The FARC made some threats and Argentina didn't go and we took a team of players no one would mind if they were killed. It was the funniest tournament ever to watch as an Uruguayan.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

I really enjoy watching Uraguay play :unsmith:

Well, you are a known bad team liker so it's no surprise.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

If I hear a single Chilean yell puto after goal kicks I'll start supporting Bolivia's sea access claims.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lol. A promising start for the Copa.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

should be here but it doesn't let you watch if someone owns the tv rights in your country

https://www.youtube.com/user/CopaAmerica

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

What the hell are the refs wearing?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Singing the whole anthem worked great for Brazil

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

boooooooooooo

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

mexico bolivia sounds like a boring rear end game though, anyone care to say anything about it and see if it's worth staying up late for that crap?

I'm not even going to read the result of that game.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Here's and advanced stat I just read: Every time Chile debuts with a win, tie or defeat they end not winning poo poo.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

meat CRime posted:

Paraguay starting to look like Paraguay

They caught dengue?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

But he's very respected in South America

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Chavez was also very respected in South America and turned out to be a pretty bad manager.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I'm at work, gently caress! Bolivia not playing in La Paz is actually good?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I thought we already hated each other

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

we hate each other equally, but some are more bolivian than others

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I thought there was no advantage on penalties.

Looks like we'll be playing a 4-1-4-1 against laaaaaaargentina today. Tabárez sure loves playing a forward as outside midfielder (Cavani, Stuani and now Rolan).

Muslera
Pereira Giménez Godín Pereira
Arévalo
Rolan Gonzalez Lodeiro Rodríguez
Cavani

gently caress code tags

Can't believe we haven't produced a better player than Livianico Lodeiro in all these years.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

We bad

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

This is no good. I needed either a win or a catastrophic loss so at least Tabarez would walk (with his cane)

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lol why do juventus players keep crashing their cars?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

but messi is from spain so he doesnt respect him

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I can't see beyond my hatred of Tabarez. I'd gladly go back to the dark days of Fossatti to get rid of him.

I want Poyet to get the job some time in the future and call up his own son. We need a midfielder who can pass the ball to his own teammates and he looked good for our U-20.

edit: our u-20 who failed miserably

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I'm watching his press conference now and he's definitely with the crocodile tears 12 hours after pulling the "don't you know who I am" with the Chilean police, gently caress him.

Good on Chilean police for not covering this up though, in any other South American country nothing of this would've come to light, but the Chilean football federation and CONMEBOL are still third world.

Abreu killed someone years ago and got away with it.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Falcaos age has started to show. Colombia is much better without him

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

If a fight doesn't start I'll be disappointed

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

loving lol

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Neymar got red carded too. He was on two yellows already so he might miss more than one game.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Colombia has to hope they don't draw Uruguay or Paraguay in the next round, they can't deal with an organized defense but against a bunch of headless chickens like Brazil they do this.

Lol Colombia would gently caress our poo poo up

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Just heard the rules of the Copa say that a straight red erases the previous yellow so it up to the discipline committee how many games will neymar get.

So just the one probably.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Everyone at this tournament is garbage for some reason so Uruguay could quite easily win it again.

Would you take that for four more years of Tabarez?

I think he'll be in charge until he dies so he might as well win something

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Forget what I said about Tabárez. I love him now

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

He was asked if having the Chilean public against Uruguay bothered him and he answered that if it were for the supporters of other countries we would be last in FIFA rankings but nevertheless we win something from time to time.

Telling Chileans journalists they never won poo poo will never stop being funny.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Chileans are yelling 'puto' on goal kicks, who said they would do something if that happened?

Also I thought Chileans had more chants other than "CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE"

e:

https://vine.co/v/eiHV9hKdPed

I said I would start supporting Bolivian sea access claims.

And now I do.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Seltzer posted:

He was on one game for two yellows, two were added for the headbutt, and he went into the tunnel and berated the ref as well (apparently it was even on camera). I don't know where the rumor of it dropping to one game came from

The rules of the tournament say that his yellow card is cleared by the red card. People assumed it didn't and talked about two games out (one because of the yellow and one for the red). CONMEBOL said that he would be suspended for one game until the discipline comitee could determine how many games he would really get. Today the comitee decided on four games (violent conduct and also the ref said Neymar insulted him).

And that's pretty much it

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Wait CONMEBOL say Neymar can appeal this decision so it'll probably be lowered. Bacca can't appeal his two match ban

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Cavani's father killed a 19 year old while driving drunk and was arrested and now Cavani wants to leave the tournament :thumbsup:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

When I saw that headline I assumed it was a different Firmino lol. I hope Liverpool owners are laundering drug money or something because if not they are the biggest idiots in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

next year's copa america is a mickey mouse cup for cash and everyone knows it

I read it probably won't happen because of the FIFA scandal.

• Locked thread