Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Colombia is cool and good and i'm rooting for them even though they lost to Venezuela somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh yeah the glorious competitive copa america that the players all definitely care about and aren't just going through the motions, hoping they can get back to a 1st world country without getting attacked by a stray dog.
are you implying that there are no stray dogs in Brazil South Africa or Russia?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This Copa owns so far. I hope Uruguay wins vs Paraguay because they're 100% ok with marijuana and even though i don't smoke it i like the idea of having a place i can go smoke it guilt free.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holland is in Europe you idiot :rolleyes:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

if it ends like this both teams are guaranteed to go to the next round

No it doesn't. Argentina just needs a draw to go through.

nvm forgot about the best third thing

Mans fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 20, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

they didn't embarrass themselves even if they lost all 3 games they only allowed 3 goals so not that bad

one of them was super bad though.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how is colombia so bad they have such a strong team

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerpetualSelf posted:

Because a team is 11 players not 9 or 8?

Only 3 of Colombia's current team start for their club. 4 today because Arias played instead of Zuniga.

You guys really don't know loving football. You can't analyze matches tactically at all. Colombia was all over Peru until Valencia got injured because we had a functional midfielder who can actually pass the Ball.

--------------------Ospina----------------
Arias---Zapata--Murillo--Armero
----------Sanchez--Valencia--------
Cuadrado-------------------James
----------------Falcao--Teo-----------

How the gently caress does the ball get to the wingers, much less the loving forwards if the two midfielders can't pass a ball forward? Mejia certainly loving can't. Pekerman knew he had problems with this position for over a loving YEAR and FLAT OUT REFUSED to try and find another player. Abel Aguilar injured right before the tournament and we have NO MIDFIELDERS meaning NO ONE TO PASS THE BALL FORWARD FROM THE DEFENSE. Which naturally means HOOFBALL AND PRAY.

And it was poo poo.

Learn loving a thing or two about loving tactics you manchild instead of posting in a forum like you think you understand the god drat sport. Having 11 good players (And they're not 11 good players because Falcao, Cuadrado, Valencia, Sanchez, Armero, Zapata and Murillo have all started a total of 3-4 matches each in the past 3 months. ) means jack loving all poo poo. Tactics is what win you a game. Knowing WHERE to play a player WHEN.

Pekerman hosed up. He played too many players only because they were good in the world cup and didn't give chances to new young talent who are actually starting for their teams like Jose Izquierdo, Felipe Pardo, Freddy Montero, Daniel Torres, Carlos Carbonero, Freddy Hinestroza, or Sebastian Perez.

Still this wasn't THAT BAD because last tournament we LOST during this match. Our defense looked good. Murillo is only 22 and getting good experience against some of the best strikers in the world. Unfortunately just like the World Cup our team is not in the best form right now for this tournament.

PerpetualSelf posted:

I like how serious tactical analysis and discussion of what could be done is called meltdowns on this forum. All it is is a big circlejerk of retards who know jack poo poo about football making stupid comments about "Failcow" and lovely banter.

What the gently caress are you 12?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

advanced statsman posted:

i wonder if there's any way to blame ronaldo for colombia's performance lol

if anything being near ronaldo made James become as good as he is right now.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hate it when teams go through not because they were good but because someone else was worse (hell, in Venezuela's case it's more unlucky than worse)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chile Uruguay will own

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

Brazil has some good defenders though, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luis and Marcelo are all really good, even David Luiz when they don't make him actually defend. And Diego Alves is a great GK too he's just unlucky and gets injured every time he has to play for Brazil.

The problem is the midfield and non-Neymar forwards.
Julio Cesar is legit good now too. He's still a fat old man but he's no longer depressed and suuuper fat. He actually has decent reflexes and confidence now!

Drogadon posted:

Diego Tardelli wearing Brazil's number 9 is offensive as hell

I think Brazil's managment also spent a lot of time on Al-Gharrafa too if you know what i mean.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drogadon posted:

Rogerio Ceni is a better option than Jefferson. Not necessarily a better keeper, but certainly would be more fun and Brazil should be fun to watch.

Jô has played more matches than Ceni for Brazil.

That's revolting as hell.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

saviro posted:

the worst are venezuelans, they think they are italian, and they are all barza fags

A ton of Brazillians have that US thing where they go look for any kind of non-Portuguese European ancestry in a desperate attempt for people not to confuse them with the rest of their mixed Portuguese, Native and African people.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerpetualSelf posted:

You know if I were a player I'd report it as sexual assault (which it is) and try to raise a global stink about it. Call out FIFA by name (which will only work to your advantage) come out crying and poo poo saying it was basically rape.

I can not see that not working in the current climate. Sure CONMEBOL may ignore you, south american news may rip you to shreds, but globally you're gonna win.
football, specially latin american football, isn't really a LGBT friendly sport so if you did come out like that you'd be justified but you'd be immediatly ostracized by fans, players, coaches teams and your career would end. if you turned and elbowed that hosed right in the face you would've come off much better (and he should've IMO).

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drogadon posted:

I definitely agree he should be banned and fined, specially because he's a repeat offender.

bit harsh on perpetualself mate.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a good game, i was expecting a terrible 1-0 game

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
era penal! era penal!!!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
both of these teams have terrible defending

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
penal!!!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at Bolivians being butthurt with the heel pass

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Polidoro posted:

Lol I forgot Gago was in the National Team, he's so poo poo

how the gently caress is he only 29 years old i thought he was retarded by now

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at two subs just for the PKs and those two being utter failures

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reformed bad troll posted:

When will football players learn that, unless you are Pirlo, when taking a penalty just loving leather it. All this changing side or stoping on the run up results in a miss 95% of the time
because 1)everyone thinks they're as good as Pirlo and 2)poo poo like Roque Santa Cruz happens where you give the ball to someone in the parking lot.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Hater's gonna hate.

We are awesome. We are good. We make gold out of wood.
coca isn't made out of trees but if it did Colombia would be the first to find out how.

El Hefe posted:

reminder that Portugal had to hire a Brazilian because all the Portuguese managers were real bad

remidner that all the cool and good coaches of the world in 2015 are Portuguese

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

The US and UK have been loving us in the rear end since way back in the 1800s, they just took over from Spain and Portugal though.

where would your continent be without our catholic values and african tourism that boomed your economies for centuries?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will this go straight to penals again?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty sure that was a penalty

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BWV posted:

Berlin was 38 today

how the gently caress is it hotter in Berlin than in Lisbon ffs give me that fuckign heat

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
messi made an incredible move and was just about to single-handendly give Argentina the trophy, jesus.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Higuain's just loving lost

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diaz :eyepop:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mackintosh posted:

Those on Barca and Madrid tech are quite fine and fresh

as soon as you post that mascerano falls dead on the floor lmao

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo sanchez, holy poo poo poo poo zabaleta

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegetable posted:

Alexis was never gonna score it tbh

zabaleta was stellar there

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerpetualSelf posted:

IDK Colombia does em quite often

yeah and look where it took them

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't think the refs give a poo poo

this copa has had terrible refs all around i think

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
case in point how the hell wasn't that a faul against sanchez lmao

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No penalties. Put them on extra time until they learn how to score.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BWV posted:

guys i secretly love PKs. i like being tense and scared. dont tell but i hope it goes there

i really love penals when there's no portugal or benfica too, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
higuain lmao

• Locked thread