Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Monday Bandele posted:

Surely if you were the United States FA you'd be desperate to be involved in the Copa America, since outside the World Cup their schedule is a barren wasteland. I mean people even went apeshit over the Confederations Cup that one time.

The Gold Cup is next month which is more important. The u-20 WC is ongoing. There's no reason to do what Mexico is doing (send a terrible squad to Brazil to get embarassed and save their "good" squad for the gold cup.)

That being said go Colombia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

I don't know who told you people that the Gold Cup is more important than the CA. The Gold Cup is a joke, with no history (founded in 1991, cool) and that has the US and Mexico as it's best teams.

I bet they're sending the better MX team to the GC because the fans don't have to travel too far to watch the team play, and there is clearly more interest in team A than team B.

The Gold Cup is more important to the USA was my point. That should've been incredibly easy to ascertain based on the context of my post but I guess you're a big dumb idiot who wants to grandstand about history and prestige and all that garbage. I hope you get hit with an errant piss bag.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 9, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

why are you so salty about your poo poo gold cup??

Because you're an idiot who can't read posts/ comprehend how teams would want to win their own fed's cup.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Cavani asked about upcoming opponent in Copa America, Jamaica: "As any other African team, they're strong."

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ray Hudson is English and terrible. Worse than Taylor Twellman. I always enjoy when new people discover Hudson.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why is hudson chatting on about king Arthur. Is he going senile

Seltzer posted:

"the pint of beer dropped into the shotglass at the other end of the bar from the wonderful macherano" - a thing Ray Hudson just said on Bein Sport

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

meat CRime posted:

This match got really good

Turned it on about 10 minutes ago. Did Argentina decide to stop defending right then?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Chile's backline is 5'10 5'10 5'9 and 5'7....

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ka0 posted:

This is a fun game but chile is still bad if they struggle against the mexican garbagemen.

I was just about to type "they could win 4-2 and this would still be embarrassing" before that 3rd goal. Lol awful awful defense

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

He's only doing 1 night jail for that? Ridiculous.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bacca red carded after the match. A couple of other cards doled out it looks like. Bunch of idiots.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Neymar headbutted Murillo I think then Baccas shoved Neymar's back.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Can someone explain the Neymar ban?

It was two games, then dropped to 1 and now it's up to 4?

He was on one game for two yellows, two were added for the headbutt, and he went into the tunnel and berated the ref as well (apparently it was even on camera). I don't know where the rumor of it dropping to one game came from

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I don't understand how people don't understand prioritizing winning your own tournament over another one you get invited to on a whim. It's pretty loving simple.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 20, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Well one is a poo poo tournament with no competitive teams involved and the other is the oldest international football competition on the planet sooooo

One is their own fed's tournament one isn't. Mexico isn't guaranteed a permanent Copa America spot so there's literally no point in trying anyways. Mexico wants to win the "poo poo tournament" because what does it say about them if they don't/they actually have rivalries with the teams involved.

joepinetree posted:

Maybe if teams participated in actual competitive competittions instead of beating on island nations for 4 years mexico and the us would do better internationally. See also, australia.

The USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica did better than Italy Portugal England and Spain in the last tournament that mattered. Should Australia be begging to join the Copa? Should they just expand it until it eventually becomes an offbrand WC?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 20, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

la chancla

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Colombia vs Argentina will be a intense game with two teams that are really bad at scoring but have solid defenses.

Colombia always plays top notch football against Argentina. They really hate them.

Could I get some tactical analysis for these games?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Colombia is playing very interesting tactics...

Tell us the tactics

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress this cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOPskXsZqk

• Locked thread