Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Slow Motion posted:

Cluster B personality disorder. Until you've lived though a relationship like r00tn00b's it's hard to believe it could be real.

I had to look this up and I have to say that it's not really accurate and the only one that comes close is "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" this hits it right on the head. She fits that to a loving T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

r00tn00b posted:

I had to look this up and I have to say that it's not really accurate and the only one that comes close is "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" this hits it right on the head. She fits that to a loving T.

NPD is a cluster B personality disorder.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
gently caress man have a hug :glomp:

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

r00tn00b posted:

Cluster B encompasses NPD, ASPD, and HPD.

What you saying, in effect, is that you don't see anything that fits, but you see something that fits perfectly.

"Slow Motion" nailed it. Until you've experienced, intimately, someone with a cluster B, you can't imagine it.

This, of course, assumes you are not a sociopath.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Yeah it's hell on earth.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Cluster B encompasses NPD, ASPD, and HPD.

What you saying, in effect, is that you don't see anything that fits, but you see something that fits perfectly.

"Slow Motion" nailed it. Until you've experienced, intimately, someone with a cluster B, you can't imagine it.

This, of course, assumes you are not a sociopath.

Okay I'm not a doctor. But yes that is her. She is NPD

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I used to be in a relationship with someone with borderline personality disorder and while it never reached the heights of this thread, some of this reading has been pretty familiar. Glad to read that things are turning around for you and your kids OP.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I was rereading this thread because I wanted to see where I was when this started and this caught my eye, he might be a weirdo who is now banned for some reason or another but holy poo poo this is almost what happened IRL

a creepy colon posted:

Dont bother with the lawyer OP, just keep visiting every other weekend until she gets tired of her kids and moves to texas, abandoning them with you.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Don't gently caress the nanny.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

dogcrash truther posted:

Don't gently caress the nanny.

Yeah no worries there. Not going to happen.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

r00tn00b posted:

Yeah no worries there. Not going to happen.

Good cuz it's amazing the proportion of recently divorced/separated dads I know who made that mistake

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

dogcrash truther posted:

Good cuz it's amazing the proportion of recently divorced/separated dads I know who made that mistake
Actually just statistical error. LLJKSilk who lives in fuckshit Alabama and fucks over 10,000 of his kids' babysitters each year is an outlier and should not have been counted

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
So this is mostly over, I just got out of a meeting with my lawyer and we are literally in the home stretch. by this time next Tuesday I should have custody of the kids. Once that is done my wife loses any leverage she had on me and I will try to get her to settle the divorce out of court in dec without going to court. My lawyer is super confident that this will all be over before the new year and well in my favor. Next update milestone, Nov 17th with hopefully a small victory getting custody!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Thanks for keeping us posted. It's nice to get updates on long-term stories like this.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:toot: Congrats, it's been a helluva ride and your perseverance has been inspiring.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Fantastic news, best of luck!

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.
That's great, sounds like you and the kids can settle into your new life soon!

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Just dropped off the paperwork at the lawyers for the custody hearing next week. I am stressed more than ever right now so nervous she is going to show up this weekend and take my kids. 5 days.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

Just dropped off the paperwork at the lawyers for the custody hearing next week. I am stressed more than ever right now so nervous she is going to show up this weekend and take my kids. 5 days.

Did they serve papers directly?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Did they serve papers directly?

Papers wont be served till tomorrow, and will be served to her lawyer, this is the last small stretch here. by 1:30pm PDT I should be able to say that I have legal custody of my kids. I am nervous/excited and cant loving sleep right now i'm wired.

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

r00tn00b posted:

Papers wont be served till tomorrow, and will be served to her lawyer, this is the last small stretch here. by 1:30pm PDT I should be able to say that I have legal custody of my kids. I am nervous/excited and cant loving sleep right now i'm wired.

Hope you're doing okay. Good luck today!

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
Congrats man. Seems like you've come a long way.

I just read through your thread. Happy endings are a rarity here. It's nice to see them when they pop up.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Paperwork was singed by the judge and delivered to her lawyer today. who promptly sent it to her with a notice that he is withdrawing from being her lawyer, once the judge approves it.
according to my lawyer, they do that kind of thing when the client is, and this is a quote, a "total gently caress up"

So she has been served with two great pieces of information today, and that is good news for me, as she no longer qualifies for the state assisted lawyer from Oregon as she doesn't live here, and can't afford an actual lawyer.

this might actually work out all in my favor and OMG this is great.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

r00tn00b posted:

Paperwork was singed by the judge and delivered to her lawyer today. who promptly sent it to her with a notice that he is withdrawing from being her lawyer, once the judge approves it.
according to my lawyer, they do that kind of thing when the client is, and this is a quote, a "total gently caress up"

So she has been served with two great pieces of information today, and that is good news for me, as she no longer qualifies for the state assisted lawyer from Oregon as she doesn't live here, and can't afford an actual lawyer.

this might actually work out all in my favor and OMG this is great.

EEEEE! I was thinking of you today, hoping for this update! :neckbeard:

Congratulations!

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Great news and good job! Maybe it will be a nice thanksgiving after all :unsmith:

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I am really happy that this seems to be working out for you.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished reading the thread. OP you are a great father and kept yourself together and handled the situation wonderfully. I'm so glad things are coming out in your favor, it's horrifying to think what would've happened if she got custody of those kids. Thank you for being so open about everything, even just what you were thinking during those first weeks. I have no doubt that there will be people who are going through something similar and reading this thread helps them immensely.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Great news and good job! Maybe it will be a nice thanksgiving after all :unsmith:

Thank you, I can only hope!

something clever posted:

I am really happy that this seems to be working out for you.

thanks!

Bastard Man posted:

Just finished reading the thread. OP you are a great father and kept yourself together and handled the situation wonderfully. I'm so glad things are coming out in your favor, it's horrifying to think what would've happened if she got custody of those kids. Thank you for being so open about everything, even just what you were thinking during those first weeks. I have no doubt that there will be people who are going through something similar and reading this thread helps them immensely.

If this helps anyone to get through a rough time, I would be so happy.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

OP at first I thought you were a tool for failing to respond to your crumbling marriage and putting your kids in a lovely spot but you really pulled it out and did the right stuff, responded well to the absolute worst case scenario and now I think you are cool and good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ciprian Maricon posted:

OP at first I thought you were a tool for failing to respond to your crumbling marriage and putting your kids in a lovely spot but you really pulled it out and did the right stuff, responded well to the absolute worst case scenario and now I think you are cool and good.

I'm pretty much just emptyquoting this.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Error 404 posted:

I'm pretty much just emptyquoting this.

thanks I think? Sorry I was such a mess, 8 years of my life had just kinda gone away. I'm better now, even moved on with my dating life.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

r00tn00b posted:

thanks I think? Sorry I was such a mess, 8 years of my life had just kinda gone away. I'm better now, even moved on with my dating life.

Well, you were being a tool at first, but you were also under a lot of distress. The important part is you pulled together and handled poo poo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Error 404 posted:

Well, you were being a tool at first, but you were also under a lot of distress. The important part is you pulled together and handled poo poo.

There was also a lot of weird and goony "how dare your emotions not line up with logic" posting as well. Like, he'd post about how he missed her but knew things were for the best, and people jumped on him for it.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
New update, Holiday/Birthday edition!

It was our Youngest son's birthday last week, she did not attempt to contact him by any means to wish him a happy birthday. One of my friends who is in loving Afghanistan found time to call him and sing him happy birthday but she can't be bothered to wish her own son a happy birthday.

It was also my birthday and I would like to say things for me have not been better. A friend of mine threw me a surprise party(the friend in Afghanistan), bought me and 11 of my friends tickets to a minor league hockey game and got me a sweet custom cake. She is about the best thing to come out of this whole ordeal. So I am feeling pretty good.

We are basically just counting the days down until the court date comes and everything is final, so just over 2 months.

I think its time to close this thread, this is a success story as far as I am concerned and there isn't much more to update, the divorce is a formality at this point and a given, and I know I will get what I want out of it. So if Detectivemonkey says it's okay, I would like to close it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

New update, Holiday/Birthday edition!

It was our Youngest son's birthday last week, she did not attempt to contact him by any means to wish him a happy birthday. One of my friends who is in loving Afghanistan found time to call him and sing him happy birthday but she can't be bothered to wish her own son a happy birthday.

It was also my birthday and I would like to say things for me have not been better. A friend of mine threw me a surprise party(the friend in Afghanistan), bought me and 11 of my friends tickets to a minor league hockey game and got me a sweet custom cake. She is about the best thing to come out of this whole ordeal. So I am feeling pretty good.

We are basically just counting the days down until the court date comes and everything is final, so just over 2 months.

I think its time to close this thread, this is a success story as far as I am concerned and there isn't much more to update, the divorce is a formality at this point and a given, and I know I will get what I want out of it. So if Detectivemonkey says it's okay, I would like to close it.

Congratulations!

I hope the new year treats you well and you have many happy days in the future, you've certainly earned them :)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Congrats! Give your kids a hug and make their Christmas (or Hanukkah or festivus) really awesome!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
It's ok, this was a good success!

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Literally on the last day should could have possibly loving done anything she loving hired a new lawyer, and filed to get the court date moved and is fighting me again, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

We challenged it and are waiting to hear back from the judge, the hearing was supposed to be this Thursday! Why does she feel like making us all suffer more than we already have.

Just gently caress

I needed to rant somewhere. and i didn't feel like opening a new thread for this, gently caress

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

r00tn00b posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Literally on the last day should could have possibly loving done anything she loving hired a new lawyer, and filed to get the court date moved and is fighting me again, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

We challenged it and are waiting to hear back from the judge, the hearing was supposed to be this Thursday! Why does she feel like making us all suffer more than we already have.

Just gently caress

I needed to rant somewhere. and i didn't feel like opening a new thread for this, gently caress

That's horrible, but you know the answer: mental illness + is a generally horrible person. You'll come out on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Where is she getting the money for this?

• Locked thread