Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

tsa posted:

On the other hand the OP is a huge moron and makes astonishingly bad choices.

It's pretty much just this.
Op is dumb
Goons gave good advice
Op is still dumb
Goons now make fun of Op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The no contact order is likely a temporary order of protection until a court hearing, and the op hasn't made that distinction. It doesn't require anything except someone filing for an order for protection. They're generally issued as a stopgap because of how our cost system has pesky things like "needing to be served" and "due process" and the like.

Op when is the court date?

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Proud Rat Mom posted:

All men in solidarity against the female menace I salute you brother.

Im more astonished at the amount of "man up" rhetoric from self described "enlightened" posters. The man asked for advice after getting burned for making a well meaning but horrendously misguided decision to trust the woman he loved. The amount of personal belittlement is baffiling.

tsa posted:

This thread would have gone way differently if the genders were switched in the OP, for some reason goons go full JUSTWORLD when the op is a man. On the other hand the OP is a huge moron and makes astonishingly bad choices.

Thank god Im not the only one

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
She hosed another guy out of state, said so, then went out of state again. Called the cops and took his children while he was penniless. I think you misrepresent the story. And there was a butcher blade. And a begging for in laws to support him. And

That was some fine drat pussy.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

r00tn00b posted:

Hey, been a while since I posted here.

honestly I think it's time SA instituted a policy where upon you posting a third thread in E/N it just autobans you and directs you to mental health resources

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Fool and the World posted:

Im more astonished at the amount of "man up" rhetoric from self described "enlightened" posters. The man asked for advice after getting burned for making a well meaning but horrendously misguided decision to trust the woman he loved. The amount of personal belittlement is baffiling.
Don't take posts seriously on a comedy forum. A number of those people are making GBS threads on the OP because it's fun.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
Theres a difference between

"Lol cucked"

And

"Are you sure you didn't hit your wife?" X 30

Dont be disingenuous

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Don't blow things out of proportion. There were only a few people saying the latter.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
OP you should prooooobably re-read this thread and figure out if you're responding how you normally would. Your responses seem kinda automatic, without much thought put into them. Are you on medication that makes you fuzzy-headed? Or on 'medication' you bought from a guy or an eBay seller? Drinking? I suppose it could just be shock, but honestly some part of you shouldn't be shocked, after she flew from OH to TX to gently caress a guy. I don't know what terms you use in your head but you know she's capable of been impulsive, or selfish, or whatever's going on.

As an example. When mentioning the 'why would you threaten me with a knife' thing, most people would add "I had the knife in my pocket because I'd been breaking down boxes and getting rid of poo poo, I forgot about it. She saw the clip and asked me what it was. I told her, and then I told her I was putting it in my glove box."

Instead people had to pry that poo poo from you.

The fact that she took that as threatening her with a knife (which it isn't, even if you pulled it out of your pocket and showed it to her) shows she's in a unstable state of mind. Unless you actually waved it at her while it was open or something. If you did that, you did threaten her with a knife.

If she's unstable, it doesn't matter what you want for her and you romantically. Your kids shouldn't be minded by an unstable person, and she herself probably needs help. Which is going to be a hell of a lot harder for you to help her get because of the no-contact order. If there's a court date, loving go. She might not have told you about the court date. I'm pretty sure you can call someone, although I personally don't know who, and find out if you have any court appearances scheduled for any version of your name, and when they are. You might have to go to a building and show someone your ID so they know they're telling you, I don't know. I have no idea if they give a poo poo about privacy.

Actually, a lawyer can do that for you. Do you have one yet? If you don't, get one. If you do, tell them that you're worried the no-contact is the temp kind designed to protect people until a longer-term one can be ruled on by a judge, and that she's purposefully not telling you so you can't show up. If you have paperwork, study that poo poo. There might be a court date on the back that your dazed rear end hasn't looked at.

She was okayish for a while after she flew to TX and rode some dude's dick because that was some kind of weird coping mechanism. Now the positive effects on her brainspace are long gone. She is not herself, unless you're leaving massive things out. Which is possible, because you seem out of it. But, assuming you haven't left anything massive out, she's not herself, she's viewing everything you do in a negative light, and trying to 'work things out' with her is going to lead to a massive loving disaster.

ANYWAY This is 100% true:

Thanatosian posted:

None of the details or bullshit people are asking about really matter. Even if your story is completely one-sided, 90% made-up, if your wife took your kids and left you homeless, you need to get a lawyer. Period. Full-stop.

Stop messing around and start talking to lawyers now. And make sure you tell them the truth.

But goons can help if you want the help, if you're willing to be halfway logical and work with us. If you don't, well, everybody pees.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Okay I was having trouble finding a post to verify a comment you made, OP, and I took a gander at your post history. I was honestly expecting TCC posts. I don't know if anime posts are better or worse tbh.

Anyway, you said this.

r00tn00b posted:

How would that make sense, if I had done those things, I would be in JAIL. It's not like cops weren't involved.

You also said the neighbors never called the cops. So who did? You or her? It doesn't really matter if one of you called them instead of the neighbors, if they were called for what's legally a domestic dispute, that's kind of important information, here.

What happen when the cops were called? Were they called more than once? If so, detail each incident separately, unless it's "We argued and then the same thing happened" x30.

You need a loving lawyer, man. Why do you believe her when she says the kids will live with you? Why do you believe anything she says?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Read the drat thread. The cops were involved because they were at her parents' house when he showed up on Sunday.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

OP is actually the wife. It would explain everything.

Prove you aren't your wife, OP.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

OP you should prooooobably re-read this thread and figure out if you're responding how you normally would. Your responses seem kinda automatic, without much thought put into them. Are you on medication that makes you fuzzy-headed? Or on 'medication' you bought from a guy or an eBay seller? Drinking? I suppose it could just be shock, but honestly some part of you shouldn't be shocked, after she flew from OH to TX to gently caress a guy. I don't know what terms you use in your head but you know she's capable of been impulsive, or selfish, or whatever's going on.

As an example. When mentioning the 'why would you threaten me with a knife' thing, most people would add "I had the knife in my pocket because I'd been breaking down boxes and getting rid of poo poo, I forgot about it. She saw the clip and asked me what it was. I told her, and then I told her I was putting it in my glove box."

Instead people had to pry that poo poo from you.

The fact that she took that as threatening her with a knife (which it isn't, even if you pulled it out of your pocket and showed it to her) shows she's in a unstable state of mind. Unless you actually waved it at her while it was open or something. If you did that, you did threaten her with a knife.

If she's unstable, it doesn't matter what you want for her and you romantically. Your kids shouldn't be minded by an unstable person, and she herself probably needs help. Which is going to be a hell of a lot harder for you to help her get because of the no-contact order. If there's a court date, loving go. She might not have told you about the court date. I'm pretty sure you can call someone, although I personally don't know who, and find out if you have any court appearances scheduled for any version of your name, and when they are. You might have to go to a building and show someone your ID so they know they're telling you, I don't know. I have no idea if they give a poo poo about privacy.

Actually, a lawyer can do that for you. Do you have one yet? If you don't, get one. If you do, tell them that you're worried the no-contact is the temp kind designed to protect people until a longer-term one can be ruled on by a judge, and that she's purposefully not telling you so you can't show up. If you have paperwork, study that poo poo. There might be a court date on the back that your dazed rear end hasn't looked at.

She was okayish for a while after she flew to TX and rode some dude's dick because that was some kind of weird coping mechanism. Now the positive effects on her brainspace are long gone. She is not herself, unless you're leaving massive things out. Which is possible, because you seem out of it. But, assuming you haven't left anything massive out, she's not herself, she's viewing everything you do in a negative light, and trying to 'work things out' with her is going to lead to a massive loving disaster.

ANYWAY This is 100% true:

But goons can help if you want the help, if you're willing to be halfway logical and work with us. If you don't, well, everybody pees.

I think it's been shock? I don't know I'm not medicated or drinking or doing any sort of drugs. I'm not sleeping well. That's one thing.

There is no paper work for me to look at it was a verbal order from an officer. I would have to look into the court date thing that worries me.

I would like to point out that even though I have said that I want things to work out with me and her. And I do. I have not attempted to do anything since Sunday. I'm taking ask the advice here and digesting it. I'm not going to just ignore it because it's not what I want to hear. I came here for help not to be told everything is going to be okay.

There was no waving an open knife around there was no waving a closed knife around.
I didn't threaten her in any way.

I dint know why I believe her but I do. She said she didn't gently caress the guy. Then until proven otherwise she didn't. Maybe I'm to trusting but that's how I am.

I don't think the kids are in any danger with her. They talk to me everyday and they are safe and having fun.

Now for new updates about me:
I'm not homeless I moved into an appt today.
I have not found a lawyer but I have the number to a sort of support center for these kinds of things. I will be contacting then tomorrow. They offer free services.
My new job is great and things on my own personal front are looking better. I just wish I could share these things with my kids.

I'm sorry I couldn't get to everyone I've had a long day. I'll try to get more in tomorrow when I can type in a computer and not my phone.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Well here's the threads from the 2 other goons with similar situations, now to complete both E/N themes for this year you have to fall in love with an 18 year old (but only if you're in your 30's).
It's good to keep on trend.

NecessaryEvil
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685778&perpage=40

FunWithWombats
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590946&perpage=40

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I'm still really confused.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miranda posted:

I'm still really confused.

Basically the OPs wife has been with another man for some time but the OP is delusional and refuses to acknowledge it despite the fact his wife has told him she's loving other dudes and doesn't want anything to do with him.

The wife then fled to Portland where her family is located, for support. The OP then followed her out there and ambushed her at her parents house. Somewhere along the way he also threatened her with a box cutter.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
My situation last year had some similarities to this (although no kids, thank god.) just lawyer up and divorce this maniac. Sorry this happened but your life will be so much better without her.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Also, get counselling.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Check the portland news for the next few days. Im guessing there will be a story of a deranged man cutting up his wife with a box cutter.

kicktd
Jul 6, 2007

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.
I don't know how Oregon's court system goes but chances are if she mentions that she "feels threatened" or is "scared" of you, she'll get her protection order in the court system. So like everyone else is saying talk to a lawyer!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Liquid Communism posted:

Read the drat thread. The cops were involved because they were at her parents' house when he showed up on Sunday.

I did, I thought he meant they were called to the arguments they'd had previously. My bad, OP.

OP you seem to be less.. dazed, which is good, but you still need a lawyer. Get one.

Also, when I mention the kids, I'm not concerned she's smacking them around, since she's with family that presumably wouldn't allow it. If the father of my kid started acting irrationally or seemed mentally unstable, I'd be worried about him sharing his crazy fantasies (like the one your wife has about you threatening her with a knife) with my kid. Stressed parents often say too much of adult matters to their children when they're not mentally or emotionally unstable, seems more likely if she's had this sudden personality change.

Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
goodthread

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What does he need a lawyer for exactly? His life is already ruined. Just go back to Ohio with your tail between your legs and beg for your old job back while you try and pick up the pieces.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dont' see why OP needs a lawyer seeing how he's gonna work it out with her and everything is going to be alright :downs:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volume posted:

I dont' see why OP needs a lawyer seeing how he's gonna work it out with her and everything is going to be alright :downs:

Upon rereading the thread I'd actually agree. This just seems like a "phase" and once she starts therapy she will see how wrong she has treated this man. Just hang in there OP, she will come around!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like she is prolly just PMSing OP, it'll be fine :downs:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So this no contact order thing has been in the back of my head for a day. Something just doesn't add up. A policeman can't issue the order, not according to the official Oregon Judicial Courts page:

quote:

No Contact Orders:

A “no contact order” is an order in a criminal case that tells the defendant not to contact the victim. A judge can order no contact anytime during a criminal case or a no contact order may be required if the defendant is released from jail before trial and sentencing. A no contact order can also be a probation requirement. If the defendant violates the no contact order, he or she may be re-arrested and jailed. A no contact order is different from a “restraining order” like a Family Abuse Prevention Act order or stalking protective order. If you have questions about no contact orders you can call the Victim Assistance Program in your county.

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/OSCA/cpsd/courtimprovement/familylaw/pages/domesticviolence.aspx

What charges were filed? When is/was your court date?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

So this no contact order thing has been in the back of my head for a day. Something just doesn't add up. A policeman can't issue the order, not according to the official Oregon Judicial Courts page:

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/OSCA/cpsd/courtimprovement/familylaw/pages/domesticviolence.aspx

What charges were filed? When is/was your court date?

There was no charge filed and no court date that I am aware of.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can tell us what really happened. It's safe here. I get pretty rough with my wife when I'm drunk and she gets on my nerves too. I bet you just lost your temper right? What was she hospitalized for exactly? Did you break any bones??

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

There was no charge filed and no court date that I am aware of.

Did they give you any paperwork with the order to stay away? If not, then there really isn't any protective order, I think.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

CravingSolace posted:

Did they give you any paperwork with the order to stay away? If not, then there really isn't any protective order, I think.

No I got no paper work or written order.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Ignore all advice in this thread other than the get a lawyer advice and then do what the lawyer says.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ThePeavstenator posted:

Ignore all advice in this thread other than the get a lawyer advice and then do what the lawyer says.

I'm a lawyer.

r00tn00b posted:

No I got no paper work or written order.

You got no no contact order

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Also divorce your wife. That's good advice too.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Also divorce your wife. That's good advice too.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
Ok, recap here again: So up until the Sunday phone call you all had been looking for apartments together and planning on moving in together. Before that she had been acting a bit weird, such as suggesting you stay in a hotel and expressing concern over the boxcutter. You ask to borrow money from mom, leading to an argument. You go by her house to find the police who tell you not to contact your wife. Nothing since then? It's been 3 days.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

Ok, recap here again: So up until the Sunday phone call you all had been looking for apartments together and planning on moving in together. Before that she had been acting a bit weird, such as suggesting you stay in a hotel and expressing concern over the boxcutter. You ask to borrow money from mom, leading to an argument. You go by her house to find the police who tell you not to contact your wife. Nothing since then? It's been 3 days.

I have spoken to my children, but only about their days and how they are doing. She has refused to answer my requests to see my children outright which the cops said she cannot do.
other than that nothing.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
What exactly did the police say to you?

Exactly means to try to actually say what they said, not to give a rough estimate.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GunChicka posted:

He's gotten a job, so that will help with the $800 child support payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Obdicut posted:

What exactly did the police say to you?

Exactly means to try to actually say what they said, not to give a rough estimate.

The home owners and your wife has requested a no-contact order be placed, you are not to contact them via phone or text until they say otherwise.

• Locked thread