Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

r00tn00b posted:

The home owners and your wife has requested a no-contact order be placed, you are not to contact them via phone or text until they say otherwise.

Okay. Are you going to get a lawyer? Because that, with no paperwork, is really, really weird, if there was no underlying crime you were arrested for.

Are you going to get a lawyer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Obdicut posted:

Okay. Are you going to get a lawyer? Because that, with no paperwork, is really, really weird, if there was no underlying crime you were arrested for.

Are you going to get a lawyer?

I already said yes earlier in the thread.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

r00tn00b posted:

I already said yes earlier in the thread.

Okay. Then you really should shut up and just talk to your lawyer and not say anything about this to anyone else, online or in person.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

She has refused to answer my requests to see my children outright which the cops said she cannot do.

So then your next response was....?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunChicka posted:

Uhh heh, well I'd uh, really like to see my kids again... That'd be great if ... Uh you could manage it, ya know, if you got the time or whatever . I totally understand though if you want to get me arrested instead.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
I meant to the cop who told him his wife can't deny him access to his kids.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GunChicka posted:

BITCH I CUT YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The op mustve done something really horrible to be so vague and obtuse with details. There is zero chance that the mother of his children would just SUDDENLY go insane and steal his kids. It's also telling that the family hates him.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

The op mustve done something really horrible to be so vague and obtuse with details. There is zero chance that the mother of his children would just SUDDENLY go insane and steal his kids. It's also telling that the family hates him.

The family doesn't know me, they have only what my wife has told them. They have only met me once.

She has been dealing with depression for over a year and would not let me help her, or seek out help on her own until recently. This isn't sudden, its just the largest freak out she has had.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

The family doesn't know me, they have only what my wife has told them. They have only met me once.

She has been dealing with depression for over a year and would not let me help her, or seek out help on her own until recently. This isn't sudden, its just the largest freak out she has had.

god I wish I could edit

She has also been cut off from them for longer than I have known her, she only recently started talking to them again.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

Her parents have never met the man their daughter married and father of their grandchildren?

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
How old were both of you when you were married?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

How old were both of you when you were married?

18 and 21

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

:airquote:freakout:airquote: Yeah, that's what this is.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

18 and 21

HAHA well there we go.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

18 and 21

How old were your kids?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

How old were your kids?

we dint have kids then.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
Why aren't you shutting up and just talking to a lawyer? What do you hope to gain here?

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

we dint have kids then.

What led to your wife getting back in touch with her family, then deciding to move home?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Obdicut posted:

Why aren't you shutting up and just talking to a lawyer? What do you hope to gain here?

Stop trying to kill the best thread on these forums.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obdicut posted:

Hey man, your not his dad. Or is this a no contact order.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

What led to your wife getting back in touch with her family, then deciding to move home?

She wanted to see her half sisters who she hadn't talked to in over 12 years. She got in touch on FB and then we talked about moving closer. Good jobs for me, and Family, more than we had in Ohio.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Darth123123 posted:

Hey man, your not his dad. Or is this a no contact order.

What if I am his dad.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

GunChicka posted:

So what exactly are you trying to establish with these additional details??? Anything? Cause I'm pretty sure he went over the whole moving to Oregon thing for a fresh start earlier.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Obdicut posted:

What if I am his dad.

You did a bad job.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Wizard of Smart posted:

You did a bad job.

This made me laugh. thank you Wizard of Smart

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

She wanted to see her half sisters who she hadn't talked to in over 12 years. She got in touch on FB and then we talked about moving closer. Good jobs for me, and Family, more than we had in Ohio.

When was the other time you met her parents and did you get a sense of their opinion on you? It seems like you are the guy who ran off with their daughter, from their perspective perhaps.

Rakthar posted:

So what exactly are you trying to establish with these additional details??? Anything? Cause I'm pretty sure he went over the whole moving to Oregon thing for a fresh start earlier.

Deep emotional truths. Why are you so put off by probing in the advice forum? Do you still talk to your mother?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

GunChicka posted:

Deep emotional truths. Why are you so put off by probing in the advice forum? Do you still talk to your mother?

You've asked this guy easily a dozen questions, I'm real curious where you're trying to go with this. Do you have a point at all? Are you trying to figure anything out?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

When was the other time you met her parents and did you get a sense of their opinion on you? It seems like you are the guy who ran off with their daughter, from their perspective perhaps.

The only time I ever met her mother was when our first child was born, she was here for a day, her mother is not who she wants to see though, they don't have any real relationship she gave up parental rights to my wife when she was 2. Voluntarily to get out of child support payments to her father. longer story.

Her father and I were on good terms, He though I was a good influence on his daughter. But he is no longer with us.

I had never met her step-father until Saturday.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rakthar posted:

You've asked this guy easily a dozen questions, I'm real curious where you're trying to go with this. Do you have a point at all? Are you trying to figure anything out?

Tbf he's been very elusive on many points. And that's not True to the E in E/n.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Wizard of Smart posted:

You did a bad job.

I admit that when I think about him, I say to myself that son, I am disappointed in you.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Tbf he's been very elusive on many points. And that's not True to the E in E/n.

I'm not trying to be elusive, I have been under a lot of stress and now that I have a stable job and place to live, I will try to be more thoughtful in my responses.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Rakthar posted:

The dude told a super vague story missing some pretty important details and was asking for some pretty consequential advice. Also now I'm just really curious about the whole thing and I already binged through Bloodlines so need more family drama. My own family is split-up, but amicable and boring.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

r00tn00b posted:

18 and 21

Haha well maybe someday you will be able to make a decision for yourself that's not completely asinine

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

GunChicka posted:

The dude told a super vague story missing some pretty important details and was asking for some pretty consequential advice. Also now I'm just really curious about the whole thing and I already binged through Bloodlines so need more family drama.

There's a real difference between trying to understand the situation and this sort of cross examining stuff you're doing where the implicit thing is "I'm going to catch you in a contradiction." You've been calling bullshit on this guy for a some time and he has been providing consistent answers that are more or less in line with what he said originally.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Rakthar posted:

There's a real difference between trying to understand the situation and this sort of cross examining stuff you're doing where the implicit thing is "I'm going to catch you in a contradiction." You've been calling bullshit on this guy for a some time and he has been providing consistent answers that are more or less in line with what he said originally.

I don't think the dude is bullshitting and if anything he's clarified the actual circumstances much much better since answering questions.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

OP, according to your story:

- The two of you got married very young.
- You have only met (some?) of her family, one time.
- Your wife has been kind of estranged from her family for a number of years.
- You yourself don't have much in the way of a social support structure in Portland.

Is all that correct? Because if your wife planned this out, that's just a notch or two below a certain Matt Damon movie.

I don't know if I can offer any good advice beyond what's been given, except to take care of yourself. Beyond the "eat/sleep/grooming" stuff, maybe consider joining a club or something so you can have a "normal" thing to do where you aren't consumed with this thing. Reach out to trusted family/friends.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

r00tn00b posted:

18 and 21

Seriously can't imagine what it's like to be married at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, around 25 I can maaaaybe imagine it.

Part of this is because I was agressive with my 'selfish rear end in a top hat new adult' phase but a larger part is because everyone is stupid at this age, compared to themselves just a few years later. 21 thinks 18 was stupid, 24 thinks 21 was stupid, etc.

Did you guys just take that poo poo out on each other?

How old are you now? How old are the kids?

r00tn00b posted:

The only time I ever met her mother was when our first child was born, she was here for a day, her mother is not who she wants to see though, they don't have any real relationship she gave up parental rights to my wife when she was 2. Voluntarily to get out of child support payments to her father. longer story.

Her father and I were on good terms, He though I was a good influence on his daughter. But he is no longer with us

I had never met her step-father until Saturday.

Okay that bolded bit? That's what I'm talking about. It comes off as weird. I don't know if it's the 'he is' instead of "he's" or what but you make it sound like the mother ship landed and took him aboard, the way everyone knows it will for everyone someday. Except we don't know that and you're crazy.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm trying to explain as best I can why your answers sometimes seem off.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GunChicka posted:

I don't think the dude is bullshitting and if anything he's clarified the actual circumstances much much better since answering questions.

Exactly. I don't know what thread that guy is reading.

I did call him on the no contact, as it was pretty serious and germane. Sorry for trying, sideline non-interested posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Seriously can't imagine what it's like to be married at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, around 25 I can maaaaybe imagine it.

Part of this is because I was agressive with my 'selfish rear end in a top hat new adult' phase but a larger part is because everyone is stupid at this age, compared to themselves just a few years later. 21 thinks 18 was stupid, 24 thinks 21 was stupid, etc.

Did you guys just take that poo poo out on each other?

How old are you now? How old are the kids?

Okay that bolded bit? That's what I'm talking about. It comes off as weird. I don't know if it's the 'he is' instead of "he's" or what but you make it sound like the mother ship landed and took him aboard, the way everyone knows it will for everyone someday. Except we don't know that and you're crazy.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm trying to explain as best I can why your answers sometimes seem off.

Kids are 7 and 3 we had our first shortly after marriage

we talked about kids and decided kids early. I wouldn't change that decisions there was nothing to take out on each other.

that phrase in bold is used to politely say, he dead.

• Locked thread