Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

Kids are 7 and 3 we had our first shortly after marriage

we talked about kids and decided kids early. I wouldn't change that decisions there was nothing to take out on each other.

that phrase in bold is used to politely say, he dead.

we are 26 and 29, forgot to answer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
You previously said that she was uninterested in figuring things out, but was in finding apartments and such. Do you think she was just disengaging or did she have some other plans you disagreed with (you mentioned the money already). You said you both decided to move back to Portland, but I get a feeling it might have been her pushing for it more? Were there ever arguments over that?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Okay that bolded bit? That's what I'm talking about. It comes off as weird. I don't know if it's the 'he is' instead of "he's" or what but you make it sound like the mother ship landed and took him aboard, the way everyone knows it will for everyone someday. Except we don't know that and you're crazy.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm trying to explain as best I can why your answers sometimes seem off.
Is English not your first language? That's a pretty common turn of phrase to mean "this person died."

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

a creepy colon posted:

The op mustve done something really horrible to be so vague and obtuse with details. There is zero chance that the mother of his children would just SUDDENLY go insane and steal his kids. It's also telling that the family hates him.

If you skim the 2 other threads I linked earlier, you'll see that people in the midst of a mental breakdown give off less hints than you would imagine before bailing on relationships, and saying they were beaten to turn the family against their spouse is a common theme as well.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

You previously said that she was uninterested in figuring things out, but was in finding apartments and such. Do you think she was just disengaging or did she have some other plans you disagreed with (you mentioned the money already). You said you both decided to move back to Portland, but I get a feeling it might have been her pushing for it more? Were there ever arguments over that?

No I was behind it 100%, We didn't have family in Ohio for us to hang out with, and it was a stress point. I love the state of Oregon and I knew I could find a good job out here. There was never an argument on moving here.

She was interested in working things out and we were, there were details that I didn't agree with but I conceded because I would rather things work out than cause an argument over a small detail.

Like I said things were rocky, she wanted me to live on my own for a while before she moved back in fully with me, that was something I was not fully okay with.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

Like I said things were rocky, she wanted me to live on my own for a while before she moved back in fully with me, that was something I was not fully okay with.

Ok, hell, maybe this could have been a detail to share earlier? But hey what do I know.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
But yea, Portland is pretty sweet. I moved back here with my dad's family recently.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So on a lighter note, what's your new job? And congrats.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

GunChicka posted:

Ok, hell, maybe this could have been a detail to share earlier? But hey what do I know.

Look things have been crazy and I have a terrible thought train as it is. Im settled now and I can think. you guys are lucky i don't break off mid sentence about how awesome lunch was.

I am enjoying it so far, I have a nice place to live walking distance to work and all sorts of shops and restaurants and decent rent.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

So on a lighter note, what's your new job? And congrats.

I work at the Nike GNOC

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

r00tn00b posted:

Look things have been crazy and I have a terrible thought train as it is. Im settled now and I can think. you guys are lucky i don't break off mid sentence about how awesome lunch was.

I am enjoying it so far, I have a nice place to live walking distance to work and all sorts of shops and restaurants and decent rent.

Go hit up on of the beautiful parks, or thriving cultural districts.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

GunChicka posted:

Go hit up on of the beautiful parks, or thriving cultural districts.

We have these?

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Last Thursday is quite the cultural center after all

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Wizard of Smart posted:

We have these?

Actually I don't know, ice only been to like the paved trail in Forest park and like two places in the pearl and both were eh

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

r00tn00b posted:

Wow awesome, glad you're loving what Portland has to offer. I guess you're gonna meet some white vegan chick with dreads and forget about your kids and your crazy wife now. Good for you imo.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
There are several home depot home stores in portland offering a wide variety of box cutters. If you need a specific model for the job they should have what you need.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Okay that bolded bit? That's what I'm talking about. It comes off as weird. I don't know if it's the 'he is' instead of "he's" or what but you make it sound like the mother ship landed and took him aboard, the way everyone knows it will for everyone someday. Except we don't know that and you're crazy.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm trying to explain as best I can why your answers sometimes seem off.

Have you seriously never heard that expression? Someone's coming off weird, but it isn't the OP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
people who get married at 18/21 are stupid people and this is what happens when stupid people do stupid things

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Has OP murdered his wife and in-laws yet?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

OP, I have a serious question.

Are you retarded?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

You're a stupid motherfucker. It's just another way of saying this guy is dead.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Well goons you win. I was servered with papers of protection. Citing the knife. She embellished the story. And then right after being servered she posted her new relationship with the guy from tx on her fb.
I was played. Plain and simple.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

So you've called a lawyer, right?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Lawyer lawyer lawyer

it's the only way you'll see you're children ever again

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
The court has already set provisions in the protection order. I skat have my parental time as at by this.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

To head this off at the pass, feminism means acknowledging women can be enormous dicks too. We're not angels of sunshine and sweetness :angel: we're people who can do lovely things too

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

The court has already set provisions in the protection order. I already have my parental time as at by this.

I get them every other weekend. To be more accurate. I have already filled the paper work to contest that. And to have to protection order dismissed.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Lawyer up, OP. And consider therapy in the near future. You deserve a relationship with someone who won't cheat on you or take your money and the way to get there is by growing your self-esteem.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

The court has already set provisions in the protection order. I skat have my parental time as at by this.

Lawyer

You haven't been convicted of anything so lawyer up and get your parental rights. And divorce her too

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Secks Cauldron posted:

Lawyer up, OP. And consider therapy in the near future. You deserve a relationship with someone who won't cheat on you or take your money and the way to get there is by growing your self-esteem.

I know it seems like I have no self esteem
But my self worth is high. I know who o am and what I'm worth. I didn't fall for this trick because I didn't think I was worth anything. I fell for this because I want more than anything to have my family the way it was. And to raise my kids with their mother. I appreciate the thought and the support. But self esteem is not my issue.

I'm awesome. I have a kick a job. I have a nice place in a good part of town and so far I have raised two awesome kids who I now live solely for.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

If I'm remembering right, she left you with the kids and went on ahead? Hardly the actions of someone who thinks you're dangerous. Lawyer up she isn't as clever as she thinks and this isn't airtight in her favour.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Stoca Zola posted:

If I'm remembering right, she left you with the kids and went on ahead? Hardly the actions of someone who thinks you're dangerous. Lawyer up she isn't as clever as she thinks and this isn't airtight in her favour.

Yes the plan was for the kids to live with me for the summer. And then move then out. What actualy happened was they were with me for about 5 weeks. I sent pictures of then to her constantly and made sure they talked to her at least once a day. I'm ask about my family being a family.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
My phones auto correct is atrocious

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Sorry this happened but it's going exactly as predicted as it always does, unfortunately. Remember therapy isn't just for low self esteem. You're gonna be dealing with a lot of feelings in the next year or so. Talking to some will be key. And yeah use the adultery to get this over as quickly as possible. States are all different but I was able to bypass the year long legal separation because of adultery. The kids will complicate things immensely but get a good lawyer and take the initiative. You will NOT want this dragging on. The waiting and not knowing what will happen is the worst part. But she sucks and you need to be done with her.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

r00tn00b posted:

Yes the plan was for the kids to live with me for the summer. And then move then out. What actualy happened was they were with me for about 5 weeks. I sent pictures of then to her constantly and made sure they talked to her at least once a day. I'm ask about my family being a family.

This needs to be told to the lawyer that YOU REALLY NEED TO HAVE BY NOW. She claims she ran away because you were unstable and dangerous but her leaving the kids with you and the electronic trail of these messages goes completely against that accusation.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Also document/screen cap everything.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Bill Pullman posted:

Also document/screen cap everything.

Everything is documented. Conversations recorded (with her knowledge). I'm not super dumb in just naive.

I wanted things to work out. Knowing they weren't. I had a suspicion the entire time. Even called her out on it. I still bought into us working things out.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Get a lawyer, Captain Cuck.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

Everything is documented. Conversations recorded (with her knowledge). I'm not super dumb in just naive.

I wanted things to work out. Knowing they weren't. I had a suspicion the entire time. Even called her out on it. I still bought into us working things out.

I hear ya. Boy do I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I know the phrase. If I mentioned the "he is" instead of "he's" and thought the phrase itself was weird, I would have mentioned it too. I wasn't talking about the phrase. I meant the sentence as a whole. Granted, I'm more used to 'has passed on,' but that's probably a regional thing.

OP said he has issues with concentration (I'm assuming that's what "a terrible thought train" means), which explains it somewhat. If he's having to focus hard and force himself to stay on topic, his words aren't going to flow as naturally, and it's going to be noticeable. Probably more noticeable in writing than when spoken.

OP I hope you're looking into lawyers. I completely understand wanting to keep your family intact, but when someone else breaks it, there isn't much you can do. Making sure you have all the legal rights to your children is step #1.5, after getting a lawyer. She may change her mind and you might ill-advisedly decided to reconcile, who knows. If she were going to change her mind because this was just a short-term thing caused by stress or mental illness, she probably would have done it by now. You have to operate on the assumption that she never wants to be with you or live with you again. And as much as she's screwed you over, you also need to operate on the assumption that she'll continue to screw you over as she has the chance, as well. You're allowed to do all this with hope in your heart that she'll 'snap out of it' or seek therapy and you'll be happily reunited, of course, but you have to prepare for the worst.

• Locked thread