Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I know the phrase. If I mentioned the "he is" instead of "he's" and thought the phrase itself was weird, I would have mentioned it too. I wasn't talking about the phrase. I meant the sentence as a whole. Granted, I'm more used to 'has passed on,' but that's probably a regional thing.

OP said he has issues with concentration (I'm assuming that's what "a terrible thought train" means), which explains it somewhat. If he's having to focus hard and force himself to stay on topic, his words aren't going to flow as naturally, and it's going to be noticeable. Probably more noticeable in writing than when spoken.

OP I hope you're looking into lawyers. I completely understand wanting to keep your family intact, but when someone else breaks it, there isn't much you can do. Making sure you have all the legal rights to your children is step #1.5, after getting a lawyer. She may change her mind and you might ill-advisedly decided to reconcile, who knows. If she were going to change her mind because this was just a short-term thing caused by stress or mental illness, she probably would have done it by now. You have to operate on the assumption that she never wants to be with you or live with you again. And as much as she's screwed you over, you also need to operate on the assumption that she'll continue to screw you over as she has the chance, as well. You're allowed to do all this with hope in your heart that she'll 'snap out of it' or seek therapy and you'll be happily reunited, of course, but you have to prepare for the worst.

Yes I know. As of right now I have the kids every other weekend. And the court denied her any funds that I have to pay.

I will be holding out hope that this works out because I do want my family together. She isn't who she normally is right now. Maybe this is the new her maybe it's not.

I will be fighting this as best I can. I dint have the resources she does. A near limitless supply of cash for one. And acres to a whole law firm of her step father's lawyers at no cost to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
1. Lawyer up.
2. Lawyer the gently caress up.
3. After lawyering the gently caress up, get off the internet for awhile. Go to work, see some movies, walk around town a bit.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Error 404 posted:

1. Lawyer up.
2. Lawyer the gently caress up.
3. After lawyering the gently caress up, get off the internet for awhile. Go to work, see some movies, walk around town a bit.

Yes I know. Everyone else has said this. I will.

I'm going to get some sleep. I'll post more tomorrow.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

r00tn00b posted:

Yes I know. Everyone else has said this. I will.

I'm going to get some sleep. I'll post more tomorrow.

Now that we know you're paying attention the "LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER" bit, you'd be fine.. not.. posting so much. You need to actively watch what you say about any legal precedings and the actions of anyone involved online. If you're posting because you're scared, sad, pissed-off, and lonely, that's 100% okay. Venting is healthy. I'd be all 'abloo bloo goons tell me everything's gonna be okay' if I were in your situation, since it sounds like everyone you're close to in the world is at your wife's place.

January
Jul 5, 2009
Also, keep in mind that if this new guy dumps her, she may come running back to you. You'd have to resist the urge to get back together, which it sounds like will be a huge temptation for you. Maintaining the wife+kids family was so important to you even in the face of her blatant infidelity and seriously terrible treatment of you.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

r00tn00b posted:

I will be holding out hope that this works out because I do want my family together. She isn't who she normally is right now. Maybe this is the new her maybe it's not.

Yeah man. Like I said, its probably just a phase. You should contact the guy she has been cheating on you with in Texas via facebook. Tell him shes crazy and tried to cut your dick off :cool:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Know OP said he's getting a lawyer but I really want it to stick.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Also start looking into getting a divorce. Don't pull a Zaurg and think there's some magical recovery in the works and you just need to stick it out till she gets right.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mega64 posted:

Know OP said he's getting a lawyer but I really want it to stick.

Why should he? The game is over. She has a family of free lawyers at her disposable , has the kids, has the money and has painted him as a psycho wielding box cutter maniac.

Time to pack it up and go the gently caress back home OP.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a creepy colon posted:

Why should he? The game is over. She has a family of free lawyers at her disposable , has the kids, has the money and has painted him as a psycho wielding box cutter maniac.

Time to pack it up and go the gently caress back home OP.

Because, as posted, he loves his kids and has practically non-refutable evidence that she didn't think he was dangerous and crazy. There's so much negotiable stuff here: money, time with kids, etc... getting a lawyer just increases the amount he can get, no matter what.

OP, keep in mind, you can get a lawyer AND hold out hope that you can work things out.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Getting a lawyer will just lighten his pockets more than they already have been by his succubus wife, while she moves to Texas to be with her new boyfriend.

Dont bother with the lawyer OP, just keep visiting every other weekend until she gets tired of her kids and moves to texas, abandoning them with you.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

OP, keep in mind, you can get a lawyer AND hold out hope that you can work things out.

Don't hold out too much hope though. Could you ever trust her again?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bill Pullman posted:

Totally agreed. Just trying to nudge OP.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a creepy colon posted:

Getting a lawyer will just lighten his pockets more than they already have been by his succubus wife, while she moves to Texas to be with her new boyfriend.

Dont bother with the lawyer OP, just keep visiting every other weekend until she gets tired of her kids and moves to texas, abandoning them with you.

I guess we have different opinions, then. I'd go bankrupt and in debt for 5-6 figures if it meant that I got even one more day a month with my kids out of a divorce proceeding.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
a creepy colon's gimmick is to give the worst advice possible and see who he reels in.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Bill Pullman posted:

Trust can be rebuilt with time.
I know it's slim. But if there is a chance.l I'll take it.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

r00tn00b posted:

Well then I guess it's :munch: time

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

Oh yay another Zaurg

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Thank-you for taking us all on this ride.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

platedlizard posted:

a creepy colon's gimmick is to give the worst advice possible and see who he reels in.

gently caress you.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

r00tn00b posted:

This whole episode should be pointing out to you that you don't have a hot loving clue where your wife is at, no ability to understand what she now wants (not you) nor even judge if a chance existed (which it loving doesn't).

She doesn't want to be with you. Doesn't want to live with you, certainly doesn't want to sleep with you, doesn't want to even loving talk to you.

You going to keep loving around in the well OP? How's that working out so far?

I understand that it's got to be incredibly hard to have any perspective on this from your position, with so much of your life invested in her, you kids - your world.

She has burnt it down, and loving hates you, and everything about you as a couple.

Get a loving grip.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sorry to be right op. :(. Oh, I'd stop stalking her Facebook too. Nothing good will come of that

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Sorry to be right op. :(. Oh, I'd stop stalking her Facebook too. Nothing good will come of that

I wasn't staking her. Just a friend sent me a screen cap of it. I didn't ask for it or ask him to check on her.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is the boyfriend in Texas?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like, who is this joker anyway?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

Like, who is this joker anyway?

He is me. Literally in every way he is me. He has the same job. Interests hobbies. He is a clone of me. He even has the same name of my twin brother. He is a cheap knockoff of me. She literally replaced me for me. He just happened to be there for her when u couldn't.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

r00tn00b posted:

He is me. Literally in every way he is me. He has the same job. Interests and hobbies. He is a clone of me. He even has the same name as my twin brother. He is a cheap knockoff of me. She literally replaced me for me. He just happened to be there for her when i couldn't.

Edited for autocorrect issues

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

r00tn00b posted:

You loving idiot.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

Edited for autocorrect issues

Couldn't be there? Wut

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

r00tn00b posted:

He is me. Literally in every way he is me. He has the same job. Interests hobbies. He is a clone of me. He even has the same name of my twin brother. He is a cheap knockoff of me. She literally replaced me for me. He just happened to be there for her when u couldn't.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. If this dude is your doppleganger then he CAN be defeated. Think, what would a Texas version of you be thinking next? What is his next move? And what did he do exactly to seduce your wife?!

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. If this dude is your doppleganger then he CAN be defeated. Think, what would a Texas version of you be thinking next? What is his next move? And what did he do exactly to seduce your wife?!

I know you are being insincere. But sure. He was just there for her in a time of need. Plain as that. Where I couldn't be.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im not being insincere, if we can help you win back your family thatd be pretty cool.

Anyway, the past is in the past so they say. except when the past comes back and steals your wife. you gotta stop this dude in his tracks somehow. And the only way is by getting into his head. Give us more background info on the initial affair since you have confirmed that this is basically a continuation of that (did she ever STOP talking to him i wonder??)

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Fake your death, kill the Texas man and take his place. Your wife and kids will never notice.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

r00tn00b posted:

I know you are being insincere. But sure. He was just there for her in a time of need. Plain as that. Where I couldn't be.

Why?

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

r00tn00b posted:

Yeah, I'm sure that's what she told you, or what you surmised. Why would that be all there is? Your wife is tired of you, resents you, doesn't want to have anything to do with you.

He wasn't just convenient you idiot; people don't uproot their kids and change their lives over "accessible" or "more handy than my husband".

I am blown away by the level of self deception, and complete lack of insight you have - so much so its becoming easier and easier to see why she wanted you loving out of her life.

Most people would have taken the cheating, the distant behaviour, the endless lies, the manipulation as a clear sign that the relationship is over but no, you keep blithely pushing to get what you want and she has now forced you the gently caress out of her life, presumably because you just aren't getting it.

You are going to have to come to terms that she is in love with someone else, and loathes you but I'm pretty sure you'll just keep jamming your head up your rear end, so enjoy!

Get a therapist, as well as a lawyer, because otherwise you're going to make some very stupid decisions that you will be legally bound to shortly

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blitter posted:

I am blown away by the level of self deception, and complete lack of insight you have - so much so its becoming easier and easier to see why she wanted you loving out of her life.

Yikes

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hey, OP, last week was the time to :

Seriously, you're coming across as passive as gently caress and unwilling to take the actions necessary to handle this like a grown rear end man with kids to consider.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

r00tn00b posted:

you dumb piece of idiot

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird how all the 'nice' and 'sincere' posters from earlier are now turning against you simply because you choose to try and stay together for the kids.

You guys realize insulting him over and over again because he isnt doing exactly what you want is stupid right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
You guys, you're not going to dissuade him from having hope and wanting his family to return to normal. As long as he gets a lawyer, and listens to said lawyer, he can daydream about her calling, apologizing, and asking if they can reconcile. That's how some people cope with this sort of poo poo.

• Locked thread