Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a creepy colon posted:

Why should he? The game is over. She has a family of free lawyers at her disposable , has the kids, has the money and has painted him as a psycho wielding box cutter maniac.

Time to pack it up and go the gently caress back home OP.

Because, as posted, he loves his kids and has practically non-refutable evidence that she didn't think he was dangerous and crazy. There's so much negotiable stuff here: money, time with kids, etc... getting a lawyer just increases the amount he can get, no matter what.

OP, keep in mind, you can get a lawyer AND hold out hope that you can work things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bill Pullman posted:

Don't hold out too much hope though. Could you ever trust her again?

Totally agreed. Just trying to nudge OP.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a creepy colon posted:

Getting a lawyer will just lighten his pockets more than they already have been by his succubus wife, while she moves to Texas to be with her new boyfriend.

Dont bother with the lawyer OP, just keep visiting every other weekend until she gets tired of her kids and moves to texas, abandoning them with you.

I guess we have different opinions, then. I'd go bankrupt and in debt for 5-6 figures if it meant that I got even one more day a month with my kids out of a divorce proceeding.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I feel bad for rootnoob. Is there any way you can get some money to speed up this process? Borrow from a relative? What about the house you own, surely you are renting it out?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So back on the topic, i asked if you are renting out your home and if you can borrow money from a relative or something?
I guess i should start by asking, what is the timetable on your being able to afford a divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

r00tn00b posted:

I have no one to borrow money from and I am in the process of selling the home. when the home sells I will be able to afford to pay for a divorce lawyer.

Okay cool. Do you think it will sell fast? Good luck

• Locked thread