Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The hardest thing to do is going to be accepting that this person who you thought was wonderful has been actively planning your downfall. It's highly likely she sabotaged you in every way she could, and will continue to do so.

My first piece of advice, and most likely to be ignored is DO NOT TEST THE NO CONTACT ORDER Oregon does not play with that, you will go to jail and you will lose your new job - which is all you have. Block her and her family on phones and social media. Remove Facebook from your phone for a while. Do what you need to do not to talk to them until you have been to court and have a copy of the order dismissing the order of protection.

Second, get to a lawyer. Today. In two hours when they start working. If you can prove she hasn't been hospitalized, great.

Third, get a place. Look into Vancouver or the other suburbs if your job isn't great enough to support living in portland proper. This is the next step after the lawyer. You should be looking for apartments/houses/places by 10:30.

Fourth, sell what you don't need from that moving truck to help with costs of getting set up in a new place. :siren:DO NOT SELL THINGS THAT ARE HERS:siren:

Fifth: hit the breakup thread and follow it's advice. You are not a special snowflake and your situation isn't unique. Do what you need to do for your life, not your current situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

You make terrible decisions.

Quoting this.

r00tn00b posted:

I still have rights to speak to and see my children, the police assured me I was allowed to contact her about them, and to see them. I cannot remove her or block her.

So then make sure you only speak about the children when contacting her. I'd ensure there was a witness or recording of you phone calls - you'll have to inform her of recording - to be safe. One minor detail in the legal arrangement doesn't nullify or alter the rest of the advice.

In any case you should be worried about having a place where your kids can visit you, and should still be following the rest of the advice today.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The no contact order is likely a temporary order of protection until a court hearing, and the op hasn't made that distinction. It doesn't require anything except someone filing for an order for protection. They're generally issued as a stopgap because of how our cost system has pesky things like "needing to be served" and "due process" and the like.

Op when is the court date?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

The family doesn't know me, they have only what my wife has told them. They have only met me once.

She has been dealing with depression for over a year and would not let me help her, or seek out help on her own until recently. This isn't sudden, its just the largest freak out she has had.

:airquote:freakout:airquote: Yeah, that's what this is.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

18 and 21

HAHA well there we go.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Obdicut posted:

Why aren't you shutting up and just talking to a lawyer? What do you hope to gain here?

Stop trying to kill the best thread on these forums.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Obdicut posted:

What if I am his dad.

You did a bad job.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Okay that bolded bit? That's what I'm talking about. It comes off as weird. I don't know if it's the 'he is' instead of "he's" or what but you make it sound like the mother ship landed and took him aboard, the way everyone knows it will for everyone someday. Except we don't know that and you're crazy.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, I'm trying to explain as best I can why your answers sometimes seem off.
Is English not your first language? That's a pretty common turn of phrase to mean "this person died."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

GunChicka posted:

Go hit up on of the beautiful parks, or thriving cultural districts.

We have these?

• Locked thread