Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
To me, it sounds like she wanted out but she wanted to be in a secure situation before she did. Now she has her family as a support system and you're financially unable to really fight her on anything. There may not have been a critical 'OMG' moment for her, but she simply saw her opportunity and took it.

Go talk to a lawyer when you can, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

There was no charge filed and no court date that I am aware of.

Did they give you any paperwork with the order to stay away? If not, then there really isn't any protective order, I think.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
My parents stayed together for my sisters and I.

It was loving hell for two decades. For God's sake, don't ever try to stick it out for your children.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

not works for, owns, he owns the law firm.

I have not posted in a while as I was spending the last few days with my kids. It was fun we had a blast and I can't wait to see them again.

I spoke to an attorney and while the legal custody of my children is not an issue, they are doubtful of the protection order being dissolved on my request as Oregon state would require me to prove proof that she is not telling the truth. It is hard to prove a negative and my lawyer feels the best route is to cut communication and focus on getting legal custody of the kids and more time with them rather than risk losing that battle and having further restrictions put against me (if we fight and lose it I cannot purchase guns or ammo for the rest of my life). So that's what we are doing, preparing a legal case to work on a custody arrangement where I can see my kids more often. As my wife doesn't have a place of her own or a job I have a pretty good case to be the custodial parent.

I have accepted that reconciliation is not a likely outcome of this and her actions as of late have only driven that home. even at the exchange of the kids she was not seen. It is still something that I want to at least try, I still love her and know that some times people do stupid things.

Stupid things are saying something a little callous or forgetting an anniversary.

She moved you out to Oregon, refused to let you stay with her, accused you of threatening her, got an order of protection and is dangling your children over your head while moving on with the guy she flew out to gently caress.

STOP DOWNPLAYING HER ACTIONS.

She's diligently working to gently caress you over. The marriage is so far beyond done, they need a new word for it.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
She's not thinking about what's best for her children, but neither is OP by wanting to work things out with her. She has no regard for anyone outside of her own wants. The kids deserve better than that. It's normal to miss your spouse and feel a little lost, but he should still try not to obsess over it.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
If she's that neglectful then I'd hope for the sake of your kids you'd not attempt to reconcile with her. They deserve better.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

January posted:

Documenting his children's apparent neglect is one of the wisest things OP has done so far. He can't just take them away, but he can prepare for the future when he can try to get full custody.

What is up with you putting the kids in child care so she could stay at home and neither work nor take care of the children? The whole point of being a stay-at-home mother is because you want to take care of the children. And then you leaving work to take care of them when they were sick or had appointments? That is so bizarre.

Is she a trophy wife? Someone who is "way out of your league" physically? I can't help but be curious what it is about your wife that is so great that she could get away with not contributing equally to the household by any stretch of the imagination, and you were willing to reconcile with her after everything else she did.

This lady is starting to remind me more and more of #6 from the anonymous E/N thread.

Agreed. I'm a STAHM at the moment so that we don't have to use up money on childcare, and I contribute by caring/raising our son, cooking, keeping up the house, etc. Wtf does she need childcare for if she doesn't work?

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
I think he's being stupid in wanting to reconcile with a woman who betrayed him in every sense of the word and has apparently been neglecting their children.

I think it's normal to miss the way things had been and to miss her. She was his wife, and it's expected. But clinging to "maybe things will be different/get better!" is stupid. For the sake of his kids he needs to accept that his marriage is over and work on doing what he can to provide them a better life than she is.

Documenting is all he CAN do right now, unless they show signs of obvious abuse (looking really malnourished or beaten). Diaper rash and bug bites won't get the children removed from her care.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Just pointing out the insanity of these posts.

Actually, that's pretty close to how a narcissistic spouse behaves and the behavior OP describes fits it pretty well. My friend was engaged to a guy who left his narcissistic wife and she behaved the same way with the kids (very little interest in actually taking care of them, claimed he abandoned the family when he filed for divorce, shacked up and married some other guy within weeks of the divorce being finalized, etc). Therapy for him and eventually the kids isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her family are talking badly about OP and trying to ruin their opinion of him.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
The woman you married is gone, if she ever existed. Time to step up and be the parent your children need. Part of being that kick-rear end dad is by never allowing that woman into your life in the role of a spouse ever again.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
I feel so awful for your kids. That kind of instability can be so damaging. I'm really relieved you have them, though. Keep up with the lawyering. The best thing that woman can do is gently caress off permanently.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
She has to have some sort of mental issue. I can't imagine a parent just up and abandoning their children for no reason. And possibly abusing an animal.

Regardless, you're doing everything right. My heart absolutely breaks for those kids, though. :(

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
For the sake of the kids I hope she stays away permanently.

However, she may not have necessarily broken your ability to trust people. Her parents took her side and participated in nearly stripping you of your ability to see your children. You have every reason to be distrustful. And I think you may be in survival-mode, too. This means being unsure of anything. Give it time.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

The request to grant custody to me was dismissed, as the kids haven't been living with me for long enough. So As it stands she can come back and take them back at any time. and that is scary. I am working on fixing this but it will take take. In the mean time I just hope she continues to be childish and stays the gently caress away from me and my kids.

I can't understand that. She abandoned them. How can she still have custody? And with her parents' supporting you?

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

Got our court date today. They aren't hearing the case till next year. That seems like a long time its about 6 months from now.

God drat, that's awful. :( Can you at least get the kids into some kind of counseling til then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

r00tn00b posted:

Leg injuries. They don't know how.

The only real development is we now know she is in ohio for sure. That only makes me feel a little better.

I just wish she would talk to the kids. They are beyond upset about this and seeing the pain in them is breaking my heart. They are in therapy but that can only do so much. If there was a small part of me that wanted to work things out with her. It is now dead.

A quote from my oldest son
"I miss mommy. How can she not miss us. Does she not love us anymore. How could she not miss me. "

My youngest son cannot vocalize his feelings. He just looks sad sometimes. I asked him what was wrong one time when he was just sitting on the couch and he just hugged me and started crying.

I had a small meltdown myself after a really hard day and couldn't stop crying for an hour over how much pain they are in because she is so much of a child she can't be a decent parent and talk to her kids.

I want this nightmare to be over for the sale if my children.

Holy gently caress, this broke my heart. I can't imagine pulling the poo poo she's pulled as a parent. I can't fathom it. You're doing all the right things and I have no advice to offer, but I'm just so sorry you and the kids have to to through this. :(

• Locked thread