Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
None of the details or bullshit people are asking about really matter. Even if your story is completely one-sided, 90% made-up, if your wife took your kids and left you homeless, you need to get a lawyer. Period. Full-stop.

Stop messing around and start talking to lawyers now. And make sure you tell them the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Volume posted:

No, you see, they're gonna work things out. Everything is going to be jusHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHA
I like your avatar.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I have to be missing something, here.

Your wife attempted to leave you homeless and broke in an unfamiliar city with no support network so that she could take your children away from you using her family's money and legal acumen, lied to her family and law enforcement about you abusing her, so that she could hook up with some dude from Texas? And you're hoping you can reconcile with her? And now she's taking the phone away from your crying children in the limited time you have to talk to them? This is some vile poo poo, and you would have to lack any sense of self worth whatsoever in order to go crawling back to someone who did that to you, ever.

I feel like I'm angrier on your behalf than you are, and I don't know if it's because you're reacting from a position of emotional numbness, like an abuse victim, or because we're only getting part of the story.

That being said, on the practical side of things, I strongly suggest going on her Facebook and preserving it. Go to the "Timeline" view, go year by year, makes sure you're viewing "all" and not just "highlights" ("highlights" is the default), and go to each entry and click "show all comments." Use Chrome's print to PDF to preserve it, do a PDF for each year. Do it now before it occurs to her to scrub it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

January posted:

She must be feeling untouchable if she posted all that stuff to her Facebook, making it painfully obvious that she already had another relationship going on while she was setting up the OP to be left out in the cold. OP, use her hubris to her advantage while you still can!
Here's the thing: this is something he wants to do even if there's zero evidence of adultery on her Facebook page. She's already shown that she's willing to lie to all and sundry about a myriad of things, so you want as much documentary evidence as possible in case she starts lying about other things down the line. People who use Facebook a lot tend not to be too careful about what they post, and it makes it much easier to catch them in a lie, especially if they're making up lies now about something that happened months or years ago.

• Locked thread