Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
My situation last year had some similarities to this (although no kids, thank god.) just lawyer up and divorce this maniac. Sorry this happened but your life will be so much better without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Also, get counselling.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Sorry this happened but it's going exactly as predicted as it always does, unfortunately. Remember therapy isn't just for low self esteem. You're gonna be dealing with a lot of feelings in the next year or so. Talking to some will be key. And yeah use the adultery to get this over as quickly as possible. States are all different but I was able to bypass the year long legal separation because of adultery. The kids will complicate things immensely but get a good lawyer and take the initiative. You will NOT want this dragging on. The waiting and not knowing what will happen is the worst part. But she sucks and you need to be done with her.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Also document/screen cap everything.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

Everything is documented. Conversations recorded (with her knowledge). I'm not super dumb in just naive.

I wanted things to work out. Knowing they weren't. I had a suspicion the entire time. Even called her out on it. I still bought into us working things out.

I hear ya. Boy do I.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

OP, keep in mind, you can get a lawyer AND hold out hope that you can work things out.

Don't hold out too much hope though. Could you ever trust her again?

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
3. Get divorced

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Bill Pullman posted:

3. Get divorced

That's unfair, everyone's situation is different I guess. But holding out hope that something might change in 10 years is a great way to live an unfulfilling life. She doesn't have your interests at heart at all. The sooner you put your happiness (including saving your relationship with your kids) the better.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Sorry dude, that sounds awful. Hang in there, stay strong and get through this.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

Thank you.

I have a really unhealthy addiction to talking to her, even now, when something cool happens or i read something funny i go to message her about it, i catch myself every time and stop.

I just want things the way they were.

I had the same thing happen. It's like a phantom limb. It fades, don't worry.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

Fidelity isn't illegal. I would only think the judge's person opinion on that would matter

Dude it's a civil trial, not criminal. You're fighting for leverage over money and kids. Painting this as her fault is key so you can have the upper hand. There's poo poo at stake.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Good deal. Make sure to follow up. This helped me a lot early on.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
I got conflicting advice at this point. "Whatever you do don't look at her social media accounts!" Vs "Screen cap everything!" Unfortunately I think documenting everything wins out but boy is that a soul killer. Sorry dude.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

drat look at this stone cold motherfucker

beep boop i do not feel emotions when under extreme emotional duress and instantly get over the bop beep

I'm the guy who essentially kicked his wife out the second I got her to admit to cheating and never wavered from the divorce path and even I moped around hoping for "closure" before I finally realised life doesn't work that way.

OP, you already know this but it's not creepy. However, take it from those who've been there, there's a good chance you won't ever get any satisfactory answers. (And what would those be anyway) The key is to look forward and eventually you'll care less and less about the past.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
It's because she's a selfish piece of poo poo hth

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Good for you buddy. You've got your eyes open and are heading in the right direction.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
I'll add this as well: the way he's talking about what he misses/wants from his wife has changed very dramatically over the course of the thread in a very natural and understandable way. I'd say dude is coping with a traumatic change in his life very well and by constantly rehashing this topic you're probably causing more confusion than anything. He's dealing. Leave him be.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
From all outward appearances you're handling a very tough situation like a badass. Just keep doing what you're doing. Good luck with the hearing.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

I was just taking a shower and thinking about everything, and for a while I questioned everything that is happening as some sort of plot against me and it dawned on me that she has taken my ability to trust other people from me, here these people are looking out for the best interested of my kids, and I am second guessing their actions like they are setting me up for prison. I have always been able to trust people and for better or worse I liked that about me and now I see shadows everywhere. On top of everything shes done to my kids and me. I start the battle for custody in a few hours starting with a call to the courthouse to schedule a hearing. My best hope is that she is out of state and misses the court date and also misses her lawyer payment and has no one there to represent her. I hope that happens.

Did I miss an update after the hearing? What's the latest?

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Yeah it's hell on earth.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Fantastic news, best of luck!

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

r00tn00b posted:

I thought i was gonna get away clean i should have known better.

This was always in the back of my mind that she would try this last second poo poo and here it is.

I thought the same thing. We had a jointly agreed plan to be clean etc and she ended up nuking that and causing massive delays and legal expenses. Once again every story sounds the same. Sorry dude, stay strong. We've been there and it does end. You got this.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014

Noctone posted:

Also it amazes me that after all these years there are still a lot of goons that don't seem to comprehend that there are legitimately lovely, batshit insane people in the world that will do inexplicably awful things like the OP's wife did (and continues to do). Maybe it's one of those things you have to experience first hand to really come to grips with?

I mean, "there are two sides to every story" etc... but once you've tried to reason with a truly irrational person you never forget the experience.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Great news man! Big weight off your shoulders, eh? You've probably already started to move on but now you really can get rolling for real. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Wow what a resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if you never hear from her again.

• Locked thread