Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Saladman knows a lot more than me as I've only been down there a couple times, so maybe my advice isn't so useful, but just a couple notes: Jungfraujoch is fun but expensive and VERY crowded, especially on the trains back down in the afternoon. Most of the train ride is inside a tunnel, but it stops at viewing platforms a couple times on the way up if you want to see the glacier etc. The view from the top is very nice though so I don't regret going.

So far Interlaken has been my favorite region of Switzerland to visit so I'd definitely check it out while you're nearby. On the north side of one of hte lakes (I'm pretty sure it's Thun) there are some surprisingly nice caves (St. Beatus-hohlen), which if you're into that can be a good way to kill a couple hours, especially if you're unlucky and the weather is bad, and they also have a decent restaurant overlooking the lake which was nice. If you take a guided tour I think it takes 90 minutes, although if they let you I'd recommend doing it guideless - we spent about 2 and a half hours and got lapped twice by guided groups, it just seemed like they rush you through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread