Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Postal Parcel posted:

3) Does he have romantic feelings for Angela or is it just a deep, deep friendship?

I think the scene near the end where they look like they're going to kiss and everyone is staring at the TV behind them is a pretty clear telegraph. He's just too Goony to make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

insider posted:

This is the best show on TV right now by a large margin.

This right here. There hasn't been a single episode thus far that I thought was 'meh'. They have all been fantastic, even with people tearing into the dream sequence.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

savinhill posted:

Speaking of the dream sequence, was there anything in it that foreshadowed the girlfriend's death?

I don't remember Shayla being in the dream, just a lot of Angela. Maybe that alone is a bit of foreshadowing, telling you that Shayla is not a lasting thing, but either way I don't think she was present in the dream.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Accretionist posted:

Supplemental Viewing: A penetration tester's entertaining presentation about 'no tech' hacking

Note: Volume's a little high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kfsxF8Tio

This is great, thank you.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

steakmancer posted:

Oh man the supposed plot leak sounds really cool

I haven't heard about a plot leak. Can you post a link, so people who don't want to be spoiled don't have to read it, but people like me who are interested can take a look?

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

adrenaline_junket posted:

I predict the reverse of this. Wellick will find out about fsociety, and then team up with Elliot so that the new CTO cops the wrath of fsociety's actions.

EvilCorp is only partially destroyed, and Wellick manipulates the board into firing the CTO and installing him in the CTO's place. Same way that the first guy went down.

Instead of outing FSociety and his connection, Wellick will use them as his own private army to rattle EvilCorp as he climbs the ladder further and further up the chain.

You know, I kind of thought this was a possibility. Wellick knows Elliot framed the previous CTO (whats-his-name), so maybe he will use Elliot to destroy the new CTO. But where does it go from there? At some point Wellick will want FSociety out of the way. Then what?

It's an interesting plot theory, I'm with you on this one.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
I don't know how they're going to stretch the show for 5 seasons when it really turns out that Elliot is wearing a straightjacket, sitting in the corner of a padded room, rocking back and forth and mumbling jibberish. None of this world or these people exist. Of maybe the other hackers and co-workers are just the doctors, nurses, and orderlies that come check on him and give him shock treatment. That's just not enough to stretch out 50-60 episodes, sorry.

This show is loving amazing and that is why I need to force myself to stop watching now, so they don't ruin it for me. Good job with the show, I'm done with it. I love it, and never watching it ever again. Or maybe I already have watched it and I just forgot? poo poo! Tell me you're seeing this too?

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

magiccarpet posted:

Be sure to watch this episode through to the very, very end tonight, Marvel style.

Hmmm, so they're pulling a 'Game of Thrones' and dropping the craziest poo poo on us for the 2nd to last episode, huh?

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Subjunctive posted:

When I tell people who I think will be skeptical about the show, I describe it as a well-acted, stylish corporate espionage thriller. By the time they realize it's about dual-booting your Android tablet into QNX, they've given it a chance.

I've got a couple friends who I have been trying to get to watch Mr. Robot (one is on these forums) and they just will not give it the first hour. I know if they watched the pilot, they would be hooked. So Thank You for this Subjunctive, this is a great way to describe it without scaring people off because it's about 'DURF HACK THE WORLD HACK THE GIBSON!'

but really guys hackers was a good movie

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

stoops posted:

Longshot, but would anyone know if someone has created a 3d file of the FSociety mask?

I work with 3D modeling, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Spergatory posted:

I don't really care if it's been done before because I like the way it's done here better. Fight Club was great, but the whole mental illness thing was basically an afterthought/excuse for the plot twist. Plus the movie kind of low-key hated all its characters and treated them like jokes. Mr Robot weaves mental illness into everything Elliot does and it treats its characters like people. In my book, that puts it ahead of the movie (and most other shows, to be honest).

This is exactly where I am. I don't care if goons can point out that EVERY SINGLE plot point is ripped from something else, I like the way it's been put together here. I like the actors, I like the pace, I like the show. Whether any single part of it isn't COMPLETELY ORIGINAL LOL, I couldn't give two fucks.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

iraqniphobia posted:

I saw a few articles about a week ago that said they were trying for around the same time as Season 1 airdate which was in late June but it may be a few weeks later, so we might be waiting until July or August.

That is WAY too long to wait for more Rami Malek and Christian Slater goodness, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

a dog from hell posted:

God drat this show is dark and I don't see any light coming in any time soon.

Takes balls to put a show this dark on cable.

Hopefully the show's overwhelming success will encourage other channels to take the risk and produce thought provoking shows, instead of 10 more hours of watching the loving Kardashians. But I know this is just too much for me to hope for.

Also, at first I was disappointed when I got the feeling that we weren't going to check in with Elliott at all this episode. But whoever said it a few posts before mine, the focus on the lesser characters and the advancement/integration of their storylines really turned out fantastically. I now put my full trust in Sam Esmail.

• Locked thread