Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Pulp Can Move posted:

"The show is good and I like it, but there's this nagging doubt in the back of my mind, that at some indeterminate and hypothetical point in the future, the quality might slip a little. Maybe the ending won't be as good as I hoped, or a twist will retroactively ruin my enjoyment of episodes I've already enjoyed. Maybe it will be too similar to a movie that I liked. I don't know if I could handle any of those things, so it's probably for the best that I just stop watching now.

This is how normal people watch television, right?"

Why watch a TV show like a normal person when you can be an obnoxious goon who never enjoys anything and ruins everything for everyone else in the process and never enjoying anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What language is the American Psycho couple speaking? I'm normally pretty good at identifying foreign languages, but this one's driving me nuts.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I dunno, if Mr. Robot isn't real, does that mean the guys in the van were just sitting there silently instead of feeding Eliot info? Seems like an awfully strange way to run an op. Is everyone except Eliot aware that Mr. Robot is one of his personalities, and did Mr. Robot tell the other hackers to chop off his balls should he catch on?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Was it ever explained what American Psycho was doing with the front desk guy's smartphone while he was in the shower?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Do you think the ecorp exec really knows who's responsible, or does he think the girl did it (which is why he hired her and is trying to mentor her)?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but all of the Chinese speakers in this show are terrible. I guess it was hard to find good ones since this show doesn't suck up to the Communist Party?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I'm hoping Elliot will somehow get revenge on/kill the thugs this season. The last season he just let them get away after murdering his friend in cold blood. Not cool.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
The FBI lady is awkward as gently caress.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Elias_Maluco posted:

She sure is, but I guess this is what I like most about her

She's not like a typical cop/government stooge character, she seems like she'll turn out to be more like an eccentric genius.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
The transgender Chinese guy and the old Evil Corp boss guy have a similar way of speaking. I can't put my finger on it.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

pahuyuth posted:

I love time travel and all but I already have 12 Monkeys.

I guess true parallel universes are cool but I can always rewatch Fringe to see what happens when someone tries to "undo" the current universe.

And then there's Lost of course and also The Leftovers.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd really like for Mr Robot to be something more than the above and so far it has been and I will be disappointed if it's a rehash of one or more of them. Having said that it is really well filmed and acted so I'm in it 'til the end regardless.

I love secret alter egos, but I can always watch Fight Club.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, Elliot's dad seemed really nice in the flashbacks with his son (up until the window pushing thing). So how did Mr. Robot come out so mean and conniving?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

precision posted:

I actually thought Joanna was going to be around a while because of the implications of her being from super rich Swiss Illuminati and possibly trying to breed the Antichrist/Jesus but I guess Esmail dropped that a long time ago

What implications are you referring to?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
One little thing that annoyed me was the security guard automatically being suspicious of the envelope. What, people don't carry envelopes in offices? Lol. Obviously after her reaction he has reason to suspect Something, but not before.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Hmm. Strange that a woman who works in an office might be carrying an envelope when there's a riot. I mean, the normal thing to do would be to literally drop everything assume fetal position in a corner somewhere...

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

maskenfreiheit posted:

Art imitates life

how so?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
One thing that really disappointed me was that Eliot never got revenge on that drug dealer for killing his friend. But I guess he was bigger fish to fry now, lol!

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
The speech WR's assistant gives before executing eliots friends makes me think it's bigger than China ruling the world. Also the fact that Irving is so loyal despite clearly not being paid oodles of money or whatever and being totally nonchalant about the bombings the the other DA plants freaked out after it. Unless Irving is a huge sinophile or something.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Speaking of mandarin Chinese, everyone in this show is terrible at speaking it. It's really the only thing that pulls me out of the show. Not all the fretting about whether or not there's time travel but the slow clumsy rhythm of speaking the overly careful pronunciation and the obvious direct translation from an English script into chinese.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

precision posted:

Didn't Irving say "I used to be you", not "I used to be like you"? Meaning he was once Whiterose's second in command/lover/both.

Nobody has mentioned yet how different Vera sounded at the end. I mean the Vera from season 1 wasn't the kind of guy who would say what he did to Darlene in that way. Maybe he was just super high but it seemed like he'd had somewhat of a personality change/upgrade.

He said a lot of the weird philosopher stuff after he got thrown in prison by eliot. About how they their destinies were intertwined and they were destined to meet again or something. He's probably back with another scheme that he wants to use eliots hacker skills for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Does the movie have an actual plot though?

• Locked thread