Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
What's going on with the length of this weeks episode? It looks like it's running ~1.5 hours again according to USA's schedule. I checked next week and it's back down to the normal 1 hour. I don't remember seeing anyone talking about tomorrow being another extended episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
My cable box hiccuped a couple of times during the live airing, so when the crashing effects started happening I got super pissed until I realized it was part of the show.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Craig Robinson isn't a patient (he's a staff member) and the theory could still work.
I think the thing that's harder to believe if this was all reality is him getting the journal from the trash. That makes a lot more sense if the Christian meetings take place within the facility.

The show specifically hasn't shown us any other main characters meeting Elliot except for his psych and Gideon and we know how those meetings were odd-looking. I think when his sister shows up it'll be a big moment.

Yeah, the scene at the end in Craig Robinson's (I can never remember the character name) office was kind of telling to me. It looked very similar to the rest of the "house."

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Whelp I guess we were all right about Ray!

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
In the dinner in the street scene he also said "Even you would be there" and they focused on an empty chair. It's pretty clear the 'us' is the tv-viewer.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
This is the loving best thing.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Seriously what if this is the whole episode.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Holy poo poo never did i think I would see that character in Mr. Robot.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Sooo a whole Elliot free episode and it was still real good.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

The Sean posted:

I don't have a link but it is the first scene of episode 4 of this season.

Ha, I did get to watch the new episode late last night. Before I did, I actually starting wondering about another different dumb take on this during my work/school day. I'm kind of wondering if Darlene's actually real and Elliot is a coping mechanism/dissociative identity for her or she's some transgender version of Elliot. In the Mr. Robot origin scene Darlene shows up at Elliot's place and is all "I really need you right now" and is super-stressed but we don't know why. That's when he discloses being locked up for a few days (and going a bit crazy as a result).

For the poster quoting me about laughing at the post I don't really care and I'm just bullshitting around. I kind of forgot about the TV IV forum until recently so I had fun reading people's theories about where Elliot is this season after they had the big reveal (and I liked that one poster was legit thinking Elliot was in jail when guessing that did not seem very likely). But after wondering about the theory I just posted I thought it was cool to see an episode with only Darlene.

So, again, I'm probably wrong but I'm going to fart out some supporting points. Darlene never appears in Elliot's childhood flashbacks or anything. In the first episode Elliot seems to not want to go to Angela's birthday party because of some possible relationship they had in the past--possibly it was a lesbian relationship. See also Elliot's dealer, Shayla, in the first season sleeping with Elliot at one point and then later is making out with Angela. It might also explain why Shayla's dealer (the guy that gets sent to jail) did not seem to think Elliot was a threat in the romantic sense and was fine just chilling out in his tighty-whities. This could possibly be why Gideon in S1E2 tells Elliot "you know I'm (homosexual], right?" (there's a filter on the forums that edits the word g ay) and talks about how his partner feels he is embarrassed about his sexual orientation and should talk about it more; a safe "first try" could be another gay person. Also on this gender/sexuality note, White Rose would support this theme of the show as she is a man while working for the Chinese gov't but expresses herself as a woman while in the White Rose persona. Lastly on that topic, Tyrell is shown to be banging a dude at one point in S1 and gets angry and fires some employees when they're talking about people having gay relations in order to climb the corporate ladder.

In last night's episode Darlene reads out the opening lines of the show that we originally hear from Elliot; to put it another way maybe Elliot is some hacker persona for her to get her revenge on society after getting locked in a server room. If Elliot is Darlene's coping mechanism (or something like that) it kinda makes sense that she gives Elliot a gun in season 1 "in case he needs it" or whatever--that is, maybe Darlene couldn't take it upon herself to shoot someone but would be more confident shooting someone as Elliot or Mr. Robot.

I can't think of anymore supporting evidence right now. Again, I'm probably wrong but this show is a poo poo ton of lies. There's plenty of stuff to poke holes in this line of thinking, surely, but I still find it fun to think about.

The best part about this post was the explanation about Gideon telling Elliot "you know I'm gay, right?"

and you had to go edit it out.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
No, you see Darlene is the female version of Elliot doesn't have to be around. They are just talking to girl Elliot. A few pages back we were talking about who the girl in prison burning stuff was and now we know it was actually Elliot the whole time, just trans-gendered female Elliot in jail.

Elliot -> Elli -> El -> Le -> Darle -> Darlene.

It's so obvious now.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

The Sean posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure Elliots not supposed to tell his mom and Darlene isnt mentioned (Darlene = Elliot, lol) .

Mr Robot posted:

I'm sick, Elliot. That's what they're telling me. For a while now. I've been trying to keep it from everybody. Your mom, Darlene, work, you.

Can we stop this nonsense now?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I finally got around to watching Stranger Things this week and finished it Tuesday night. Wednesday's Mr. Robot episode was a little unsettling when the brownouts started.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Was there anything super important between Dom and FBI guy talking about the 2 trillion dollars and the first commercial break? I had to stop for a moment to gently caress around with my cable box because I had no sound and I think I missed at most a minute or two in my recording.

Probably going to re-watch tomorrow anyway but just wondered.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Why couldn't we get a double episode tonight I don't want to wait any longer.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
There are a shitload of things to wrap up in the final episode unless they're going to leave us hanging for season 3. I don't mind end of episode cliffhangers, but major season cliffhangers blow.

I have a feeling they'll pull it off, though.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I think most of the science fiction theorizing stems from Whiterose and her secret project at the Washington plant. We've seen plenty of theories grounded in reality, but unless I missed something none of them touch what Whiterose has going on in that plant or why Elliot's dad and Angela's mom died "for the greater good."

The only problem I have with the taking over or destroying the crypto currency is the Dark Army is involved, thus Whiterose is involved, and I don't think she would benefit much from that. Of course we still need to know what she holds so dear at that plant to be sure.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
The episode description also mentions Darlene. I'm assuming the description is the same for part 1 as part 2.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
They briefly mentioned Trump running for president last season, so it's sometime in 2015 then. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw Trump in next season and have a ball with it.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Not to mention forgetting whether or not you told someone something that you've talked to a lot wouldn't be out of place for someone that isn't mentally ill.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Irving is lying to her to sell her

This. We've already seen several instances of Irving being incredibly manipulative and a great liar. I'm pretty certain we can't trust anything he says to the other characters.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
JESUS gently caress that was good.

geeves posted:

Jesus. How much of this was a single shot?

I read an interview with Esmail this morning that said it was 30 shots over nine days in several locations very carefully stitched together. Hopefully this behind the scenes thing that is about to show has some cool insight into it.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
So all the time travel stuff was just Elliot reversing 5/9 and "going back in time." I love it.

And I thought that was Vera at the end, but it's been so long since I've seen him or heard his voice I wasn't 100% sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Maybe I've missed something, but can someone give an example of when Whiterose has been portrayed as a "Super Genius?"

She's certainly been portrayed as a rich, powerful, very eccentric person. We've also seen lately that she can become quite unhinged, and I believe Irving mentioned something about it in the last episode.

Imagine you are meeting with someone, their watch beeps and then they tell you you are out of time and walk away. You would definitely think that person is a little odd, if not straight up crazy.

• Locked thread