Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cochise
Sep 11, 2011

adrenaline_junket posted:

No idea what the chinese webcam hack was about though? I was half expecting it to be Elliot spying on that guy from work because hes a cheating douche.

I have a feeling the webcam hack has to do with that other group Mr. Robot mentioned to Elliot. He brought them in to help take down the Chinese side of the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Max Hammer posted:

This show is loving amazing and that is why I need to force myself to stop watching now, so they don't ruin it for me. Good job with the show, I'm done with it. I love it, and never watching it ever again. Or maybe I already have watched it and I just forgot? poo poo! Tell me you're seeing this too?

:stare:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

If he is alive his daughter probably called him to tell him Elliot wasn't well and forgot she was his sister AGAIN.

What if.... everything is part of Elliot's treatment. Like Mr. Robot and Darlene are trying to help him work through his poo poo and he's imagining all of the hacker stuff, but what's really happening is he's working at his normal job and living his life. Everything else is in his head and we're seeing it all play out in his mind. Perhaps he'll eventually snap out of it one day and gain clarity. Like this is going to be the hacker version of Wilfred. :aaaaa:

Or maybe I'm a retard.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Jose posted:

m83 did the oblivion sound track and whatever you think of the film, its an amazing sound track

Seconding this. M83 killed it with that soundtrack. I loved the inclusion in Mr. Robot as well.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

gently caress.

This show is just so drat good.

Harminoff posted:

So guesses at who was at Elliot's door?

Vera! :v:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Elliot just out Tyler Durden'd Mr. Robot. :aaa:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Oh man its not 2 episodes? Its a lovely talk show? God drat you God.

Well that one episode was labeled as two different episodes at like 40ish minutes each. The intermission was the split between episodes.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

timp posted:

Holy poo poo she just said cunty on cable TV.

I just don't get it. gently caress and all variations are censored out but cunty is thrown freely.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

timp posted:

The music on this show is transcendent. It elevates the mood of every scene instead trying to reinforce what's happening on screen.

Absolutely. This nails exactly how I feel. :allears:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

"Back in the age of enlightenment, muhfuckas used chess..."

Never did I expect a sentence to begin like that and still make sense.

shine on Waka Flocka Locke. :allears:

cochise fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 28, 2016

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

timp posted:

Was that the cat lover from Iron Mountain at his fake dinner table?!?

You bet your rear end that was Bill.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Darlene is cold as hell. :stare:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Krime posted:

Was expecting a "Bonsoir, Elliot." At the end there

I actually said that out loud before the window rolled down.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

My crackpot theory about the Washington plant is it's a small scale nuclear weapon production facility selling warheads to the Chinese. That's almost too obvious though.

Not quite sure about that. The Chinese straight up has stolen plans for nuclear weapon systems from the US before. They are capable of making their own materials, but the delivery systems have been the issue. I doubt that the Washington plant has access to something that would normally be at Los Alamos. Then again if it did the Chinese would just walk in and steal it all like they did before. No need to buy it :v:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

That Daft Punk song was oddly fitting at the end.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Now I'm wanting Mr. Robot to go full Sliders.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

tvgm2 posted:

Guys it's not a LHC: that's what's really going on physically in Elliot's head (the camera shot tells all). Plus the show is called Mr. Robot!

:thunk: this makes too much sense

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Angela is Facebook. C'mon guys, keep up.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

That was a pretty good fill in the blanks episode.

Hell yea I fully agree. Was nice to see all the behind the scenes goings on with the Dark Army's plan for Tyrrell.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Somebody should screencap that shot of Darlene torrenting because I think I saw something interesting there.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

T-man posted:

Dom officially queer. :getin:

Alexa was her first love. :colbert:

Angela is cold af.

cochise fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 2, 2017

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

This shot was so great.

https://i.imgur.com/QXFVO4M.gifv

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

This shot looks like it was inspired by Gasper Noe's Enter The Void, and I freaking love it.

:perfect:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Whiteout sniffing super-l337.

It was a Monday, ok? :colbert:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Golashes posted:

I think one of the taskbars he looked at said it was 2015

It's like late September 2015.

d0grent posted:

I'm thinking that this goes beyond vitriol towards price and white rose is making moves to turn China into the one supreme world power.

I still think Whiterose is planning something bigger than just geopolitical realignment.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Wait... was young Angela the same girl that asked current Angela those questions in that room?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

geeves posted:

What episode sparked this time travel/alternate dimensions thinking?
The first episode of this season. Angela was already in agreement with Whiterose being able to undo/reset the world. Then we saw Whiterose in that giant particle collider.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mameluke posted:

If Back to the Future references are part of the time travel theory, I'm pretty sure Angela invites Elliot to get stoned and watch BTTF II in the first episode.

True. She says it was their favorite movie. I didn't even think about that when I posted earlier. :thunk:

maskenfreiheit posted:

China will eventually (10-20 years in the future) be the world's superpower if things continue on their current path

Naw. We're moving back to a multipolar world. Unquestioned hegemony is slowly dying off.

Sci-Fi option: we have a Firefly scenario.

cochise fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 16, 2017

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I know he destroyed the HDD and the RAM, but what did he pull off the mobo with pliers and then microwave?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Ah gotcha. Makes sense.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Skizzzer posted:

i think it was mohammed? i think he said it near the end of the episode

It is. When Elliot was speaking to Tr3nton's father he said it to the kid when him and his mother were at the door.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You would think that the hacker who is analyzing files from another hacker's computer who they suspect is a bad faith actor would maybe do their analysis on an air gapped computer or something instead of attaching it to their entire network but I dunno this is just an international criminal cabal funded by the Chinese government that managed to blow up 71 buildings simultaneously within the united states.

Complacency is always a huge point of failure.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mameluke posted:

Rami's going to have to reshoot a lot of his Freddie Mercury movie now that it's no longer directed by Bryan Singer, which I bet makes any filming this winter challenging.

It's the Queen movie. The Freddie Mercury movie we all want is probably never going to get made because the rest of Queen wants the attention as well.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Fuckin' Vera :stare:

e: once again Esmail picked the perfect ending song. Criminal for Vera's return? c'mon that's too good

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

e: ^^^^^

I guess the reset theory was correct, but in a different way. The 5/9 hack is going to be reversed like it never happened and Vera is back. :v:

oatgan posted:

was he listening to fiona apple

Yes, that was the end of Criminal.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone notice the picture of Putin all over the wall at the end as Darlene walked by? Pretty deliberate gently caress you to Putin courtesy of Esmail. He really really hates that picture and had it banned.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

did I miss a post credits scene
check if you want
After the short credits there was a sequence with Darlene walking with a hooker as they talked (I think they just met as Darlene got off the train). A car almost runs them over at a crosswalk and kind of lingers as they walk away. They walk a bit and talk, mostly about the 5/9 hack/e-corp and how capitalism is hosed. They get to the stoop outside of Elliot's apartment and the hooker bounces as she notices the same car pull up. Like 4 guys get out and walk up to Darlene. The guy in front is Vera.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

precision posted:

edit: not Joey Bada$$, the other guy, the guy handing out CDs in season 1

Cisco? His brains got exposed to air courtesy of the Dark Army at the end of season 2. He's dead as gently caress. The FBI confirmed that earlier this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Tailored Sauce posted:

White Rose is mitochondrial eve and she'll have a time machine because this has all happened before :psylon:

Is Angela Starbuck? :thunk:

• Locked thread