Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Skizzzer posted:

I like the loud soundtrack. IMO, if the show is from Elliot's perspective - which it is - it makes sense that the music is sometimes too loud and drowns everything out.

I feel like yes that's valid but also I want to understand the dialog without my neighbours pounding on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Still playing through the game. That IT tech Henry Cohen is such a useless shithead.

I think my game broke, he hasn't gotten back to me in 23 hours now.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Nullsmack posted:

I noticed something about a room at E-Corp, it's the exact same set as was used for one of the final episodes of Person of Interest.

It's a dangerous path you are walking. Once you start noticing reused set locations across different tv shows it becomes really hard to ignore. There is one country house in particular that has been on almost every show I watch, just staged differently. I can't not see this stuff at this point. Turn back before it's too late!

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

To Vex a Stranger posted:

Second ing this. Been waiting for two weeks to get a response. Tell tale says to wait for an update, I wish I could request a refund.

They patched it, but the patch didn't fix my current save. I restarted for a third time with my clock set back a week and advanced through it in one go. Finally finished. Would have been cool if it worked the first time but it was a huge pain in the rear end the way it was.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Sekenr posted:

Re: exfiltration: will Daniel ever write me back about upgraging Lois' credentials or do I need to tell his kid about prostitutes to advance the plot?

He should get back to you. Don't spill the beans to his kid. It wont help.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

nopants posted:

I don't mind sci-fi or not sci-fi as long as it is well done. I am all for more Twin Peaks type scenes like this last episode. Time travel, replicants, or some other sci-fi thing won't be jumping the shark if that was Esmail's plan all along. Jumping the shark would be if the show was about to get canceled and Esmail then haphazardly inserted some time travel twist to try and save the show. Following a four season plan he's had planned out since the beginning isn't jumping the shark.

I don't have a problem with it either. I keep reminding myself that this started as a movie. Didn't someone in this thread mention that the first season was approximately the first 30 minutes of the movie? If that is the case it would make sense that this season was introducing more questions than answers. I am confident Mr. Esmail will bring everything together coherently in the end.

I suppose it's possible I might not like what it ultimately turns out to be but I expect it to be well planned.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

DaveKap posted:

Bad writing is how. Tell us how Angela's character whiplash makes any sense and we'll stop making up excuses for the bad writing.

Everytime the lights dim a new firmware is being loaded in her mind.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

Yea itd be cool if this season was just full on whatever action/matrix/dark knight stuff. The show cant have many more seasons in it, maybe goes to 4. So press the pedal down and do it, jump through whatever wormhole this thing is gonna jump through

I am pretty sure the show has been planned for 4 seasons from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Mike the TV posted:

White Rose controls people by giving them delusions and alternate personalities. She did it to Elliot as a child, his dad found out and was killed for it, and that's why White Rose trusts Elliot. A project is a machine that will cause similar delusions to the rest of the world. There- SciFi without time travel.

White Rose doesn't control people or travel through time, but can send some information back through time. Anyone who uses that information to change things suffers mental and physical effects as a result. Eliot is more tolerant to those effects than most. Eliot's dad being sick was a new thing, probably related to the plant being the end point for received information. Him keeping it from his family was an attempt to keep his family moving down the same path they did previously, as long as they didn't know the impact would be minimal. When Eliot left him at the theatre it was a bigger divergence than he could handle and he died. White-Roses obsession with time is her attempt to keep as much as possible exactly the same as it was previously as to reduce the negative effects of having that information.

• Locked thread