Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Djarum posted:

Only thing that threw me was as if anyone still in a #sex channel on any IRC server.

Well the alternative would be her rubbing one out to a World of Warcraft RP server or F-List, which is the kind of gritty realism nobody wants to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Le Saboteur posted:

Holy poo poo these credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWe0SM0RUw

Shooting Blanks posted:

I...don't even get the reference.

I only know it from the 2009 TIME person of the year poll when 4chan rigged it to not only have Moot as the person of the year but for the poll results to spell out "marblecake, also the game"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wake_N_Bake posted:

If Breaking Bad was any indication, it seems they get a limited number of un-bleeped "gently caress"s per season. Mr. Robot burned through them in the first episode on my cable USA. And the thing is, it's really distracting as it flows so naturally in the dialogue, the sudden drop outs in speech are very jarring.

I may be wrong, but it's a producers-network-advertiser thing. Which is weird, because in podcast advertising, they try to adopt the culture of the podcast, and embrace that listeners are going to hear "gently caress", yet broadcast is still going the other way around. Are they really afraid of losing the reverse mortgage crowd? Cause they ain't watching this poo poo...

I can't possibly imagine why negotiating advertising with a podcast made and run by like two people would be different than negotiating advertising with a massive entertainment corporation watched by tens of millions of people who are juggling hundreds of contracts worth millions of dollars at once.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
And why don't they just make the entire airplane out of the stuff they make the black box out of, huh? What's the deal with that?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Chadzok posted:

Chess game this episode is same one from Kubrick's 2001.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poole_versus_HAL_9000

Seeing that apparently every single fictional chess game ever is recorded in full on Wikipedia gives me flashbacks to the old edit wars where women writing articles about articles of clothing in fiction and the real world were finding them deleted for being non-noteworthy while geeky male interests had even higher levels of cruft without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Quantum computers are hilarious because so many people spend so much time jerking themselves off about how amazing they're going to be that the just quietly ignore the fact that literally every quantum computer that has ever been built either doesn't work or doesn't do anything regular computers can do. "futurists" are the most gullible motherfuckers out there.

• Locked thread