Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Watched the first episode and thought it was cool. I liked the realistic spin on hacking and just not being all "HACK THE GIBSON FUCKER HACK THE GIBSON!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm getting caught up on this show. Happy "normal" Elliot from Episode 3 is awesome, I just know this a precursor for bad things to happen :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PunkBoy posted:

Speaking of real people showing up in the show, I couldn't wonder if there was some significance of Obama portrait above Elliot and Tyrell during the lunch scene at Steel Mountain.

As someone who was in the military my first thought was Steel Mountain had some sort of military application.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Every time I think I have all the answers, this show changes the questions

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Cactus posted:

I just wish I'd waited to binge on this one because there's tonnes of details I've missed from the whole week-to-week forgetfulness thing. I know I won't watch it again until the next season is finished.

I love binge watching, but I feel like I miss out minor details while binging. What I enjoyed about watching Lost and Breaking Bad was getting on SA and pouring over all the little minor details.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Cactus posted:

Haha, each to their own and all that, but doing exactly that was what almost ruined season 4 of Breaking Bad for me. Remember all that retarded drama about "did Mike shoot Jessie?" For page after page.

Yes there is stupid stuff like "Sharon was stabbed" but for the most part I enjoy the discussion in these threads

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow holy gently caress I did not realize that BD Wong was Whiterose. Man what a show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

It has just occurred to me that the redhead FBI agent is Grace Gummer.

Daughter of Meryl Streep.

Thank you. I couldn't figure out why she looked so familiar and I didn't recognize her name. I didn't bother to look at her Wiki or anything like that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
loving tits this show has been on fire this season.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Shitenshi posted:

All of Joanna's obnoxious wannabe attempts at being a Machiavellian chessmaster and being the scuzziest human being alive blew right the gently caress up in her face. Serves her right.

Now all I need is Price's smug veneer to crack so bad he's reduced to a gibbering Emperor Palpatine type.

That surprised me the most in a very surprising episode.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

So all the rebbits on that episode were made 2 years ago. That's some good foreshadowing. https://www.reddit.com/r/inside_e_corp/

Holy poo poo that's loving nuts

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

HorseRenoir posted:

can Elliot and Tyrell just gently caress already

My ship name is Tyrelliot

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That was a really kick rear end episode! Also DDPs partner is Dark Army! That was a great (though predictable) reveal!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Maelstache posted:

The reference to "the gently caress-up with Berenstain". Apparently a "Project Berenstain" was mentioned last season but I totally missed that. Not sure whether it's a genuine plot point or just a nod to that meme that people won't shut up about because the internet misremembered their childhood for them.

http://mrrobot.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Berenstain

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus loving Christ this show is incredible.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What a loving episode. There are only 2 more left this season right?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mike Danger posted:

Wikipedia says 4

Any speculation about whats left?

Wellick is in custody
Stage 2 went off without a hitch
The Dark Army has everything they want (Congo, Bitcoin, E-Corp being destroyed)
Elliot and Mr. Robot have seemingly made peace with each other

I'm really at a loss of what could still be left, outside of loving alternate dimensions. Whatever is left I'm going to strap the gently caress in and enjoy it!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

geeves posted:

What episode sparked this time travel/alternate dimensions thinking?

Primarily it was the episode where Angela met Whiterose, but there has been other talk throughout the series

maskenfreiheit posted:

Did they? Or was Mr Robot just keeping Elliot busy while the rest of the bombs went off?

O poo poo thats loving cagey if true. I really don't think Mr. Robot knew.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not a music fan, but loving a the music playing during the leadup to Santiago vs Wellick was incredible.

Edit: Goddamn! What a loving episode! Season 2 was a let down, but goddamn Season 3 is hot fire. Every episode is awesome from the acting to the blocking to the music (especially the music). What a show!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 23, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

AceOfFlames posted:

I keep hearing this show is great but it sounds like the most depressing thing ever. How can anyone watch this given all that's going on in the world?

I don't think it's relentlessly depressing. It has its "gently caress Yeah" and "Holky poo poo" moments too!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maybe it's because I enjoy watching this show in altered states but when did Whiterose confirm that she was just loving with Angela about the time travel stuff? I'm sure it was during the scene at Mar-A-Lago but I don't remember that comment being specifically stated.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Blind Rasputin posted:

Why does whiterose need the Congo? I’ve never understood the relevance of that place for the plant.

I've always assumed the Dark Army wants to use the Congo as some sort of haven to protect them from extradition in the outside world.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fried Watermelon posted:

Would they even want to undo the hack though?

I can see Elliot talking to Darlene about it and then bringing in Dom. And then it ends with them being shutdown because Ecorp, the FBI, and Whiterose don't want the hack to be undone.

I suppose they could make it public that things could be reversed, causing more unrest with the public.

Very interested to see where the last few episodes go.

Why don't you think Ecorp wants the hack undone? After the way White Rose treated Price last week undoing the hack would be a huge boon for Ecorp (not to mention the Ecoin).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
God loving drat this show is so loving good. On one hand I hope there isn't any time travel bullshit, but on the other hand it's been teased so hard that at this point it just seems purposeful to gently caress with us.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Dom 100% knows Santiago is the plant. loving hell, I hope she's ok :-O

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

blunt posted:

So, uh, Cisco? I couldn't tell whether or not that was him..

When?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamn. What a loving show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was watching season 2, there is a scene right before Elliot and Mr. Robot play chess where Elliot is fantasizing about a better life. Leon shakes hands with Trenton and Mobely :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I rewatched Season 2 over the last 3 days and outside of Elliots plot I found it to be pretty compelling in a binge watch format.

• Locked thread