Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Some things Johan has clarified in the DD thread that people should probably know:

1) Once they've appeared initially all institutions spread to neighboring provinces, the extra spread factors just speed it up.
2) When you embrace an insitution it instantly spreads to your entire nation.
3) Since most of the world starts with Feudalism it starts at the full penalty for nations that don't.

So basically you don't really have to worry about fulfilling special requirements to get institutions unless you're aiming to be the one to invent it. Once your neighbors have it you'll have it pretty soon.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's part of the patch. Fundamental mechanic changes always are because you can't disable them without breaking the game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Downthread Johan says this is an Art of War-sized expansion.

But not for a few months since most of Paradox takes July off.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Dorkopotamis posted:

For about the last month this game has been hard crashing on me, forcing me to restart my laptop. Event viewer isn't offering me any clues into the matter only recording that an unexpected restart took place. In my current save, the game will very reliably crash after about four months, at which point everything will freeze and the computer will become unresponsive. No bluescreens. I play a few games, EU4 and not coincidentally, Stellaris, are the only games that are remotely unstable.

Where is EU4's crash log and has anyone else been having problems?
Unfortunately if it's taking down your whole laptop the problem is probably rooted in drivers or hardware, the games are just triggering it for whatever reason.

Try completely wiping and reinstalling video drivers, check your temps for overheating, run memtest/cpuburn, etc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Getting a truly miserable bug where my current game crashes every few minutes. It's never done this before, but about 30 minutes ago it started. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm actually doing anything or just durdling around the map while paused - after about 3 minutes the game just closes with no warning signs. My computer is not running hot or anything. Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

I'm particularly sad because this is a hardcore game and probably my most successful Asian campaign ever :(
If it always happens after loading a particular save you should post it on Paradox's bug report forum with the save file.

In the short term, if you don't have another save from that campaign that works you're probably out of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ages seem like a good replacement for the now almost vestigial (aside from the historical ones) mission system.

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah, adding more objectives for players is cool but I would really like Paradox to tweak existing mechanics rather than adding whole new ones. The last thing EU4 needs right now is more complex systems and UI elements.
There has to be new features to justify paid DLC, and without the DLC the budget for patches is much smaller. In the past people have reacted very poorly when anything that could possibly be characterized as a fix for an existing system was included in DLC.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 13, 2016

• Locked thread