Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I use a very "pro" setup like this:

code:
Q: Terrain
W: Political
E: Trade
R: Diplomatic
T: Religious
Y: Institutions
U: Culture
I: Unrest
O: States & Territories
P: Estates
The five are the default, I think, and the others are the ones I use the most. That's all there is to it.

Shiba are morons. They had swallowed up almost all of Japan with only one other vassal remaining, who were allied with them, when they declared an independence war against the shogun but for some reason they just gave up and settled for white peace. It let me snipe a couple of provinces with no problem and in their second war for freedom I was able to take two more and this time they actually managed to click the correct button in the peace deal and get free. And then I vassalized the former Shogun when the truce ended. Suck it, you're never uniting Japan now you baka butts. You can cry and complain as much as you like but you can't touch me with the monarch point draining overpowered broken monster with unlimited manpower, money and mercs next door protecting me from any wars.

Playing as Korea, again, despite that I could just have gone with a second Ainu run but it would probably have been too easy. Nice and relaxing though.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I randomly got a message saying that the HRE had collapsed due to a lack of eligible nations to become emperor, and then a few decades later the fog lifted:

Looks like France and Castile got devoured.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Let's see... Pretty much everyone north of Austria, Milan and Savoy are protestant. Welp.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Groogy posted:

Eh well for one we are not allowed to disclose exact numbers and it is a lot more "dangerous" to reveal even hints about how it is going since we became publicly traded because of regulations. Which is probably why you see it a lot less.
I should be able to say though I hope: Both EU4 and CK2 are doing real good still after all these years :agesilaus:
They're still a lot of fun to play. At least EU4 is, I don't have CK2 so I can't tell. :v:

gently caress Ming

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The harmonizing mechanic for Confucianism is amazing. It even encourages you to go humanism so revolts are never happening outside of events that directly spawn them regardless of what you do (it almost becomes boring to be honest). But mostly I just really enjoy making every religion the true faith. Gotta go on mad conquest to catch them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In my Korea game a massive blobbing Bengal covering almost a third of India got tributary CB declared on and all of their allies came charging in to defend them from Ming. Instant KO. A few ten thousands dying of attrition in the jungles? Who cares? Half of them are magically conjured mercenaries from the void and the rest are reinforcements being instantly teleported across the Himalayas because that's not a difficult supply route in any way.

I am untouchable. No one can declare war on me. It's like I've activated a cheat to prevent the AI from doing anything beyond defending itself.

• Locked thread