Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

As one of those guys with 100% achievement completion, I really like the new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
From ddrjakes stream:
-if you annex a nation while they still have units these units will turn into separatists.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Another Person posted:

If I form the Netherlands and choose the Dutch Republic while having a PU over another nation, will I retain my PU or will it disappear? As Burgundy I pressed a claim to the throne of a fairly strong Provence and won, but am one province away from forming the Netherlands. I've never had a situation like that before, so I have no idea what would happen. I would just try it out for a laugh and savescum it, but I have started doing ironman runs now, and this is a really funny run which I don't want to be ruined by me experimenting about.

The dutch republic goverment form allows for royal marriages and pu's so you can form the netherlands without a problem.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
A lot of Patchnotes: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-1-14-full-patch-notes.893380/

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

RIP Jewthiopia and Zoroastimmy.

You can still let heathen religious rebels convert you, so these two are still possible.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Tercio posted:

Forts are nice and boogered up too when a bordering enemy fort prevents me from moving within my own state.

1.14 changelog posted:

- Forts now have ZOC over any country's provinces (but only flip your own) meaning they can block enemy movement through friendly & neutral land. Movement through a country's own provinces cannot be blocked if a fort from that country is protecting those provinces.
Thats how its supposed to work now.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

I'm trying to do an Ideas Guy run in the random new world but I've hit a bit of a snag. The income from a 3 development province is too low to afford colonies. So am I supposed to start near native opm, gobble them up one by one and then start colonising? Or is there some other method I'm overlooking?

Set your colonial growth slider halfway and grow solely from colonist ticks. You should have enough money for that and in the beginning the settler growth is almost negligible anyways. Just be wary of the -settlers from tropical/arid/arctic.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Poil posted:

How do I end the Plutocratic Coup disaster? It helpfully says it will end "when the Burghers have been curtailed", what does that mean? Am I waiting for an event to trigger or does the influence have to drop below a certain value?

You need to enact a decision to end the disaster.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

TTBF posted:

Thinking of trying a First Come First Serve run, but running into a roadblock before I even begin. I'm decent at seeing the ideas that a country has and figuring out what to do with them. I can't do the reverse. I have no idea where to even begin when it comes to picking ideas and when to place them.

I went with this for my run (which is progressing well enough). With just 50 points you don't have much to work with ideas wise. Monthly WE/ monthly autonomy /yearly inflation are just really good in general and the two army tradition improvements are good for their cost compared to say 5% morale or 2.5% discipline.The rest I'm not that happy with, especially the development/idea cost reductions have been very inconsequential.

I've since noticed that the achievement doesn't actually check if you start western or not so If I would do things over I'd start with something like this:

Going for inti, nahuatl or mayan to get the colonist from their religion and start as mesoamerican to save points for colonist as starting idea. Would speed up colonizing with the downside that you have to deal with that difficult moment when the europeans arrive and you westernize. But if you have previously played as a native that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

You could also start with muslim/indian/chinese tech and get the starting colonist. I don't think the mesoamerican religions work with those tech groups but you'd get exploration/expansion faster.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Deport The Irish posted:

Another Bug: The game just keeps randomly taking out loans for no reason. Got hundreds of ducats in the bank and it's claming I'm in debt and takes out another loan. Jesus loving Christ paradox get at least one playtester before you release poo poo. Just loving one.

There is a notification now whenever your loan gets renewed (it used to just silently do it). Not a bug.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

Also Merchant Republics have a unique CB that they can use on any other Merchant Republic so there is room for some shenanigans there as you can snipe Ragusa, Venice, or Genoa from anywhere within your coring range.

edit: Are there any cultures with unique benefits to keep in mind when designing custom nations?

Japanese is the best culture because some japanese events only check for culture. Including one that fires after 1600 and gives a permanent -2 unrest, -10% stab cost and -5% idea cost modifier.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think there might be something to the claim that the AI is a bit more blob-happy. This is entirely the work of the AI, as I let the game run in observe mode.

What are the alliances in this game? In my silesia game I had a spanish/french/austrian superblob alliance. They never really troubled me but took all challenge from the game when poland stupidly decided to contest france getting a pu over austria. With predictable results.

But I can see how the trust changes would result in AI Hugboxes that steamroll everything.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

super fart shooter posted:

1.17 patch is out.

Looks like it's got a "take capital" wargoal, but no cost reduction. But "show strength" is a peace term that costs 100 warscore, costs the loser 20 prestige, and gives the winner 100 of each monarch power, plus the same power projection effects as humiliate. Is that a new peace term? I don't think I've seen that before

Show strength was the peace term of the weird humiliate cb between bordering native american opms. I don't think it ever had a real use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Thanks to whoever posted about the 1.20 statistics glitch. I converted my on-track third way attempt into the world's laziest one faith run. It took awhile

I expected it to take long but I still underestimated how long CN's take to convert.

• Locked thread