Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

fake edit: Never mind, apparently my ironman save disappeared into the cloud somewhere so that run is down the drain. All of my other saves show up though. Guess I just won't take the mission next time and not bother vassalizing them.

real edit: Just tried starting another game, exiting to the menu and then loading it again and the save is also missing. Great.

If you start a new game and try to use the same name, it'll ask you if you want to overwrite, so the save is still there somewhere. I'm having the same bug, I can never resume an ironman game, because my available save list is always blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wiz, since you're working on a patch, can you make it default (so we don't have to edit common/countries/*.txt) to have army/fleet names auto-set by the province they are created in? Right now, changing that means changing the checksum, which is fine for a single player mod, but breaks everything else.

Just adding these to every country file that doesn't already have a $PROVINCE$ definition in it would do the trick.

army_names = {
"Army of $PROVINCE$"
}
fleet_names = {
"$PROVINCE$ Fleet"
}

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jackson Taus posted:

So as Castile, I vassalized Navarra and they ate a bunch of Aragon and 2 southern French provinces. But then of course I got the Iberian wedding. Is it worth breaking vassalization on Navarra, punching half of Aragon out of them, and then re-vassalizing in a second war, just to save a few hundred point integrating? I'm thinking no, but this is really annoying.

If you're going to do that, just give all of Navarra to Aragon. That way when you hit the button to turn into Spain, you'll get all the cores for free.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Also, Florence/Tuscany can now choose to elect a de Medici on election, who doesn't cost RT and has random stats. Awesome. Although he died and I didn't get the option so maybe that's a one time thing I missed out on.

He's always a 3/2/1 ruler, and you have to remain Florence:

code:
	option = {
		name = "elections.700.e"	# We need a Medici to rule us
		trigger = { tag = LAN }
		ai_chance = { factor = 90 }
		define_ruler = {
			mil = 3
			adm = 2
			dip = 1					
			fixed = yes
		}
		if = {
			limit = { 
				has_faction = mr_aristocrats 
			}
			add_faction_influence = {
				faction = mr_aristocrats
				influence = 10
			}				
		}
		if = {
			limit = { 
				has_faction = mr_guilds 
			}
			add_faction_influence = {
				faction = mr_guilds
				influence = 10
			}				
		}			
	}

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Obliterati posted:

All of a sudden getting to be a Free City as Lucca is looking like a poisoned chalice.

It only applies to Latin culture group countries (that aren't Italy), so you need to either change cultures (and presumably find a way to re-gain Free City status), or just form Italy.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Poil posted:

Cheating with the console has an amazing ability, you can force the Abolish Slavery event on a province to make it produce unknown trade goods and effectively reroll the crappy gold into something more useful, like grain or wool.

If you're going to do that, just fire the event that creates whatever trade good you want.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

I still wish client states were available much sooner or from the start. They're too fun to put off to the second half of the game. Easy to mod, I guess, but still....

Yeah, they should be in from the start imo. Luckily, it's a really easy change as you said.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Can you change this for a game in progress?

Yes, maybe. The change is simple. But making the change will change your checksum, so any online ironman game you are doing won't load.

To change it, you simply edit common/technologies/dip.txt, and move the line "allow_client_states = yes" from tech 23 to tech 0. And of course it's best to do this by creating a mod for it instead of editing your base files.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

It's a bad idea to fall behind on Military tech, though.

It's only a bad idea if you're at war, and even then you can usually get away with being behind if you're not the focus of the war. There is absolutely no harm with being behind in mil tech if you're not actively fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I think what he's saying is that countries that live predominantly in jungle regions shouldn't have a penalty to colonizing jungle provinces like everyone else does.

It was that way in EU3, not sure why it changed.

• Locked thread