Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L0VE
May 3, 2010
I was actually considering staying as a Tribal Democracy when doing a Busoga play through and not reforming into a republic, since the primitive government forms don't get the absolutism penalty. Realized I had the wrong difficulty enabled about 100 years in so I started a horde game instead. But really, I think a balancing pass for all government types would be healthy for the game, maybe Iqta is good with Cradle of Civilization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0VE
May 3, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

What gets loving annoying is when you don't want anything to do with China but they have random tributaries in India for some reason and you have absolutely no benefit to gain from taking China on directly so you just kind of sigh and pretend that OPM doesn't exist any more.

Yea this made me quit a Garhwal run where I was en route to unify India, but there was this tiny little Ming tributary with no other allies. So I figure, what the hell, I'm stronger than Ming, I'll just stackwipe their armies until I can peace out for the land. Now, I play on Very Hard so I'm fine with the AI getting bonuses (and Ming should be powerful, sure), but holy loving poo poo. Ming ran out of manpower within a year and then recruited 100 000 mercenaries (yes literally 100 loving merc stacks) and kept sending them to die. To defend this Indian minor Ming lost more than half a million soldiers, which is the point where I quit the run. I could've invaded Ming, siege them down and taken their stuff, but my goal was just to unify India, and get the fort achievement.

Maybe my problem is more with mercenaries and all out war for allies in war, but I think everyone knows something needs to be done tbh.

L0VE
May 3, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Yeah, I personally would like it to be something like a mandatory Condottiere. That way the amount of force that they can send is limited, and is a small increase for a powerful nation, but a very welcome power boost for a small nation. It would make large nations more likely to break the tributary status, and would make conquering smaller tributaries something that can happen without Ming sending endless waves of men.

This seems like a great idea if they could get it to work. Allies in general could probably do with only being called in this way for CB's like Diplomatic Insult, Trade War/Conflict and Humiliate Rival, where occupying 80% of 3+ nations provinces isn't really reasonable in relation to your demands.

• Locked thread