Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Dreylad posted:

You don't lose them. You're stuck with the new 999 cap but you wont lose any banked points after westernization finishes.

I'm pretty sure as soon as anything happens to change the amount of monarch points you have it gets reset to 999. You get one action (or a month tick) to get it below 999 or you loose whatever is left over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does anyone have any good Let's Players they would recommend? I think my favorite so far to watch is Marbozir, I think his series are really well done, and he has a wonderful Polish accent. I've watched some Quill18 and I think he is ok too. I watched part of a series by Anumbra and thought that was ok as well.

DDRJake is the best one in my opinion. He was so good at finding and exploiting bugs in his playthroughs that he got hired at Paradox.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Jackson Taus posted:

(to spell it out in case the previous posts are opaque)

The Big Blue Blob achievement requires you to own 100 cores as France by 1500. The easiest way to do that is low-development provinces outside of the HRE because they're cheaper to core and also less likely to result in coalition. Scandinavia is the best choice for that reason.

Mamluks could also work. Would have the added benefit of being distant oversees so super cheap coring on top of their poo poo development.

Edit: oh wait they have to be in Europe. Never mind

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Arrath posted:

Are event outcomes determined when the window pops up to deter save scumming? Rag on me all you want, but as Castile I've had a ruler languishing in Regency for a decade now and at 12yrs old I get the event that he's ill. I can either pay for 50% chance or pray for 75% chance of death. Of course, the replacement heir if he dies is a newborn so I'd be hosed into another stretch of Regency. That council of dickheads is tanking my legitimacy and I just want for go ahead and diplomatically form Spain for the first time. :negative:

I've tried reloading, advancing a bit of time before choosing, and closing and opening the program again. So far the dude is dead as a doornail every time.

Honestly, if you're willing to savescum you're way to that just use a console command to kill your ruler until you get an adult.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yashichi posted:

If you take Malta there's an event with a 10 year MTTH that lets you release them in Malta. You have to be at peace, be independent, and not have your capital in Malta. It only fires once per country but if you haven't had it before you're fine.

e: The bigger worry is the Livonian Order who have no primary culture cores and also no event to bring them back.

You're able to culture convert any province to any neighboring province's culture. So, as long as you get a line of province's to some Prussian land you can culture convert all the way up to livonian land and resurrect them.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I believe even this is not true as LO does not own any land that has its Primary Culture at game start, so once they are gone I think they are gone forever.

Yes.

You can change the culture of the provinces which have their cores. You just need to get them to border Prussian cultured lands, which isn't too hard seeing as they border Prussian lands.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The next patch will add provinces which will 100% break saves. So go hog wild with whatever you're working on now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This can't be right: I'm getting a defensive call to arms from Austria, and apparently the fact that this puts me at war with Savoy which I have a truce with, means I lose 5 stability. The call to arms of course doesn't mention this. Seems a bit harsh.

Do you have mil access with anyone that you're at war with now?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

ImPureAwesome posted:

Is there a new strategy for fighting naval battles? I'd like to invade England as the Dutch but I don't know enough about what's changed

Naval battles now have width rather than positioning. That means you no longer want one doomstack of ships but want enough heavies/galleys to fill up your width entirely with nothing else.

Maybe a few extra heavies to replace losses, but every ship lost causes a ripple effect in moral to all other ships in the battle making going too far over the width limit pretty pointless since after a while the extra ships will run before even fighting.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

ImPureAwesome posted:

Okay, so if I split my stack to chain reinforce/chase like land units, I should be good?

Probably.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

fr: a way to tell how many days are in a month because i am a huge moron who has hosed up because june has 30 days and not 31 god dammit

Here's a rhyme.

Thirty days have September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have 31,
Except for February, that's the one.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Here's a diplo screenshot from a Goon multiplayer game for a war that has gone on for 8 hours, and 25 in-game years.

Austria and Prussia are only now starting to collapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

alcaras posted:

Who are the humans in that screenshot?

Spain, Russia, France, Ottoman, Egypt, Prussia, Austria.

You also have Norway, Japan, and India as players who are not (directly) in the war. Though Japan has sent condat to help Spain and I (India) have been paying off the German and Austrian debts.

Pictured: the money France paid me to clean up some of their rebels in Asia which then then my finance minister snuck into Austria to pay off their 12k debt.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread