Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Any tips on how to integrate the Teutonic Order diplomatically as Poland? I took the mission to vassalize them because the rewards were good, and now have the mission to integrate them but they apparently still hate me even with +200 relations because of a 50% liberty desire for being historical rivals. I Have a diplo rep adviser, have relations improved to the max and tried to placate the local ruler in the new subject interface but that seems to run out pretty quickly. I haven't integrated Moldavia yet, could their forcelimits be pushing the liberty desire over the edge that much?

fake edit: Never mind, apparently my ironman save disappeared into the cloud somewhere so that run is down the drain. All of my other saves show up though. Guess I just won't take the mission next time and not bother vassalizing them.

real edit: Just tried starting another game, exiting to the menu and then loading it again and the save is also missing. Great.

Gravity Cant Apple fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Unfortunately it looks like that guy did it on purpose. Still funny though.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

skasion posted:

Expanded Native Tribes II does this. It's surprisingly bad for performance on my machine though, it really noticeably slows down a 1444 start. Not sure if there's some special reason or if it's just struggling with the extra load. It's decent though.

I don't like some of the decisions he makes with that mod, namely the Iroquois Confederacy being split into its component parts with no events or missions to push the Confederacy into forming. This leaves all of the tribes to migrate all over the place and never be strong enough to subjugate any of the others.

Combined with the fact that the Confederacy almost certainly existed at the start of the game it's a decision that doesn't make sense. I'm Mohawk so it bothers me more than it should.

My dream mod would be one that fills the Americas with tribes like it should be at the start, then after European contact diseases sweep eastward with a chance of entirely depopulating provinces, greatly reducing development, wiping out entire tribes (disabled for the player), etc. Maybe have certain actions the player can take to reduce effects of disease. Then the post-apocalyptic migration thing can occur, with potentially completely different tribal populations each game, potentially much weaker or stronger than OTL.

Really I wish that's what Paradox did in the first place, considering how big of an effect disease had on the Americas and how it isn't modeled at all in-game. I mean there was a city located where St Louis is now that had a bigger population than London during the same time period. Enough people died that one of the accepted theories about the cause of the Little Ice Age was the reforestation that happened after an entire continent worth of people died. You could even add events on other continents regarding famines from global cooling leading to increased revolt risk a set number of years after all of the natives die out.

Maybe in EU5.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've read a few generalized books on this kind of topic but never heard of that theory - are you saying that the theory is that so many people died that more trees started to grow where there was once fields of crops, that enough carbon was pulled out of the atmosphere that the planet cooled off enough to cause the Little Ice Age? Also I guess if that many people died, there are that many fewer fires releasing carbon and whatnot.

Yeah, contrary to the pop culture view of Native Americans all being nature loving hippies they did a lot of controlled burning to clear land for agriculture. I love reading the accounts of settlers being all "It's like God made this land for us, there are already crops growing in rows!"

If the theory is correct, then you have an interesting situation where all of the Native Americans dying caused the famines that led to the unrest that erupted into the French Revolution. That plus French debt from helping the Americans during their revolution means that America is doubly to blame for Napoleon.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

I was playing as Bengal this morning, trying to test out the AE mechanics as a Ming tributary. I took land from Pegu and Ava and the tooltip told me that only Ava would be mad enough at me to form a coalition. I thought that would be a good way to see if it made people mad at Ming or at me.

Turns out that the tooltip completely lied and the entirety of Southeast Asia formed a coalition and declared war on me within the year. I've never had the coalition tooltip be wrong to this extent before, has anyone else had a similar issue?

I did notice that there was a small update this morning (~7MB), did they try to hotfix the Ming AE bug and create an entirely new one?

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

oddium posted:

- AI subjects can no longer refuse to take land that their overlord gives them in peace deals. This excludes Tributaries (based on is_voluntary).

Best change, so sick of needing extra wars because a vassal won't take land that they should want and won't transfer occupation back to you.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

AnoHito posted:

I'm pretty sure they already switched it so you can transfer occupation away from your subjects. At least that's how it has been working for me.

Huh, didn't know they did that. Still annoying when you don't want to core the land yourself though.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm playing Ottomans (w/o the weird China DLC) allied with France and Poland. Of course France got their dumb asses in a "war of honor" with half the HRE, so I've been intervening. Austria is the enemy warleader and interestingly the Austrian AI sent most of its stacks to France where they have been fighting the French for over a year, so even though I control Austria and Hungary, the Austrian Netherlands are still churning out dudes to fight France, and I would be risking a lot by sending a doomstack that way. One novel thing is that Poland also hates Austria so they lent me a condottieri 20-stack for free, which amounts to the Polish basically just invading Austria but I get the credit, nice!

Anyway I haven't managed to crush The Enemy Armies and I don't think I'll be able to, so I'm trying to figure out if France will give me any land in the peace deal. Warscore is like 70% now but I only have 20% of that (despite occupying Hungary and "mainland" Austria!) so I might backstab France by peacing out for a couple provinces. Would this just lower France's trust (which is pretty high already) or would it cause France to possibly break our alliance? I have a lot of AE so the Euro allies are super important to hang onto.

Have you marked the provinces as provinces of interest? they will be more likely to give you land if you do that, otherwise they might not know that you're interested in it.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

Dance Officer posted:

So I've recently been trying for Gothic Invasion.

My last attempt, before it went downhill. Spent a ton of money on spawning rebels in Muscovy, which went into a death spiral. Then I jumped on and grabbed a bunch of territory. Then Hungary declared on me, and I accidentally clicked bankruptcy instead of raise wartaxes :shepicide:

Sounds like a good time for the game to mysteriously crash.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

I've been slowly playing through a First Come, First Serve run since the 0 cost Siberian Frontiers and was planning on trying to do For Odin! at the same time, but I wasn't playing very aggressively because filling out the Americas and beating up colonial nations is still very tedious and I was running speed 5 the whole time. I just got First Come, First Serve, but now it's around 1760. I have footholds in Spain and the Netherlands to easily attack Great Britain and Scandinavia and can beat them up easily, but am I too late to convert all their land to Norse? I can easily start a new game to try again outside of America, I just don't want to waste my time as there isn't much time left in the campaign. I have 2 missionaries and religious ideas.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

Government Handjob posted:

I've been trying to get a cheevo round going, aiming for the four custom nation ones (for Odin, first come first serve, humble origins and ideas guy) but I'm having some difficulty getting a good start.
I think I'm not going about it the right way, but the discussions I find by googling are all outdated or incoherent, so if anyone has tips for national ideas and starting strategies I'm all ears

(I have all dlc save third Rome)

Buy Third Rome, roll back to when Siberian Frontiers for custom nations still cost 0 points, start in Panama, profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

skasion posted:

Unfortunately if they let the emperor do this in EU4 it would probably always be the best move to do it day 1 as Austria and just go apeshit on the German minors.

Could gate it behind Ages, but only for the emperor?

• Locked thread