Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Chump Farts posted:

I wish I knew more about finances in this time to know if historical nations were nearly willing to go as in debt or merc'd up as in EUIV.

wringing the last penny out of your last friend to pay the last german to die in a miserable siege in service of your everwar is extremely 1600s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

fair should be fair - similarly all of europe should be kept up to date on the goings-on in the Middle Kingdom. is Dai Viet paying its dues? inquiring minds need to know

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I would like a "just win this war for me please" button that automates your armies if you outnumber your enemies by a factor of ten or more

automated neighbor suppression

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

IMO it should scale to fort level. 50 mil is pretty steep for a mere level 1 fort.

if a level 1 fort is modern paying full price for it is only fair and if it's out-of-date it's gonna be pretty quick to siege down anyway (certainly nothing that Emperor Louis-Mehmet II von Habsburg would bother with overseeing himself)

but at four years maintenance of a mil policy per use it's still pretty expensive. i could see using it for especially important up-to-date chokepoint forts maybe. i suppose that's what it's for.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

IAmThatIs posted:

1 Privateering is actually super powerful, I've never used it before but now I'm in love. I've stolen more than 200 ducats from a single spanish treasure fleet! Also, it lets you get money from a rich node without having to dedicate a merchant and lose your transfer boniiiii

how do you use privateering effectively? just stick a bunch of light ships on the richest trade node that isn't being patrolled?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

...Why Zeeland?

because rome stretched all the way up there? same logic as why you need cairo, fez, wien, etc

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Elotana posted:

Pretty sure Rome never had the Azores

since it's part of iberia in EU4 it just gets included with "has region: iberia" :shrug:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

religious still has some drat good mil policies

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Star posted:

Hellooooooo Russia!

so, uh, how long is it gonna take to march from moscow to warsaw? asking for a corsican friend

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

It gets weird when your heir is 34, succeeds, and then his heir is 28.

really weird explanation for what might be going on here: the first guy is succeeded by his brother.

freaky i know.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

That is freaky because it accurately predicts that he won't have any kids of his own

if only the pope would let him get a divorce from his clearly infertile wife :henry:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

This is a nice buff; it used to be +0.25 liberty desire per development regardless of the vassal's size, effectively limiting how big you could make a vassal. Capping it at 500 development lets you feasibly grow a vassal forever. It also makes reducing liberty desire via the development system even better (because developing a province gives a huge reduction but also a small increase, since the vassal now has +1 development)

doesn't it just change it to +0,2 lib desire per development?

still nice though

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Godlovesus posted:

:/ DDR Jakes suggestion sounds good on paper but never considers the problem of cycling mandates? Like what if one person beats out another of the mandate after they gain it. All that means is a bunch of asians all being terrible with extra dmg and national unrest everywhere....

if a game has china going all warring states 2.0 the countries involved probably should be in terrible shape

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Holy balls, it changes the game a lot. Favors seem to accumulate at a snail's pace, and no one will move, even to attack a hated rival, if you don't have any. I'm told the accrue over time, by giving allies land, and by fighting in their wars. Do you have to flip occupied territories to them or not to get the favors? I've seen both things being alleged.

you get one favor every year unless the other guy is stronger than you, so it's not that bad. so if you want france to fight a war for your OPM, you'll have to be their buds for a good while - but partnering up, say, austria with hungary will let you double-team some sucker every decade.

you only need to give your ally land if you promised them land in the wardec. giving them more than they're owed gets you some extra favors but i haven't found that functionality to be terribly useful.

Sephyr posted:

Also, the estates are a nice addition. Is there a downside to just partitioning your whole territory over to them? Should I keep some in reserve to appease factions due to random events? About to try my first Brandenburg Run on order to get the Germany achievement.

it raises minimum autonomy by 25%, and it increases the faction's influence which is a two-edged sword - on the one hand their bonuses get bigger, which is real nice, but on the other hand so do the penalties if you piss them off. and if they go over 80 influence they will start a real annoying disaster.

i usually just give them the minimum they'll tolerate and recruit as many half-price ministers as i can get my mitts on.

Prav fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 10, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i had a game where my majapahits managed to snag Colonialism... in 1538. i have no idea what europe was up to that game, but it obviously wasn't colonizing.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

take out your own loans to pay their loans and then make them bleed for you

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

StealthArcher posted:

Regicide is a moral good and monarchies should blow.

my monarchies kill off princes by the dozen

it's really a highly meritocratic system

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

france: belligerent drunk with a knife
austria: h-hey now we're all friends here

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd just leave those where they are, maybe add one in qena.

like yeah you could move them around but they're good enough that several hundred ducats worth of mercs will kill more ottomans for you.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they don't seem to like you very much

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

An unmaintained fort basically does not function in any capacity.

i'd add that an unmaintained fort can be a bit of a security risk since the enemy can start using it if they occupy the province - which is obviously very easy for them to do if the fort is unmanned.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

my man i think you just reinvented states

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Definitely do it. The Roman Empire's colour is a hideous fluorescent purple.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Perhaps they can take Crusader Kings further down that path instead.

that would certainly make the risk of getting your character blinded properly fearsome

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sailors is the best of those, since you can safely ignore it completely.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

I'm glad for army tradition and army professionalism to be two entirely different and completely unrelated statistics

i look forward to the day when every stat-concept has been split in two. we're almost there!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the distance rule should probably be visualized in game somehow since it's so important

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

aww and here i was looking forward to building a million light ships and peacefully spreading the prophet's word to literally everywhere

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you only have a dozen galleys isn't it easier to do it manually anyway

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Fintilgin posted:

So... is the the new Mamluk strategy to grab some Chinese culture provinces ASAP? I assume they have the highest total development in the world...

i imagine it's total development you own

and if you own china and egypt at the same time you're doing p. well regardless.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Perhaps we will get a globe.

let's try to keep out hopes within the realms of possibility

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

can't wait to play eu5 using some goofy-rear end projection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i mean it's a protection racket, right? nice country, shame if something were to happen to it

• Locked thread