Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Quick jump in. Is there a mod that adds simple tradegoods like livestock without adding 3 million new provinces and splitting grain up for some loving retarded reason

hopefully it's something Paradox will add like tropical wood.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Also Europa Gooniversalis is completely dead right?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Last Emperor posted:

Nope.

Sammut/Trujillo has been working on Multiplayer Europa Gooniversalis right up until the last patch, it's pretty much how we always played our big MP games.

It's obviously not updated to work with Common Sense yet but Dibujante and I will be taking over its development now and basically rebuilding it from the ground up.

ah. cool. divided china is real fun.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Guildencrantz posted:

So apparently this is what happens when you destroy Poland-Lithuania and bring peace to Eastern Europe as best bros forever with Russia.

The Crocodile Hunter in this timeline would be amazing.

All of the mines are russia

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

drat, that sucks. I'll probably try to cheat around this. PS how do I find out my TAG when I'm a custom nation?

I could release them then diplo-annex them with yesman cheat I think.

Debug mode in the console shows tag and prov ids

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 11, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I was looking through the achievements and saw one about getting a female monarch, how is that determined?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is extended vanilla experience alright?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

A conceptual question. Im Persia and I own basically all of the Persia and Basra nodes. My capitals in isfahan. Should I be collecting or transferring in Basra? Should my trade port be Basra or Persia?

Edit: oh picture above reminded me, is improving provinces base stats only in common sense?

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 17, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I started a Bengal game and for some reason I'm getting huge peasant revolts despite having 0 war exhaustion an 2 stability. Like I'm getting 35 unit stacks

I don't think it's religious is it? Most my provinces are Sunni already

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

I wish we could get ideas for North African countires. Berber ideas are really weak and bad.

NI that add core cost for people are lame

Also I'd sorta like for there to be an idea that lowers the accepted culture besides in humanism. Maybe like influence or administration

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 25, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

VDay posted:

Yeah this has been my experience as well. Sometimes the AI will just sit outside of an enemy province that's under a fort's control, like it's not quite sure how to go about actually conquering it. Taking the nearest fort and "unlocking" its ZoC usually gets them going again.

What are the rebel stacks called when you mouse over them? ie: <Religion> Zealots, <Country> Separatists, etc.

Also if you go to your stability tab it should have a bunch of info on who's rebelling, what their goals are, and all that kind of stuff.

No they're peasants uprisings. Bengali Peasants

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Another suggestion. There feels like there should be like one more trade good for temperate areas besides grain wool and fish.

Also a liquor manufactory

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 26, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

2 things. Why is Meghayala still a wasteland? I don't think it's anymore Inhospitable than Northern Burma or the Shan Hills, and it's real annoying to have a big hole in my Bengali empire

And when did Gibralter stop being crossable?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Bort Bortles posted:

No idea.

Gibraltar has never been crossable (as in: armies can walk over to Africa and back) in any of the Europa Universalis games (if I remember correctly).

i thought they were in 3.

It's shorter than the Bosporus. It's weird I can cross from Trinidad into Venezuela but have to board a fleet to get to Morocco.

Edit: Oh yeah. It was 2.

I played a lot of Aberration even way after EU2 was done.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

No it isn't, not by a long shot. Depending on where you measure it, the Gibraltar Straight is something like 15-20km across, and the currents are pretty treacherous to boot. Whereas at the major crossing points at Istanbul and Çanakkale, you're looking at 1km of water.

And yeah, Gibraltar hasn't been cross-able since EU3:NA at least.

Thread is from Tuesday, but I'm actually kind of surprised it's that high. Apparently Custom Nations are the most common too, which I honestly kind of surprising to me, but I'm a big history dork.

Yeah, as always Wikipedia is stupid and I looked it up on EB and you're right.

Is there anyway besides Humanism or certain Nation specific ideas to lower the accepted culture threshold?

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 29, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

There's not a map mode yet that show total development right? Just base tax? That'd be a cool thing to have.

Also I was reading the trade good description for chinaware and it says it supposed to represent carpets in addition to porcelain. Seems like you could add some to Persia/central Asia to break the automatic china monopoly

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is there like a mod or something that adds some preset idea sets for the nation designer? I was gonna try and build Iraq to make a kinda gooniversalis set up but choosing ideas was too much for me.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

How the heck do I reveal Terra Incognita on islands? The game doesn't let me land conquistadors on them, and my explorers on ships don't seem to be able to "find" them.
hit explore coast in the autoexplore area

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Erm, I ran out of things to auto-explore. I restarted the game but no good, there's no way to explore California like in my last Japan run. Known problem?

is your Dip tech high enough?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Freudian posted:

Vicky2.jpg

I love it still

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Persia has good trade goods and now I have too much money.

Is trade supposed to go from Aden to Zanzibar and not the other way?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Allyn posted:

Yes, because otherwise the only route from the east back to Europe is via Alexandria, and would not be able to funnel into the English Channel

Sucks the omani set up those trading posts only for it to go away

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wiz posted:

It's because me and Johan co-wrote the post. I didn't realize I slipped in first person perspective.

Is Meghalaya ever not going to be a wasteland

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Bold Robot posted:

Is Reformed any good? The Fervor bonuses look kinda eh compared to the customizable bonuses for Protestantism.

On another note, any tips for beating Portugal to the Cape in a Dutch game?

I actually don't think I've ever seen the Portugese in the Cape. I've had 3 games where it's GB and in my Bengal game It's Spain.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Tahirovic posted:

I only just realized how hard it is to convince a monarchy to become a Free City, it seems kinda impossible. I guess for that achiev you have to hunt down the non germanic republics?

I got a bunch of dutch opm to agree pretty easily. It's only a -50

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I mostly love Humanist for the accepted culture threshold. It's really really good if you're building a big multi-ethnic empire. With a little playing around and balancing you can basically have every single culture accepted.

I wish some other idea groups did that too. I don't like taking humanist solely for ACT and I feel like I have to in every non colonial game I play

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 2, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Koramei posted:

:psyduck: you guys are crazy, Humanist is like the perfect idea group if you want to do blobbing in most of the world. Religious unity, years of nationalism, +5 unrest for heathens and heretics. Better relations over time helps you manage the AE you'll be getting too. It might well be the best idea set in the game, there's not a single bad part of it.

I know, that's boring.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wouldn't it be nice if you could feel excited about other NIs?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It's the only non unique thing that lowers the Accepted Culture threshold besides trading in silk

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

VDay posted:

To be fair, the cultural acceptance can be pretty huge if you're a big enough blob in the right part of the world. Getting rid of the -33% tax and manpower modifier on like 50-100 provinces is a nice boost for one idea perk. It's just hard to justify taking that over the popular religious/admin/dip/influence/exploration/expansion first picks since it just kind of helps stabilize your empire while the others help you expand.

*cough*India*cough*

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I only had one coalition against me but it formed after I forced Hungary into a union as Austria and included half the loving HRE + Ottomans

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I just park a 3 unit army on a colony and ignore them

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Where can you see AE?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Koramei posted:

I really hope they change the economic mapmode too, am I the only one that has a really hard time with it? It's just a splodge of near-random colours, I don't see why they didn't just go with a gradient or something.

Could stand to be changed to development instead of just basetax too.

I'd really like this

I still can't tell which shade of green is supposed to be the best

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I just started an Austria game and lost the HRE after the Burgundian Inheritance. I thought i was doing the right thing with a whole bunch of Imperial Restoration wars and releasing conquered nations, But everyone wanted Bohemia after I got the Burgundian stuff. How can I get the Emporership back?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Oh, nevermind. I figured out how to see the vote criteria.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Another Person posted:

that's nothing

e; I intend to take it up to 200 or so eventually.

How many times did u develop?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Star posted:

It's no fun to do things that aren't meant to last. And my nation name looks like a half-moon. :toot:

It's a better a color than the ottomans

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I did it as Bengal and the Bahmanis. Spending dip points on silk, gold is totally worth it

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

And on farmland 3.0 trade goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I'm not an HRE expert but if you get that 2nd to last reform it means you're always the emperor plus every member and future member of the HRE becomes a free vassal that doesn't cost you dip relations? Or how does it work?

If they refuse they leave the HRE and you get a restoration cb

• Locked thread