Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

firestruck posted:

You can no longer assault forts that don't have the "walls breached" modifier, and that modifier has three different stages to it.

Also maybe I'm insane but it's far more punishing to be blockading a coastal fort, but that might just be an extension of forts being much more difficult to take rather than an explicit change.

Blockading a fort does help with the siege, if that's what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Why aren't you using your admin points? Tech's important, but not worth massive inflation.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I've never seen AI Knights do so good, let alone that Theodoro or Hungary.

This is like the 5th pic in the thread of this happening with the latest patch, i think.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Fintilgin posted:

Playing a game as Russia, and the Protestant Revolution started in Rhodes, with the Knights. :raise:

If you were suffering under the rule of a catholic holy order you'd go protestant too.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

420 Gank Mid posted:

Manpower for manpower, cav is way more effective at ending battles than infantry. So long as you have wide combat width and aren't getting penalty for going over your cav limit the only thing stronger than cav is a full back line of artillery.

Huh, i've always heard you should use max 2-4 cavalry per stack purely for flanking.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So I would actually take less losses if I assault as soon as there's a breach, instead of waiting it out and taking attrition?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If i vassalize a bunch of electors will they all vote for me, or will the combined negative points for having vassal electors make it pointless? These assholes won't vote for the right superpower voluntarily so i'm trying the hard way.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Gitro posted:

You can go revolutionary in 30 years, there's a 10% manpower bonus attached in addition to other nice stuff. Might be a bit difficult to meet the requirements for the disaster if you're at Always War, but if it's close it could push you over the edge. You're also going to get more manpower as autonomy ticks down.

Plus 25% manpower if you become a revolutionary empire so just take a bunch of loans and let the rebels take the capital. And make your monarchs generals asap so you'll get negative stability.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 10, 2015

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Do you know at what minute in the stream the last catholic country was gone and it became a free for all?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Do you get the same amount of cash from a trade node by using a merchant to collect trade vs having your main trade node collect on its own without having a merchant collecting there. Trying to figure out if there's a difference between having my main trade node in Genoa/Venice as Italy if i'm planning to collect from the other one anyway.

Edit: V-Awesome, thank you!

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 31, 2015

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

OK so they changed the way messages work when they pause the game, so that they automatically unpause the game when you dismiss them, and I find that really annoying. Is there some option to change it back to the way it used to work, or do I just have to deal with it?

Try the custom message settings where you previously set if an event would pause your game or not? This will seriously annoy me too if we can't remove it. That, and all the bugs that come with a new patch...

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Wiz posted:

The hotfix was updated with a fix for another ironman-invalidating bugs and a CTD. We're going to look into a way to recover broken ironman saves tomorrow.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Scrree posted:

So I got this event with no options to select, and then my game crashed.

Three months and a day after I reload the save file my game crashes again

save is kill

This is why you shouldn't buy cossacks, or even update your game for a few more weeks.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I wish the game would automatically shift click the consolidate button before a battle for you.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Every time a new expansion comes out i get excited to start playing this again, and every time i get disappointed because it's full of bugs. Guess i'll wait a few patches again

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Poil posted:

So apparently there is a cap of +10 to institutes when you develop a province. Time to start using another one I guess. :v:

What does this mean exactly? You can't just use your capital all game?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

No kidding. I just raqe-quit on my post-patch Ottoman game. I was the number one great power. I couldn't even declare rivals, I was so far ahead of everyone else. Literally every country on the planet would accede to my demands if I wanted. But then I got into a war with loving France, and they proceeded to push my poo poo in with their 7.5 morale to my 5.

How do you really deal with this late game? Same story as the commonwealth and fighting france/Brandenburg. Even being a revolutionary superpower with off, def, ari, qua + military policies and aspects i look like a backwater bitch when fighting their armies. Makes me hate nations without good military ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I haven't played since rights of man and wanted to try Russia out now. Anyone has the time to explain what the problem with Ming is going to be?

• Locked thread