Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Koramei posted:

started doing an Ethiopia run too after those past posts, here's where I'm at:

Your play through seems to have gone completely different to mine. I'm about 30 years in after you and I'm just getting control of the Zanzibar trade node and trying to make headways into Madagascar. I didn't get lucky with my rulers who were usually below average and re-rolling usually made them even more subpar. Nothing like wasting 50 prestige to get rid of an heir with about 6 points to an heir with 3 points!

The ottomans steamed through the Middle East and had a good chunk of Egypt by 1550, they were helped by getting two long living 6-6-6 rulers. They have like 1500 development and an army of like 200K so I'm feeling real good about my chances :v:

Since everyone seems to be playing an Ethiopia run right now, I'm wondering when you guys embraced the first couple of institutions. Did you try to get it asap and not let the tech cost rise or did you wait until it was cheap to embrace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tsyni posted:

It's 1516 and colonialism hasn't fired yet. I've seen it not fire for a year or two, but has anyone seen it go this long before?

I've seen it take until 1521 before because none of the colonizers went exploration until later. It was a modded game though, so that's probably most of the reason why that happened.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Can say for near certainty that forming Scandinavia doesn't get you any of the previous flavor events that you got from Sweden/Denmark/Norway.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sckye posted:

Not really. They should either go to the second line or the reserves.
Here, I started a new game from the 1701 bookmark:

24k infantry, deployed properly.

In your original screenshot, is your military width high enough for the rest of your infantry?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/europa-universalis-4-cradle-of-civilization-feature-breakdown.1051810/

quote:

STOCKHOLM - 24 October 2017 - Cradle of Civilization, the newest expansion to Europa Universalis IV, will be available to all wannabe conquerors on November 16, 2017. In less than a month all you million-plus explorers, traders and conquerors that make up the Europa Universalis community will see deeper gameplay and more detailed modeling of the tumultuous Middle East and Central Asia.

quote:

Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99

It looks pretty good to be honest, haven't played the game in like a year and I'm definitely going to want to start again with the free update if nothing else.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Talky posted:

At the end of every game of EU5 a person at Paradox will personally hand-craft a custom globe displaying the state of the map at the end of your game, and deliver it to your home

EU5 will utilize a super new concept called globeboxes to hand out these hand-crafted globes. You can buy them with paradox ducats (earned in-game by completing achievements) but can be bought with real money if you just want to get a globe now!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Was going to wait until the new patch was out but was really eager to get a game in. Playing the Aztecs for the first time since institutions has been pretty fun so far, it’s 1530 and colonialism just spawned though, so it may be a while before I “westernize”.

And I was having fun...until I went to war with a Mayan State. I had 10 more discipline, more morale better tech, comparable leader and army size. When the first battle started, I made sure to even get defenders advantage on hills. Who won the battles? Well they did obviously since I rolled 4 zeros in a row and they never rolled below a 7. Despite really loving this game, the basic combat in this game is still such massive rear end. Especially considering how much has been added in expansions with combat itself being tweaked but not overhauled.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Groogy posted:

Hey if Multiplayer, Twitch and Devs being super cringy is your thing maybe this is of interest...

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-clash-9-happy-three-friends-tuesdays-15-00-cet.1052952/

I just recently found these and I’m looking forward to being on the ground floor for this one.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m doing a saxony run and got to my second idea set and a bit stumped which way to go. I’d like to go defensive but I’d kinda like to get ahead of the reformation and get either humanism or religious and don’t know which would be better for a form Germany run. Any tips/advice?

Fwiw: it’s 1480 and reform desire is at 38 so I’m thinking the reformation is going to be a while away.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I've never seen this before :allears:

Also, while I'm posting pictures, I was really surprised to see Morocco doing so well in my game. Then all of a sudden, something magical happened:

Portugal moved their capital to the new world and now control Panama and Columbia, while Castile is down to just the Canarias. 2nd game in a row I've had that Morocco has been the dominant Iberian power.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

drat that has pretty borders, too. I'm embarrassed that I cannot accomplish that as a player yet I have seen people posting about how the AI is doing it all the time.

It helps that they allied France after taking the southern half. Plus Castille kept getting involved in wars and got poo poo luck for monarchs. They didn’t leave the single digit techs until the late 1500s.

Eej posted:

Whoa when did they fix Andalusia's colour? It used to be a gross green that was a significant downgrade from Granada.

I’m using a map graphics mod so maybe it’s that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Xinder posted:

I'm partial to this one from about a month ago.

Yeah that one, it’s pretty great.

• Locked thread