Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broguts
Oct 16, 2014
Ever win a battle so decisive you actually feel bad? Like these Poles, Moldavians, and Lithuanians form a big 37 regiment stack to take out my glorious 20 regiment stack of brave crusaders of the Teutonic Order. The Slavs and Baltics made a few key errors: they crossed a river, I was on a hill,I had cannons while they did not, and my general was crazy good, like 4 shock, 3 fire, and 3 maneuver (no siege but whatever). What followed was a victory so loving incredible I wish I had screen capped it, I only lost about 5 thousand infantry and like a thousand cav, they lost a good 20 thou, RIP Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Prop Wash posted:

No, the real key error they made was allowing the Teuts to survive to Cannon Times.

Also, learn from my dumb mistake: that shiny new Force Religion button works like a charm, but it does not guarantee by any means that your newly Catholic vassal will be able to convert their entirely Orthodox land.

Don't worry, all them slavs are gonna praise Jesus the right way.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014
I'm so bad at this game, I'm STILL trying to form Qing. I'm starting to get a grasp of some of the advanced mechanics (and by advanced I mean razing, and then releasing as vassal, about as advanced as 9+3) And I actually almost beat Ming my last game, and I totally would have if I had waited a little longer. Manchu cavalry are crazy good, like wow, and that land leader shock+1 that they get is incredible. I once had an army of 18k swarm cavalry beat an army of 25k ming and 7k koreans. Ming only won because they had at least a trillion mercenaries, I had totally depleted their manpower but then they just starting sending army after army of Mercs. So I thought "Well If I start taking cities Ming will surely start to lose and I can raise the green banners or whatever" then I remembered that Ming has more cities than my country has molecules and my hard work sieging Shenyang went to waste. In hindsight I should have just sieged Beijing as soon as the war started. WHOOPS

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014
Is there an easy way to get another country's stability low? Other than giving them "reasonable" peace offers that they refuse anyway.

• Locked thread