Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Holy poo poo, I love the Teutonic Order now. The flavor is perfect.

I love to burn through leaders for bonuses. I'm in a perfect spot to grow tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Wiz posted:

Nope, you're just really dumb.

Looks like the Johan symbiote found a new host body.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Koramei posted:

I think it's too early to be saying definitively that we need more monarch points or things should cost less or whatever. We've all been playing the game blobby for 2 years now; the day after the patch it's still gonna feel weird since it's so different.

I've played 100 years as the Teutonic Order in two separate games now. The first I tried to grow wide, the second tall. Once you start methodically developing your provinces (especially if you do a few in one big jump) it will amaze you how much things change. I turned the TO into an uncrackable Baltic walnut.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

axeil posted:

What did you specifically do? I'd like to try a Poland game where I don't blob everywhere so I can try for the Poland tech achievement and I'm curious how strong you got. Could you go 1v1 against any of the traditional huge powers?

Not by a long shot. Granted I just went around 100 years in. For TO specifics I had a ring of castles that held off P/L long enough in each war for me to retaliate - and having good allies (like Riga, amazingly) helped.

I didn't follow any special trick in developing. I just focused certain provinces on certain kinds of development/building. For instance, I made some provinces production centers. After a time I starting going on sprees of admin development and noticed big jumps in my monthly income.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Rincewind posted:

So, who's the emperor in everyone's games? Austria seemed to lose control of the HRE very quickly in my game. After a brief interval where Bohemia was emperor, the HRE's been glued to Brandenburg ever since.

In my longest TO game thus far it was Austria until 1500, then Bohemia (just in time to pick up some of Burgundy) until about 1560, then Brandenburg got a turn followed by Ravensburg (?!?) until 1620. After the disastrous rule by Ravensburg, Austria has picked it back up.

The Religious Leagues never triggered, but I attribute that to one of the centers of Protestantism popping up in Naxos, of all stupid places. The only heretical religion in the HRE is Reformed.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

So I've played about a dozen or so hours of Common Sense by this point and I am completely enamored with it. Prior to this it felt like EU4 was on an accelerated timeline and everything was happening about 100 years before it should. This feels like we're getting very close to a sweet spot of historical plausibility.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Hoo boy! That's way too many dumb babbys looking to be coddled.

Joking aside, I don't understand the negative response in the least.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cringe whenever people say babby. It sounds so pathetic.

Me too!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725024&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post446391901

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is this sycophancy or what? I don't understand the point.

My post pointing out the reviews was quoting Wiz's use of the word "babby" - a word which I find equally irritating.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Uh, neat.

Like the ideas behind this expansion but they've clearly slipped back into some old release habits. AI seems to go dippy during wartime. Also a little unclear how to resolve estate influence issues when they start to become a problem. Remove territory from them seems to crater their loyalty for very little return in an influence drop.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Fuligin posted:

All the big dlcs have had bugs after their release. It's not ideal but it's a little far to say that these are on par with Ye Olde Paradoxe.

I said "some", I didn't say the world was on fire.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Forts are nice and boogered up too when a bordering enemy fort prevents me from moving within my own state.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Reload. I've had that happen.

Just tried that. No dice.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:paradox:

Guess that's what we get for buying on launch day!

Truly.

I'll keep doing it, because I can't think of a company that's earned my loyalty more than Paradox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Sorced posted:

Thats how its supposed to work now.

Thanks for the heads up. Rough on me for having zero forts.

• Locked thread