Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Any tips on how to integrate the Teutonic Order diplomatically as Poland? I took the mission to vassalize them because the rewards were good, and now have the mission to integrate them but they apparently still hate me even with +200 relations because of a 50% liberty desire for being historical rivals. I Have a diplo rep adviser, have relations improved to the max and tried to placate the local ruler in the new subject interface but that seems to run out pretty quickly. I haven't integrated Moldavia yet, could their forcelimits be pushing the liberty desire over the edge that much?

fake edit: Never mind, apparently my ironman save disappeared into the cloud somewhere so that run is down the drain. All of my other saves show up though. Guess I just won't take the mission next time and not bother vassalizing them.

I'm doing a Poland game now too and did the same route. I got pulled into two wars by Austria when the TO attacked the empire. Danzig got released in the first war, and I vassalized it diplomatically. Then I took the claims in West Prussia in the second war. So TO ended up being I think four provinces when I got the mission and declared on it to vassalize it. Its liberty desire is way up because my vassals are very strong, but I figure once I annex Moldavia and form the Commonwealth, that problem will go away. Annexation costs on Danzig were ridiculous, though. Also, my diplomatic tech is low, which is affecting liberty desire by like 25%, but I'll fix that once I westernize off of Danzig.

I have two questions though. First, I've fed Lithuania a bit because I was lucky and got dragged into a war against LO when I vassalized TO. Considering how expensive Danzig was though, maybe I can game the coring and annexation costs by having Lithuania core that and some of Muscovy or Crimea before I form the Commonwealth. Since it's by an event, it shouldn't matter, right?

Second question. I've helped Novgorod beat up on Moscovy because my goal is to expand into Russia and the Balkans while keeping Austria a strong ally and playing nice to my west. If Novgorod forms Russia though, does it become lucky and start wanting to eat me? It's allied with Sweden (my rival/enemy) and me right now, so I need to look for an opening when Sweden is occupied. I'm about to hit admin tech 9, and would like to have Lithuania blob that way before I form the Commonwealth.

I actually like the slowed growth and how had to sacrifice a bit to core some conquests. What I hate though is the change to aggressive expansion to make it less transparent. Since I can see the effect in my relations with others after making the deal, the mechanic isn't completely hidden. It mostly just makes it harder if you're unable to guess who you're going to be pulling AE from based on culture, religion, and proximity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread