Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I've been diploannexing at the same rate as I did last patch and it has put me 2-3 techs behind the world leaders instead of being 10+ years ahead of time, it feels about right. The policy from Admin/Influence is a big help, giving you a total of -50% cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rincewind posted:

So, who's the emperor in everyone's games? Austria seemed to lose control of the HRE very quickly in my game. After a brief interval where Bohemia was emperor, the HRE's been glued to Brandenburg ever since.

Saxony is the emperor in my current game and they are actually doing pretty well (mostly because I took 6 provinces from Austria, including Wien). It is 1616 and they have only passed 2 reforms, but they just won the league war so they might actually be able to get more done. They ended up eating all of Brandenburg, Mecklenberg, Brunswick and half of Bohemia.

So, is there actually any penalty for not having enough seats in parliament? I haven't noticed anything so far.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Node posted:

WIZ, THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE, AGAIN, LIKE IT IS WITH EVERY PATCH

because the Better UI mods haven't been updated for it yet

It has, but there is a bug with the workshop that won't let you enable it. Edit betterui2.0.mod in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod folder and add the line supported_version="1.12" to get it to work.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

Can we please get rid of the -25 prestige penalty for not joining an allies call to arms? It is a penalty that only affects the player at this point since the game prevents you from calling non willing allies when you go to war. Or at least get an option for the player to join defensive wars only?

Can't you just dissolve the alliance before declining the call to arms? It used to work to avoid the penalty, I'm not sure if they ever changed it.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jabarto posted:

So how are people placing their forts? Just on the borders, or interspersed throughout your territory? Also when you're not at war do you mothball some of your forts, all of them, or just leave them up to be safe?

The new fort mechanics are probably my favorite part of the expansion, but I'm having a little trouble telling if I'm going overboard with forts trying to make my country a nightmare to invade.

I never place any forts, and delete any not on the border because mothballed forts still cost maintenence. Honestly, if I'm in such a bad position that I have to fight a defensive war in my own territory, I'd rather have the money for mercs.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Chipp Zanuff posted:

I'm considering playing a One or Two province minor, but anytime i've played one in Europe (mainly HRE, in Germany) i've been stomped and my armies rapidly defeated, Any general advice/tips? Also how are you supposed to declare war in the HRE without dragging the emperor into it?

If the Emperor likes you they will be less likely to intervene. As a European minor you will want to ally France/Austria/Polanf/Bohemia etc and let them do most of your fighting for you.

Traxis fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 13, 2015

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ugh, is there going to be another hotfix for the CTD when Hainaut gets released?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Koramei posted:

Is France really that hard since the patch? I get that's it's not the cakewalk it used to be but even if you lose the Burgundian and English wars catastrophically it's not like they can annex that much of your country at once.

and yeah wow I hadn't actually looked at the OP, I guess they decided the easiest way to keep the information up to date was by not including any information at all...

My France game has been pretty easy. I allied Castile and Austria out the gate and England/Burgundy never stood a chance. I got lucky and the inheritance never fired, so I was able to eat all of Burgundy and Austria still loves me. Italy leaving the HRE gives you a great area to expand to without having to worry about the Emperor or HRE coalitions.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Pakled posted:

Is it just me, or is Power Projection hosed in this patch? I don't know what exactly changed, but despite winning wars against rivals rather frequently in the early game, I never saw PP get past the mid-30s and I'd only ever get that high after eclipsing a rival in a major war. I feel like the way I'm playing would have gotten me in the 50s range quite frequently in the previous patch and at the very least keep me comfortably over 25.

I've found it easy to keep it high early on because you can humiliate and take provinces now, but once I reach the point where my only possible rivals are on the other side of the continent it gets hard to keep it above 25.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm getting back into EU thanks to the Summer Sale. Got all the content DLC. Any mods on the Workshop you guys can recommend, preferably stuff a bit close to the vanilla experience?

'Better UI' is a must have. Also check out 'TBARW' (thick borders and recolored water) and it's optional packs. 'GFX Overhaul' is another good ironman compatible graphics mod. If you want to get away from vanilla a bit check out 'Dynamic and Random Lucky Nations' and 'Shattered Europa'

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I kind of wish Paradox would just release patches with no warning. Whenever I know a patch is on the way I never want to start up a new game until it hits.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

They need to just replace all hostile core creation cost ideas with greater province warscore cost+aggressive expansion impact. Or give the provinces high minimum autonomy when conquered or something.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

Toss those near-guaranteed bonuses on top of your strong NI set and the fact you're small enough to join the HRE at the start and it's very :stare:

Can the pope become Emperor?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Node posted:

Can anyone confirm? Because

My thoughts exactly.

Just tested in one of my non-ironman games. I was allied to Poland, who is allied to Serbia, who is allied to Genoa. Declaring on Serbia directly, Poland was obviously unwilling to join. I declared on Genoa and selected Serbia as a co-belligerent and Poland did join on my side.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

As England should I even bother enforcing the PU on France or would I be better off splitting them up into multiple vassals?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Anybody else have this issue with water in game?

Zoomed in:

Zoomed out:

In motion it looks even worse because it flickers as I zoom in/out. I played around with the graphics settings as well as my driver settings but nothing fixes it. Map/water graphics mods don't change it either.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'm not a fan of estates because they don't really create many interesting choices. There is a pretty clear optimal route and it just creates another set of numbers I have to babysit.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

It is 1479 in my Castile game and I just inherited Burgundy. Should I move my capital into the low countries to prevent revolts? How should I set up my trade (especially when I start colonizing in earnest)? Also, I'll finish feeding Portugal to Galicia in 7 years when the truce is up. Should I eat Galicia or keep them around as a vassal? They took Religious ideas first so I'm not sure if it is worth keeping them around to colonize for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Another Castile Q: Since I can only have 3 promoted cultures right now should I demote Leonese/Andalusian and promote Dutch/Flemish since the former are already same culture group? Or should I just wait until ideas/tech give me more max promoted cultures?

• Locked thread