Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Cockmaster posted:

That reminds me: Years ago, someone had posted about their experience working at a hotel which hosted a furry convention. Their behavior was roughly as bad: things like harassing non-furry guests, tossing used diapers wherever, publicly relieving themselves, and probably other things I don't remember.

The guy who let the furries book their convention (who had signed a three-year contract, though I can't imagine how behavior this horrible wouldn't be an excuse to cancel) got fired.

"Get with the times"? When did it become socially acceptable to send dick pics to a family-friendly business?

Speaking of Zootopia, I wonder what will happen when the movie is actually released.

Really late to the chat, but I was a cook at a large hotel & conference center and the year we booked both a furry gathering and an anime convention and it owned because of the flood of the complaints. Not from the hotel staff or anything, but from the guests. The gatherings usually rolled into Sunday, which is the biggest day for the hotel, mostly for the brunches. It's where we'd put our best foot out and serve our best food and do up the restaurant really beautifully. The clientele were mostly people who just got out of church and were still in dress clothes drinking their free mimosas and choking down poached eggs. I hated it because it required me to put in long hours both Saturday and Sunday (typically up to about 25 hours altogether with no breaks).

One year when an old woman who didn't know what furries were was on hostess duty because she thought they were sports mascots and thought it would be cute to let them in. That day was worth the laughs when I'd see the new intern at the carving station having to figure out what a guy in a massive red fox costume was asking for using only hand motions or a big purple bear trying desperately to accurately spoon foyot onto his poached salmon while some 70 year-old man waiting behind him gave him the dirtiest look. I went to check out the restaurant to spot a head count, and a few of them asked if I made any of the food and complimented me and asked for a picture and if I said I didn't want to ask one of them for their suit's mask and wear it with my chef coat and hat for that picture I'd be lying through my teeth. I decided it was better for me to decline.

Eventually the hotel had to say "dress code" after enough people complained about being forced to share a buffet line with several Narutos during the yearly anime convention.

Cam or anyone who knows: if you're still reading this thread, do you know a rough price range of how much a fur will typically have to pay out to have a single page of commissioned art (of decent quality) done for them? There was a Goon artist on the Mumble who said she occasionally did pieces and claimed that they paid a lot for them but I forgot to ask how much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Holothurian posted:

So did they take off the heads to eat, or push the food in a hole somewhere?

I actually don't remember looking around for it.

• Locked thread