Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fungah! posted:

losing weapon decay is a good change, having to buy five billion iron weapons because the better stuff was too expensive to use regularly was dumb as hell

but consider this: what you're wrong, and a poopy-face dumbhead, instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

but consider this: what you're wrong, and a poopy-face dumbhead, instead?

hm, interesting. but what if i'm rubber and you're glue

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i don't mind the loss of weapon decay because the game in general seems to be trying a lot of new things and I'm willing to give it a shot and it's an interesting way to handle the game that leads me to think they'll find some way to balance it out

Bobnumerotres posted:

weapon decay was lame because yeah it made the special expensive weapons feel like trump cards that you never end up using because youre afraid of breaking them

idk i usually just went loving crazy with those because i never like leaving weapons unused

Soral
May 30, 2009

i like the change to teaming up. i think its a nice balance from the bullshit in awakening.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

The only weapons that decay mattered for were ones you crafted and special ones, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

it mattered pre-awakening but was pointless in awakening so i don't really mind it being gone. they're giving even generic weapons interesting stuff which is at least a sign they're trying

i guess the real question is what they're doing with legendary, etc weapons

Soral posted:

i like the change to teaming up. i think its a nice balance from the bullshit in awakening.

did they nerf pair up or something

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what's the new weapon triangle like. is it a good change or a bad change or what

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

01011001 posted:

did they nerf pair up or something

from what i understand you only get the attack bonus from pair up if you have the units side by side, when you actually pair them up you only get the defense bonus instead. also enemy units can do it now too

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

what's the new weapon triangle like. is it a good change or a bad change or what

im not sure of the specifics but its something like swords/magic beats axes/bows beats spears/??? and so on. so swords are good against bows now, and magic is good against axes, and spears beat magic, etc. i think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

im not sure of the specifics but its something like swords/magic beats axes/bows beats spears/??? and so on. so swords are good against bows now, and magic is good against axes, and spears beat magic, etc. i think.

This changes everything.

Dec 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

yeah. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/ has some of the new weapons too

In Training posted:

This changes everything.

it does, in a good way

Dec 26, 2012

sharrrk posted:

from what i understand you only get the attack bonus from pair up if you have the units side by side, when you actually pair them up you only get the defense bonus instead. also enemy units can do it now too

do you still get the stat boosts from doing it, because that + hiding allies + compensating for poo poo movement were usually the best reasons to never not do it

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Weapon Decay was gay because I never used rescue and physic staffs because I wanted to save them for eventualties fuuuuu

good news friend, staves still decay.

01011001 posted:

do you still get the stat boosts from doing it, because that + hiding allies + compensating for poo poo movement were usually the best reasons to never not do it

pretty sure you do, yeah. you just won't get the dual attacks.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

it mattered pre-awakening but was pointless in awakening so i don't really mind it being gone.

yeah, fair point; awakening (& sacred stones) kind of made a lot of the old mechanics pointless. reasonable to give it a fair shake.

mabels big day posted:

Bring Back The Anima Triangle

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mabels big day posted:

Whoa

Soral
May 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

there is a new class of weapons called hidden weapons which is the other half to the spear pairing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral posted:

there is a new class of weapons called hidden weapons which is the other half to the spear pairing

or maybe its not new or something but they werent in awakening at least

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

or maybe its not new or something but they werent in awakening at least

they were in path of radiance/radiant dawn if it's just knives again

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

they were in path of radiance/radiant dawn if it's just knives again

knives were poo poo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

knives were poo poo.

this time they will actually be effective against something so who knows

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

knives were poo poo.

yep. could be good this time around though if they arent the gimpiest weapons locked to the lowest-strength classes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Knives weren't great, but I still used Volke because he was cool

Dec 26, 2012

same, also nobody else was remotely good with them so it saved weapons for other people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Get that slag out of my face.

Falaflame
Dec 27, 2012

what the heck is she doing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Knives weren't great, but I still used Volke because he was cool

he either critted or activated lethality all the time so it made up to knives being crap

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lethality is so cool

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

mysterious loyall X posted:

it souds like awakenings. they changed the triangle a bit. there's no more weapon decay which i really don't care about since it never was that big a deal except for rare weapons. on the ninty treehouse they said there's no grinding on the Aryan path so that's good, altho i didn't grind in awakenings and it was still 2 easy.

is it still possible to break the game by being a psychogamer and pwoerbreeding all your guys to have that 2 move trait

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Bobnumerotres posted:

weapon decay was lame because yeah it made the special expensive weapons feel like trump cards that you never end up using because youre afraid of breaking them

i don't have autism so this never happened to me. i used them often

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Falaflame posted:

what the heck is she doing

I think this is what sex looks like (?)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
The Fire Emblem guys have completely lost their virginity, probably.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I hope the titties get put on their own 3d layer

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I hope the titties get put on their own 3d layer

Judging from the FE bonzi buddy someone made with game assets, they probably do.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

has weapon decay been properly dismantled and applied to abstract parameters such as boob elasticity and character motivation/virility? because from what i understand, jankenpon is all good for the dude who brings a spear to a magic missle fight, but i mostly fear for the formulaic transmigration of good ideas. real gems were first party content, so nintendo leaving obscure convoluted weeaboo srpg.dating sim niche titles to the closely-knit narroweyed and isolated audience it was intended for helped preserve its image and satisfying its investors. this game is garbage, and releasing an english version of mother 3 as a freebie for the virtual console along with a sincere apology for not doing it sooner would be infinitely better for nintendo, who i care about profusely. i can care less about memetic circlejerks, wank fodder, and another abominaton of the d&d system. tolkien's 20-sided carapace is rolling in his grave.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Izumi Konata posted:

has weapon decay been properly dismantled and applied to abstract parameters such as boob elasticity and character motivation/virility? because from what i understand, jankenpon is all good for the dude who brings a spear to a magic missle fight, but i mostly fear for the formulaic transmigration of good ideas. real gems were first party content, so nintendo leaving obscure convoluted weeaboo srpg.dating sim niche titles to the closely-knit narroweyed and isolated audience it was intended for helped preserve its image and satisfying its investors. this game is garbage, and releasing an english version of mother 3 as a freebie for the virtual console along with a sincere apology for not doing it sooner would be infinitely better for nintendo, who i care about profusely. i can care less about memetic circlejerks, wank fodder, and another abominaton of the d&d system. tolkien's 20-sided carapace is rolling in his grave.

Do u want someone to tell you that you're smart.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I hope he gets beat up

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

net cafe scandal posted:

Do u want someone to tell you that you're smart.

no, but a little validation would help encourage my sociopatic spiral into self destruction. good post.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

he either critted or activated lethality all the time so it made up to knives being crap

ya volke was one of the hardest motherfuckers in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Izumi Konata posted:

no, but a little validation would help encourage my sociopatic spiral into self destruction. good post.

• Locked thread