Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Do you get more fight money at higher ranks? Might be little kids trying to hoard fight money, sounds like something I would have done when I was 12

They should have made everyone who has a super saiyan vtrigger have a cool new look like Necalli. Chun and Bison's are so :effort: in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

ZenVulgarity posted:

I wanna run sets

what's your ID

wait how do I invite someone

edit: Figured it out, I also want to run sets and am online now my name is signoise and I am not great

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 21, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

My cfn is saulgoodmanesq

I would love more practice against necalli

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I find the leniency off of the cancels in this game a little weird. As Ken, doing the cr.mp, TC xx H tatsu (which is like babby's first combo) combo, I have to do the tatsu pretty late, if not it doesn't come out.

Unfortunately my muscle memory is dumb and I input the cancel too fast if I start off with cr.mp but remember the timing fine if I just do raw TC.

I have a similar problem with Karin and instant Tenko's where I find I have different timing depending on how many /which normals I started off the combo with.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

Oh my god this is literally the worst SF session I've ever had.

gently caress JOY2KEY IS RANDOMLY CRAPPING OUT ON ME

cant wait for the patch. Im having the same issues.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Any tips getting in against Laura as Mika? I can't get past that loving slow rear end fireball defense.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Microwaves Mom posted:

cant wait for the patch. Im having the same issues.

Yeah, I have no idea what or why I was getting dropped inputs, but at least one time Joy2Key just decided "nah, man, your controller ain't working now" and made me lose a game, bleh.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I don't think there's any penalty yet no. At the very least, I didn't get the points for the win!

But that person losing their points and being angry would be a small consolation at least

You'd think SF woulda learned from MKX and implented some kind of quitality. Honestly if someone quits its hould deduct 3x the amount of points.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Did one more video for today. Turns out Street Fighter 5 has some pretty robust training mode options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fId0IjLrLE

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
You guys asking for sets should post in the PGS thread.. here and if you really want to nerd out you can join the discord server linked in the op there

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

Did one more video for today. Turns out Street Fighter 5 has some pretty robust training mode options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fId0IjLrLE

youre doing the lords work.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Picked up the Hori FC4 today and it's a marked improvement over the 360 pad I was using. I'm still bad, but at least when I want to do a move I can actually do it without having my inputs all over the place.

Jmcrofts posted:

Do you guys hate Rashid? I hate Rashid. I did a tutorial that will hopefully help you beat Rashid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl7d8TJNn0

I appreciate how, in a world full of videos on how to do the biggest combo possible against opponents that don't fight back, your videos are all about "man gently caress fighting character X".

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

SectumSempra posted:

People are a lot less inclined to ragequit when there aren't ego numbers attached to each fight.

Then there are games like blazeblue and guilty where its not just numbers but a lil color by your name.

Some nerd in BB lobby like a month ago literally told someone "ew you're only blue"

I'm terrible for getting concerned about this stuff, but tanking my rank and playing lobbies/casuals has been a remarkably liberating experience.

It's not like the people I will play at locals will give a flying rats rear end about my online rank when they are bodying me if I don't get enough actual practice because I'm too prissy about letting some points go.

(Now they'll body me because I'm bad, but that's a different problem).

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

FallenGod posted:

Picked up the Hori FC4 today and it's a marked improvement over the 360 pad I was using. I'm still bad, but at least when I want to do a move I can actually do it without having my inputs all over the place.

I appreciate how, in a world full of videos on how to do the biggest combo possible against opponents that don't fight back, your videos are all about "man gently caress fighting character X".

Seconded. You should be getting more views/love for these videos, they are really useful.

I'd kill for a series of short videos entitled "Online bullshit and how to punish it" (there is a reason my company doesn't pay me to name products.....)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

FallenGod posted:

My favorite thing about this is it showed me stuff about my own character I didn't realize was a tactic and it also showed me what variations of that tactic are safe and not safe.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

RossCo posted:

Seconded. You should be getting more views/love for these videos, they are really useful.

I'd kill for a series of short videos entitled "Online bullshit and how to punish it" (there is a reason my company doesn't pay me to name products.....)

Seconding this, you've already got half the content it would need.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

RossCo posted:

PLEASE PUNISH THAT by Bebopaloobop was a thing in SF4.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Scrubbing Away Online Tactics

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Right now I'd appreciate how to punish vega doing random fly around the screen poo poo, tia.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for people playing on ps4, if someome ragequits on you: hit the share button, trim your video, and upload it to youtube. given the centralization and permanence of leaderboards, i want lists of these people being made.

i'll be doing it from now on,. there's a thread on srk for ragequitters. i want to shame these fucks.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The punishment for ragequitting is being a ragequitter

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How does wakeup work in this game? People are insta jumping up on supers, grabs are whiffing or being stuffed, sometimes they grab me when i'm trying to grab them. Is it lag or is my timing off?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
Why would anyone bother ragequiting when there's like a 50% chance that the match results never get recorded anyways.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

ambushsabre posted:

Why would anyone bother ragequiting when there's like a 50% chance that the match results never get recorded anyways.

I would say I've had like 100 matches at least today and maybe 2 did that.

No rage quits either though so who knows.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fellblade posted:

Right now I'd appreciate how to punish vega doing random fly around the screen poo poo, tia.

all of the usual stuff works at snuffing out vega's wall dive...

assuming you're not caught up in corner wakeup shenanigans.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

RBX posted:

How does wakeup work in this game? People are insta jumping up on supers, grabs are whiffing or being stuffed, sometimes they grab me when i'm trying to grab them. Is it lag or is my timing off?

When you get knocked down, you have three options for getting up. Press nothing to get up with normal timing. Tap down or press two punches as soon as your body hits the ground to quick getup, or press two kicks to get a quick getup with a backwards roll.

One of the common complaints with SF4 was the prevalence of hard (non-quick-get-uppable) knockdowns, so the only things that hard KD in this game are crush counter sweeps and, I think, handful of critical arts. You can quick rise almost everything else.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Strange SFV doesn't punish rage quitting the game having competitive roots and all. All the lovely EA sports games even get it mostly right.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
cant you roll forwards too?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

all of the usual stuff works at snuffing out vega's wall dive...

assuming you're not caught up in corner wakeup shenanigans.

I just kept getting stuffed/whiffing the DP as it was crossing up every time, not sure if that's just what it does or he was spacing it really well.

Tried jump HP/HK instead and just got thrown for my trouble.

Is it just a case of knowing the range like normal jumps?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I know people are saying to learn Ryu first, but I'm playing chun li for the first time and she's really fun.

What can I do if a headstomp is blocked? I feel like I'm floating pretty helpless after that happens. Should I stick to using it after a successful v-skill only?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zelah posted:

I know people are saying to learn Ryu first, but I'm playing chun li for the first time and she's really fun.

What can I do if a headstomp is blocked? I feel like I'm floating pretty helpless after that happens. Should I stick to using it after a successful v-skill only?

I believe you can do air lightning legs after and be fairly safe.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

cams posted:

for people playing on ps4, if someome ragequits on you: hit the share button, trim your video, and upload it to youtube. given the centralization and permanence of leaderboards, i want lists of these people being made.

i'll be doing it from now on,. there's a thread on srk for ragequitters. i want to shame these fucks.

Already posted pages ago, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttnbcY7pkx4

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Went into ranked for the first time and my opponent was a bison who stopped moving after I blocked his wakeup super and then disconnected in the second round. War never changes

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Thanks for the tutorials Jmcrofts.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Thanks for the tutorials Jmcrofts.

No problem, thanks for watching.

I did a bonus video as a followup to the last one - just me practicing the reactions training I explained in the tutorial. Turns out games are hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-OaCeUhS0

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
do a video showing how to close sf5 and install fightcade

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Bought this today and honestly I'm enjoying the arcade mode. They are silly short stories but do more to give the characters--- character --- than the arcade mode in SF4 ever did. Zangief has been great every time he's shown up.

Any tips for how I should handle fireballs and other long range attacks with Birdie? The glide is slow and jumping seems like a really bad idea most of the time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Renoistic posted:

Bought this today and honestly I'm enjoying the arcade mode. They are silly short stories but do more to give the characters--- character --- than the arcade mode in SF4 ever did. Zangief has been great every time he's shown up.

Any tips for how I should handle fireballs and other long range attacks with Birdie? The glide is slow and jumping seems like a really bad idea most of the time.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Better answer than I could have imagined haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I believe you can do air lightning legs after and be fairly safe.

If you do a stomp deep enough, I'm pretty sure anything you do afterwards blows up anything not invincible, as long as it's fast. Legs is safe enough also.

• Locked thread