Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Orkin Mang posted:

not imo they arent

If there was a test that could tell someone definitely that they were 1/3245 part Cherokee that would unironically be Nobel prize worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vladimir Putin posted:

If there was a test that could tell someone definitely that they were 1/3245 part Cherokee that would unironically be Nobel prize worthy.

dont really care about the whte mans biggest prize. i have my own opinions. thanks!

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Vladimir Putin posted:

Pretty much.

It would also help enforce some ridiculous treaty laws which do things like "if you are 1/8th Metis, these are your benefits. If you are 1/9th metis you get another set of benefits"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Vladimir Putin posted:

No you can't. Those tests haven't been validated and can't even be used to make medical decisions. They are more or less a novelty.

If you break down enough of someone's DNA and observe enough markers, you can say with relative certainty what their ethnicity/heritage is. This isn't completely in sync with society's concept of race, but obvious differences between population can be observed if you look closely enough. The idea of humans being completely homogenous and being unable to differentiate between ethnic group through genetics is an idea forced into science by advocates trying to eliminate any possible venue for racism to continue. Although what physically constitutes race for most people (physical appearance) makes up only a tiny part of our entire DNA, enough differences can be noted there and in other areas that cannot be physically observed,

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if race has no biological basis then why is my dick so small

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

if race has no biological basis then why is my dick so small

you should apply for a grant this is a good basis for a study

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Amarcarts posted:

If she wants use makeup to be dark skinned that's fine, but she shouldn't lie and get a scholarship meant for someone who descended from slaves.

What if a Jew does it? A transracial Jewgro. They were slaves and got poo poo on pretty hard historically too. I bet that's OK, right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

This.

This story is endlessly amusing to me because of the squirming and mental/philosophical contortion it is leading to among "indentity politics liberals" as dethkon calls them. Especially so because of the timing. Normal boring rear end republican voting middle Americans really actually do not care at all about Bruce Jenner becoming a woman. We harbor no ill will, we basically (1) heard about it, (2) though "that's odd," and (3) immediately proceeded to move on with our lives. But we weren't allowed to, because annoying loving American liberals would not shut the gently caress up about it. Parading her around, hailing her as a "hero," wall-to-wall coverage and commentary over this bull-poo poo non-story for one purpose - to rub our noses in it for their own enjoyment, because they actually believe all of their own horse-poo poo about us being horrible, awful, hateful people.

Then in the ultimate case of cosmic justice, these annoying shits IMMEDIATELY get hit with this story, and are faced with the lose-lose choice of having to make fools of themselves by either (a) doing a complete 180 and making all the opposite arguments and deriding all their own positions they just spent weeks spouting at us, or (b) actually defending this deranged lunatic.

I find it all hilarious.
go on...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BigBoss posted:

What if a Jew does it? A transracial Jewgro. They were slaves and got poo poo on pretty hard historically too. I bet that's OK, right?

Jews aren't still suffering the consequences of slavery in Egypt, though, so it's kind of irrelevant. :shrug:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shadoer posted:

I meant it in terms of society. I learned a bit about how it's dealt with because the issue came up in Canada when they were determining if transgender surgery should be covered under the Canada Health Act and thereby be free to people who wanted it and how to determine if someone should have the surgery came up.

lol

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

southpaugh posted:

So you're a twink who wants to put on weight?

When I was typing that last sentence I was simultaneously hoping that somebody would make that joke, and that nobody would pick up on it. So basically I got owned, but if it had to happen I'm glad it was you, my noble jokester...

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is it within the legal bounds of canada law to give me another dick next to the one i have right now ?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i only ask bc im poor and the gov medical help cover would really help because im physicaly white i guess but more to the point im a chinese canadian named didymus wang and ive known this since i was at least 7

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

is it within the legal bounds of canada law to give me another dick next to the one i have right now ?

You know as sad as it is, if you can somehow argue that you were somehow born with two dicks or have an expert vouch you are incomplete without a second dick, some provinces might actually spring for it.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

natetimm posted:

If you break down enough of someone's DNA and observe enough markers, you can say with relative certainty what their ethnicity/heritage is. This isn't completely in sync with society's concept of race, but obvious differences between population can be observed if you look closely enough. The idea of humans being completely homogenous and being unable to differentiate between ethnic group through genetics is an idea forced into science by advocates trying to eliminate any possible venue for racism to continue. Although what physically constitutes race for most people (physical appearance) makes up only a tiny part of our entire DNA, enough differences can be noted there and in other areas that cannot be physically observed,

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

As a US white person you should be bragging about your scotch irish heritage.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Would animals even know what diseases means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_cancer_detection

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Chris Christie posted:

they actually believe all of their own horse-poo poo about us being horrible, awful, hateful people.

Then in the ultimate case of cosmic justice, these annoying shits IMMEDIATELY get hit with this story, and are faced with the lose-lose choice of having to make fools of themselves by either (a) doing a complete 180 and making all the opposite arguments and deriding all their own positions they just spent weeks spouting at us, or (b) actually defending this deranged lunatic.

I find it all hilarious.

You are all horrible hateful people.

RE gender dysphoria, learn some biology you bloviating dipshit. All fetuses are female, then in development some get changed due to androgens to become male. Sometimes, this fucks up and all sorts of weird poo poo can happen. Sex organs develop wrong, don't develop, chromosome weirdness...it's really fascinating. Wiki up David Peter Reimer if you want to learn some poo poo. It's real.

Transracial is just someone who misunderstands words, and who has a boring life, trying to get on the coolness train of being put-upon and being legit angry and depressed. It's a symptom of modern ennui, white kids with poo poo lives trying to feel important. It's not real. Kind of like Christians being an oppressed minority in the USA.

Anyone who thinks the modern media cycle of talking up anything to distract from what's 'really going on' is a liberal phenomena doesn't know poo poo. Did you sleep through the 'terror alert goes up to orange or red every loving time a new level of corruption was discovered in the Bush administration' or were you not born yet?

You're not fooling anyone but yourself with your clumsy-rear end trolling. Go back to school.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I want her to take a 23andMe test.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

akasnowmaaan posted:

RE gender dysphoria, learn some biology you bloviating dipshit. All fetuses are female, then in development some get changed due to androgens to become male. Sometimes, this fucks up and all sorts of weird poo poo can happen. Sex organs develop wrong, don't develop, chromosome weirdness...it's really fascinating. Wiki up David Peter Reimer if you want to learn some poo poo. It's real.

Transracial is just someone who misunderstands words, and who has a boring life, trying to get on the coolness train of being put-upon and being legit angry and depressed. It's a symptom of modern ennui, white kids with poo poo lives trying to feel important. It's not real. Kind of like Christians being an oppressed minority in the USA.

Anyone who thinks the modern media cycle of talking up anything to distract from what's 'really going on' is a liberal phenomena doesn't know poo poo. Did you sleep through the 'terror alert goes up to orange or red every loving time a new level of corruption was discovered in the Bush administration' or were you not born yet?

You're not fooling anyone but yourself with your clumsy-rear end trolling. Go back to school.

get this truscum pissbaby outta here

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

akasnowmaaan posted:

:kiddo:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
So this is some kind of Irish political bullshit

Sounds like it belongs in D&D

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Cthulu Carl posted:

They may not be up on germ theory (I dunno, never attended a bear med school) but animals are definitely able to pick up on when something isn't quite right.

A non-bear chilling out around them like it ain't know thang when anything else would at least be a bit tense probably triggered red flags in bear brains even if they'd never seen a dude before.

Source: I'm a transbearologist.

animals know when something is moving/looking/smelling weird and tend to try to avoid it.

Bet the bears thought the dude had to be a rabid animal if he was hanging out with them. Kind of like how you are supposed to call animal control when you see a nocturnal animal out stumbling around during the day or running up to you like it wants to be your friend. It means it just ain't right and could possibly infect you with something.

Source: I am getting a BS in transmammalian studies. Also working on an ursa minor.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

But we weren't allowed to, because annoying loving American liberals would not shut the gently caress up about it. Parading her around, hailing her as a "hero," wall-to-wall coverage and commentary over this bull-poo poo non-story for one purpose - to rub our noses in it for their own enjoyment, because they actually believe all of their own horse-poo poo about us being horrible, awful, hateful people.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

akasnowmaaan posted:

But it's more than possible to do it without being checked for this condition, right? So really we have to accept that at least a portion of the transgender community are doing it out of choice. And if they are doing out of choice, then why not. It's their choice and body.

akasnowmaaan posted:

Except you have historical examples where it happened. Like the whole case of Grey Owl, a white british man who went to North America, was a bit of a con artist, then pretended to be Native American... then identified and became Native American as well as accepted into the culture and lived that way for the rest of his life. (also helped found the environmentalist movement)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

akasnowmaaan posted:

:mediocre:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

katlington posted:

But we weren't allowed to, because annoying loving American liberals would not shut the gently caress up about it. Parading her around, hailing her as a "hero," wall-to-wall coverage and commentary over this bull-poo poo non-story for one purpose - to rub our noses in it for their own enjoyment, because they actually believe all of their own horse-poo poo about us being horrible, awful, hateful people.

Or it was just the tabloid press squeezing every dime they could from what used to be his/her balls.
Maybe the fact that reality tv is involved has something to do with it?

Nah, it is a liberal plot to destroy America.

gnarlyhotep posted:

So this is some kind of Irish political bullshit

Sounds like it belongs in D&D

Goddammit what did you do? :argh:

Pohl fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shadoer posted:

But it's more than possible to do it without being checked for this condition, right? So really we have to accept that at least a portion of the transgender community are doing it out of choice. And if they are doing out of choice, then why not. It's their choice and body.

Can you explain to me what you are actually talking about?

• Locked thread