Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
lmao

quote:

Controversy is swirling around one of the Inland Northwest’s most prominent civil rights activists, with family members of Rachel Dolezal saying the local leader of the NCAAP has been falsely portraying herself as black for years.

Dolezal, 37, avoided answering questions directly about her race and ethnicity Thursday, saying, “I feel like I owe my executive committee a conversation” before engaging in a broader discussion with the community about what she described as a “multi-layered” issue.

“That question is not as easy as it seems,” she said after being contacted at Eastern Washington University, where she’s a part-time professor in the Africana Studies Program. “There’s a lot of complexities … and I don’t know that everyone would understand that.”

Later, in an apparent reference to studies tracing the scientific origins of human life to Africa, Dolezal added: “We’re all from the African continent.”

local NAACP members said they had a hunch she might not be black but didn't want to ask lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its BLOWING UP ON TWITTER

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

#RachelDolezal

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Cultural appropriation

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
But does she have a ghetto booty?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Based on the progression of those pics I conclude she was an albino baby

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
lmao its like the opposite of that chapelle show sketch

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hey, Ralp said no more transmysogny so stop making fun of her for being a transcolored.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does this mean I can think she's hot now?

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
"Are you an african american" *10 second pause* "I don't understand the question"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM&t=500s

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wow she might actually be white white lol

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

wow she might actually be white white lol

Her mother says so.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/11/rachel-dolezal-spokane-naacp-leader-falsely-portra/

quote:

Dolezal’s mother, Ruthanne, says the family’s ancestry is Czech, Swedish and German, with a touch of Native American heritage.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

looks like that girl from arrested development with like 25-30 years on her

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

looks like that girl from arrested development with like 25-30 years on her

who?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
lo

edit: l

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Maybe

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

"In 2000, Doležal earned a bachelor’s degree from Belhaven College in Jackson, Mississippi, and a master’s degree in 2002 from Howard University, a historically black university in Washington, D.C. She taught at Howard for two years before moving to Idaho. “Coming from a trans-racial family that has hop-scotched to a variety of racial-tension areas, I have seen racial hatred in many forms,” she says. Her artistic and human endeavors have everything to do with her “connection with the core undercurrent of the human experience” which she says attaches her to the creative process, and feeds her work."

I know what it's like to be black, coming from a czech and german household

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Paging Sedanchair

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
jesus christ

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Paging Sedanchair

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

http://www.racheldolezal.blogspot.com/

The Great Escape

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 12, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wait, hold on.

does not being black somehow preclude her from being able to care about black people or something i don't really understand

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That wasn't a very good episode of TNG.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

That wasn't a very good episode of TNG.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

wheres the disguise

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I feel like at this point she's never going back.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm going to need a subreddit to explain and hate on this phenomenon ASAP.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mission accomplished

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've been wondering whether anyone has ever had cosmetic surgery to make themselves look black, like how skin bleaching and stuff is used in the opposite direction. This woman was in the perfect position to benefit from it but was too lazy to do anything but frizz up her hair :mediocre:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

does not being black somehow preclude her from being able to care about black people or something i don't really understand

Apparently she thinks so.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Bip Roberts posted:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
imo a white woman can advocate for the advancement of colored people just as much as a black woman

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

I've been wondering whether anyone has ever had cosmetic surgery to make themselves look black, like how skin bleaching and stuff is used in the opposite direction. This woman was in the perfect position to benefit from it but was too lazy to do anything but frizz up her hair :mediocre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
Payback for that Wayans brothers movie

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
she filled out forms marking her race as white, indian, and black, which is an extremely white thing to do and it makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

• Locked thread